Thread: Vanilla vids

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vanilla vids

Hello I never played vanilla or raids in BC and if there are any wow veterans that played and raided the old content when it was still progression and if you recorded the raids i would love to see what it was like back then and if vent is also recorded that would be amazing D

thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Have done some researching myself and I haven't found anything entertaining. I would love to get some flashbacks from the good ol' days!

Ninja looter in Garr! By reactions you can understand why epics were epics haha!

Razorgore, first boss in BWL
    Last edited by Naur; 2011-01-07 at 08:37 PM.

i lold, are they girls or 12 year old kids? hard to tell
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

10+ Year Old Account
    best video ever made in WoW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4jagGClKPg
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-01-07 at 09:01 PM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I suggest to download it, if you can, and watch in higher quality.
    Last edited by Naur; 2011-01-07 at 09:06 PM.

Really awesome thread hopefully I c some more epic videos.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to see an absolutely epic video from vanilla wow, you can find the 2 part video on youtube (and full movie on WCM i believe): A Few Good Men - Rite of Passage

In fact, here are the links:
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfvTf_xrguw
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qKETUmLqew

maybe i should mention, it's from Blackwing Lair. A Few Good Men have several other videos which are all very good, but don't quite capture the epic feeling that was BWL.

Full 1 hour 33 min film with every single bossfight that had ever been in the game up to patch 3.0.9:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/downlo...06475&mirror=4

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    i lold, are they girls or 12 year old kids? hard to tell
    It's fake. Garr was old news and not a big deal when that video came out iirc. But yes, things like that DID happen, so it's a good, "truthy" fake.

World of Roguecraft is my favorite series

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=26540

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=7940

there are a few more too.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos01123 View Post
    These videos are the exact reason I get confused when people say Vanilla was better, look at the hunters completely basic rotation, he spends 2 minutes of the fight completely still doing nothing but pressing 2-3 buttons.

When he gets to Thaddius he carries on his very basic rotation, moving a few steps every 30 seconds or so (which btw it looked like he had an addon telling him exactly where to go)

Compare that to a fight like Omnitron, one of the first raid bosses in Cata, DPS rotations are still fairly simple but they have a hell of a lot more to do, theres ALOT more stuff to get used to/move from, ALOT more target switching is needed. You can't get an arrow on Omnitron telling you which way to go.

People who say that things like DBM make the game easier, Blizzard balance the game knowing people have this information.
    Last edited by mmoc9eeaaea509; 2011-01-07 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    These videos are the exact reason I get confused when people say Vanilla was better, look at the hunters completely basic rotation, he spends 2 minutes of the fight completely still cdoing nothing but pressing 2-3 buttons.

When he gets to Thaddius he carries on his very basic rotation, moving a few steps every 30 seconds or so (which btw it looked like he had an addon telling him exactly where to go)

Compare that to a fight like Omnitron, one of the first raid bosses in Cata, DPS rotations are still fairly simple but they have a hell of a lot more to do, theres ALOT more stuff to get used to/move from, ALOT more target switching is needed. You can't get an arrow on Omnitron telling you which way to go.

People who say that things like DBM make the game easier, Blizzard balance the game knowing people have this information.
    tbh, most people that say vanilla was better didn't even raid in vanilla. There wasn't anything harder in vanilla, it was only harder to get enough on for a raid.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreakz View Post
    tbh, most people that say vanilla was better didn't even raid in vanilla. There wasn't anything harder in vanilla, it was only harder to get enough on for a raid.
    I think this is completely true, I just watched another video of the same guy fighting Gluth ( http://www.youtube.com/user/DaAznSaN#p/u/19/fEuxVfBckuA ) and it is only FOUR minutes into the fight that he has to move more than one step, all he does then is take like 3 steps to the left and attack a new mob. Sometimes he has to bandage himself. Wow.

Add to that his completely insane rotation of what seems to be about 3 skills, including something that appears to have a ~5 second cast time (I don't even think you could even fit that into a rotation nowaydays.

I'm not saying Vanilla raiding was "bad", it was probably completely epic in its day, i'm just saying that raiding has evolved so much since then that I really can't comprehend how people can say it was better and I really can't see how it was much harder.

Edit 1: For anyone that thinks it was harder, can you please tell me what that hunter did in both videos that hunters today don't have to do? I guess you could say they don't have to bandage anymore but people in my guild use Lightwell which is basically the same.
    Edit 2: I'm sure the video would have been even less interesting from the PoV of a Paladin whose job was to spend the whole fight buffing because Paladin buffs last just 3 minutes or from the PoV who has a raid spot for the one and only reason that he can innervate a Priest.
    Last edited by mmoc9eeaaea509; 2011-01-07 at 10:51 PM.

Vanilla sucked donkeyvomit in so many ways.

It was also brand new and exciting and awesome compared to the competition. The world was a WORLD with all kinds of pvp and stuff happening and people nerdraging in server forum wars and putting their raids on hold to go outside and keep other guilds from getting into the instance ...for hours at a time. It was WAR.

Class balance was about as smooth and neat as a fully loaded pizza dropped from thirty stories up. If you had a mostly working talent tree your class was considered in good shape. "Class review patches" were months or years between, now balancing happens in a few weeks. There was one tanking class, and they often tanked in Fury spec. 90% of people had no clue that the class they'd chosen only had one function at endgame.

It was hard because MMO-Champion and Thottbot and Wowhead and EJ and Wowpedia didn't exist. No-one had a clue. 50% of people had never heard of mouse-turning. Plenty of people got to level 40 or later with no clue that talents existed. Getting an epic mount was just that - EPIC.

I read on the internet that Healing Touch rank 4 was the best spell to heal with. The other healers who had been raiding for months when I showed up had never heard of down-ranking, and few people knew about swapping gear for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account

classic world pvp video right there

any my favorite of rogue tanking Ony

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

I lost my vids of Noth server first kill, Patchwerk guild kill, but here I am making a request :

if there is someone with a wcm premium account, could you please download Saerdna ? it's a rogue pvp movie, he just dinged grand marshal and it was something I am very fond of. probably the one movie that made me take a closer look at pvp and try things my way.
    and if you download it, please upload it somewhere where I can get it and keep it forever ?

thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha the serenity now video! I remember the day that happened. The rage that ensued on the forums. The hilariousness as well.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin