Deleted

Smile The Gods Of Loot Are Against Me!

Am i just the most unlucky guy in wow? but it seems to be that the even though i do about 3-4 dungeons a day, each dungeon averaging 4 bosses, approximately 12 - 16 chances of loot. It seems that 1 time every 2 days, a piece of STR DPS Plate drops.

It this just my bad luck? (This isn't a QQ thread, don't treat it like one)

Yes, it's just bad luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have great luck. I get every drop I need, usually the first time I run it.

...Usually on a character opposite the one that needed it, but who's keeping track?

The gods of loot are fickle beings. You can farm that instance from here until the end of days and never see that one item drop, meanwhile all your buddies could get separate groups for it tomorrow and see it drop EVERY TIME.

The gods of loot are bastards. BASTARDS, I SAY!

RNG is a harsh mistress.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I once rolled in the negative, Blizz took me one of my items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    I also find that I get some kind of bugged error message when I don't get out of something fast enough. "You can't do that while dead"

It's just a universal law. The more you look for something, the more the universe keeps it from you. But, if you're not expecting it, and it's a pleasant surprise, you tend to get it faster. Obviously this isn't true for everything, sometimes your luck can overcome it

Random drops are random. Trust me, I try to do Halls of Origination every day. STILL haven't gotten those tank bracers.

I remember running Nexus everyday for 2 weeks trying to get War Mace of Unrequited Love and ended up making a Titansteel Guardian. First time I run Nexus after getting Torch of Holy Fire, War Mace drops.

Gotta love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When ever I first dive into new dungeons, I try to not look at atlas loot or the loot tables here so that I can not get my hopes up then let down when an item I want doesn't drop. Then after running the instances for a while and getting loot, I'll look up stuff to see if there are upgrades. I thank the RNG gods everyday something good drops for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoPantz View Post
    I have great luck. I get every drop I need, usually the first time I run it.

...Usually on a character opposite the one that needed it, but who's keeping track?
    Precisely the same thing with me, I went there on my warrior, first ever 25-man attempt, all cloth gear and Nibelung dropped and got disenchanted.
    First ever 25-man on my mage, Deathbringer's Will dropped, disenchanted, as did Cryptmaker and Bryntroll.

FML.

By there I mean ICC, back before Shattering.
    Last edited by mmocea80e1e16f; 2010-12-27 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Brainfart

Deleted
    Wait til you have it all, then it will drop all the time! ;P