Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    3K? Seriously, that was bad at 80 in badge gear. How does a nonretarded noncrippled person do 3K at 85???
    You can do more auto attacking <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    wel... damn i can only do 5k on my pally T_T, anyone know where i can go to learn better rotation and maybe gearing/stats? please??

Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot View Post
    People who know how to play and don't stand in @#$! matter. If they do that while pulling 6k DPS or 16k DPS, who cares?
    You said it!

Raw numbers is one thing, i guess below 6-7k is just you being bad tough. But if your perform bad allround and are competing with the tank for 3th spot, your doing it wrong.
    DPS isnt everything, but it is still the reason your there. To kill the boss before the boss kills you cause your healer OOMs. And just cause your quick on the interupts and dont make any technical mistakes on the boss doesnt automatically mean your a good dps, you also need to do good dps.

And i understand if your class is strongly disadvantaged on a certain fight, i really do. But if you pull consistently low on everything, srry but you are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Deleted
    People saying they were doing 11-14k upon dinging are simply talking rubbish, sorry but you are.

I do 11-14k now with ilvl 353, and I know exactly what i'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripebear View Post
    People saying they were doing 11-14k upon dinging are simply talking rubbish, sorry but you are.

I do 11-14k now with ilvl 353, and I know exactly what i'm doing.
    I agree with this also. I wonder if people are taking into account fights that boost your damage like the third boss of brc.

Quote Originally Posted by Senedra View Post
    wel... damn i can only do 5k on my pally T_T, anyone know where i can go to learn better rotation and maybe gearing/stats? please??
    EJ isn't perfect, but:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-...rdance_4_0_3a/
    It's a long read, but if you get through and understand it you'll probably do better. Important things to read for dungeons:
    -Multiple Target (Under rotation)
    -Stats and Gearing
    -Frequently Asked Questions

If you find you don't understand something there, I'd recommend browsing/searching the paladin forums here on MMOC. If you can't find an answer, start a new thread.

Beyond that, the important thing is to work on DPS uptime. Uptime is essentially the amount of time you're doing things to deal damage, which means things like anticipating where you'll need to be standing next to deal damage.

For what it's worth, I know two players leveling ret alts in my guild switched to prot because they couldn't bring as much DPS as they wanted. I haven't played ret in Cata myself, so I don't know if they were just missing something big or what.

There is a pretty big difference between an absolute minimum you can expect of people in a PUG, and what to expect in a raid.

Unless you're doing a boss that is a dps race and someone is falling way behind, I see no good reason to kick people for their dps.

Sadly what I see in most of the threads on this forum is the same ass-clown behavior that is completely ruining this game.

I'm only playing this game now because of my guild, in addition to requiring certain minimums, we also require a certain maturity and attitude.

There should seriously be some way to rate other people's attitudes: For example, initiating a kick would cost you 500 personal prestige, and clicking yes would cost you 100 etc. just make it more difficult to replace people, because every character has a person behind it, not just a load of fucking 1's and 0's that translate into damage, mitigation and healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matero View Post
    I agree with this also. I wonder if people are taking into account fights that boost your damage like the third boss of brc.
    I would say yeah, on some fights where you get crazy RNG, especially as a frost DK I was once in a dungeon hitting 14-15k after I dinged, but it wasn't constantly that.

I do agree when people are doing less than 5k, they probably deserve to be warned, then kicked.

But saying you do 11-14k upon dinging is just crap, unless you're talking into acccount AoE and trash.

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    Did you really just use a flashback to over 2 years ago as backup to your argument?
    Well, really it's to a couple months ago, for the most part. When people were rolling alts at the end of LK (before 4.0.1), some people would say "You should be doing 3k+ dps as soon as you hit 80!"

Few players can really do that, but it's easy to pretend you could have. It's similar to right now, where in reality most average fresh 85 PUG DPSers are doing 5-7k (in my experience), with a few people breaking into 5 digits reliably. People in here saying you should be doing 10k minimum must kick 90% of the people in their PUGs.
    (FWIW, I agree people should be able break 10k in that gear, I just think it's a little silly to expect it out of average people learning encounters.)

'course, some players really can do crazy output. Saw people who could regularly break 2k in Outlands. :P Suppose that's less likely now with boss HP being higher. </csb>

I expect at least 5k, though if a dps starts helping heal(as i do many fights) I dont worry about it. supporting the group preventing a wipe > dps race

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    If imagining others are as bad as you comforts you somehow, then please keep doing that.
    Just stop. No one is doing 14k in heroics in 329 gear besides maybe Unholy DKs and Surv Hunters on trash and they are clearly outliers.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

I was kicked from a heroic for my dps being too low at around 6.5k after i first dinged 85,still needed some gear and chants,u know the drill.Anyways the mage and lock that were pullin 9-10k dps only did a grand total of 38% of the total damage between the two of them where i was over 36% myself,and doing interrupts on top of it.Imo people are blinded by burst dps and a pretty high number there rather than overall damage which I think is more important and understated.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    9k+ is imo with heroic gear already, 7k should be doable with questgear, 6k if you run pvp spec in questgear (yes i tried)

as a rogue i do 10k with pve spec on heroic bosses, 8-9k on trash, about 1,5 k less with pvp spec (got mostly heroic items ) -values unbuffed and without heroism /time warp
    can go up to 12-13k with buffs and timewarp

although: i can go down to 5-6k dps if there are weak mobs and caster dps aoe them before my stuff even starts to work
    ^^This pretty much sums it up. This is the kind of numbers I've been seeing.