Nefarian Adds question (p3 specifically)

Hey all,

We've been progressing on Nefarian for a day or 2, and we've had some pretty close attempts (sub 10%), but I am still unsure how exactly the Add mechanic works in this fight.

So there's 5 adds during P1, and in P3, he rezzes those adds with shadow flames. now my question is, if the adds are next to each other do more then 1 rez at a time? This seemed to be the case for us sometimes because one time we would get 1 add at the start then the next we would get 3, which completely kills our attempt.

Another question I had is does more then 5 adds rez, since only 5 adds die in p1? All the videos I watch they have 5 adds at the end of p3 when the boss dies, but we had over 8 or 9 on some attempts. Could anyone explain this?

In conclusion, can anyone explain how exactly the add mechanic in this fight works?

Thanks!

It is only 5 adds the whole time. They rez if they're in fire, I believe Nef rezzes them over time as well.
    But my knowledge is only from 10m.

hey pask BEAT ALPHA

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    hey pask BEAT ALPHA
    lol, they run 25's so it wouldn't be much of a difference anyways. We did get like 5/11 server firsts hopin to get nef to make it 6/12

It is only 5 adds the whole time. They rez if they're in fire, I believe Nef rezzes them over time as well.
    But my knowledge is only from 10m.
    yeah that's what we thought, and with 2 shackles 2 pally fears and my roots it should be pretty easy to handle, it's just that sometimes we've had a lot more then 5 adds lol

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 03:03 AM ----------

bump for more responses

bump Hopin to kill em tonight, cleared 11/12 in 3 hours last ngiht

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any time a shadowflame spark or breath hits the adds, they revive and remove all cc. They also keep their buffs, so avoid this as much as possible. Long CC isn't a good idea, really. If they do not touch any flames or sparks, they will die off on their own. It has nothing to do with them hitting players. They also speed up on their own, so a short duration snare or stun would work best, such as holy wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Any time a shadowflame spark or breath hits the adds, they revive and remove all cc. They also keep their buffs, so avoid this as much as possible. Long CC isn't a good idea, really. If they do not touch any flames or sparks, they will die off on their own. It has nothing to do with them hitting players. They also speed up on their own, so a short duration snare or stun would work best, such as holy wrath.

Got the kill tonight like we wanted to. One thing though, the adds in p1 don't get much power from hitting people but they definitelydo in p3. Our best way was to individually cc them outside the middle away from fire.