Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Vial Of Sands - Sandstone Drake... is it really worth it?

I've been seeing more and more of these pop up on my server and I have to say and I am being honest, not trying to start a troll fest here or what not, but I am not impressed with this new money sink. There is just no "omg.. thats just wow" factor to it. My plan was to start saving for one of these since I have both professions needed to acquire it but the more I see it, the more I am thinking I'm gonna stick to my proto-drake.

My question to you is, the more you see it, does it really impress you or is it just new and rare so that means you have to have it?

I kinda agree with you, i know i will have it eventually, just to carry around some of my friends alts around But yes, im not in a hurry to get it.

"new and rare so that means you have to have it" - Im in this group. That, and had gold i wouldnt otherwise spend.
    PEWPEW

10+ Year Old Account
    what else is there to even buy?

With the current bug to all the other stone drakes they pretty much look the same so I think it's kinda meh, once they fix the bug lots will have the sand drake anyways, I think I'd rather spend 29k on some mounts that earns achievements instead!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't you checked out this thread yet?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Why not if you have time and gold.There were people who had those professions or at least one of them + who rolled for the drake + who rerolled and went for the drake.As long as it is a gold and time issue you will always see many people having rare stuff(if it can be caleed rare).

15+ Year Old Account
    I've sold about 16-17 crafts for a 5k fee on my server since I got the pattern, and sold a couple already crafted for 55k each. To be honest, Sandstone drake is Cataclysm's mechano-hog or grand caravan mammoth. No one needed those either, but look how many you see around. Also, if people can afford a mount worth 50k in mats 3 weeks into Cataclysm, it's not like they're going to have anything to do with their gold the rest of the expansion. Gold is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Haven't you checked out this thread yet?
    Why does everyone have to put the worst music possible in their WoW videos. I feel like an ass just for watching that with the sound enabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do want the Sandstone drake. Not only does it turn me into a drake (which I happen to think is really awesome), but I can carry a passenger at 310% speed. Fun and utility rolled into one. Well worth it to me. Now if only I could get that darn recipe.

Associate Professor Emeralde ~ fire-starter, flower-picker, potion-brewer, and artifact-finder

I agree that gold has little value right now. I use it to powerlevel professions and buy master riding on alts. There's not much else to buy.

I dual box, so a 2-person mount of any stripe is valuable to me. The sand drake is ugly and buggy, though. Mountspecial doesn't roar, and passengers are held in the claws. At this point I just use the mount to show off that, at one time, I had 50k.

Deleted
    No mount is worth anything. At the end of the day, they all do the same job and even thats depending on your riding skill.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont like the new drakes they are awsome skins sure but i hate the fact that you float 5" below the drake id prefer if i actully sat on the drake. as for the the vial id love to have the drake. i could feel like a druid :P how ever im not too impressed with the cost... mean its like 29.5k gold for the vendor mats from uldum

10+ Year Old Account
    the traveler's tundra mammoth impressed me more tbh. shame they didn't update the vendors
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so at all.

I was hot and bothered to get it until my first canopic jar had nothing in it and I've yet to see another jar since then, but have seen a half dozen of the sandstone drakes flying around and several other people selling combines for it.

I'll still get it eventually, but I'm fairly sure those 12 truegold will stay in my inventory for quite awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    I was hot and bothered to get it until my first canopic jar had nothing in it and I've yet to see another jar since then, but have seen a half dozen of the sandstone drakes flying around and several other people selling combines for it.

I'll still get it eventually, but I'm fairly sure those 12 truegold will stay in my inventory for quite awhile.
    I gave up on Arch when my first canopic contained a mummified middle finger.

I suggest you just pay the 5k+ tip and get your dragon on. Your Arch time could be better spent doing, well, anything else.

Deleted
    Does the recipe only drop if you have alchemy? I know its for alchemists only, but I dont want to drop mining just yet. I now have a canopic jar and am wondering if it will even drop if you dont have alchemy?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    the traveler's tundra mammoth impressed me more tbh. shame they didn't update the vendors
    Yup, same for me.. still one of my fave mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wed View Post
    No mount is worth anything. At the end of the day, they all do the same job and even thats depending on your riding skill.
    As opposed to spending gold on... what? Purplez and BoEs that will last you a couple more months?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanae View Post
    Does the recipe only drop if you have alchemy? I know its for alchemists only, but I dont want to drop mining just yet. I now have a canopic jar and am wondering if it will even drop if you dont have alchemy?
    Good question, want answer on it aswell as atm i only level arch with my alt which do not have alch.