Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    50k should be the minimum, if u see one for less i suggest grabbing it, since the person is selling themselves short otherwise....just take a look on AH at the value of the materials involved. The truegold alone is worth 12k.

It's worth it, or well, jsut as worth it as any other vanity item.
    OH FOR GODS SAKE I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

no its not worth it.. its going for 50k on my server.. and the crimson deathcharger is going for 100k which i find pretty hilarious lol

Yeah I really don't understand why people are selling it so cheap the amount of time it takes to farm everything to make the bloody thing the price should be reflecting that and the total price of all the mats to current AH prices me thinks?? :S That's not even factoring in what the item actually is a god dam dual flying mount!!! wth people L2 get your goldzz worth!! ALSO! this adds to your mount count for those mount gathering vermin out there that will spend unlimited amounts of gold to have every single one!! my original guess was like 80k minimum when Cata came out and first 1 I saw on my server was only around 65k.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its never really "worth" it, however if you have the money and nothing else to spend it on why not? Thats why I bought it anyways :P. The mount by itself isnt that special, however I will say that right now its pretty fun/hilarious to use it with all the combinations of potions/items/things that change your size/appearance in any way, because many work with the dragon for some hilarious visuals :P. One of my favs is using a iron boot flask in it, to make a flying dark iron dwarf, then having another person mount and also use an iron boot flask. Then you can both do emotes and its pretty funny lol.

I am going to say no ye sure it's a two seated flying mount but in the end of the day its just a reskind stone drake.
    At least the Hog had an unique look to it and tbh a MC is bad ass besides you can just get the Raf rocket.
    It have an unique look to it and its bad ass and its pretty much free if you find someone to raf.
    Or do like i did pay 10k to a m8 to buy two months of game time and vanilla wow and bam you have a two seated mount and you saved 45k gold.

You can cast giant spells while your it, saw a Shaman use Thunderstorm and Earthquake, pretty damn awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably cheaper to just buy that thing than to farm for it ourselves, seriously. The amount of gold that I've spent on hieroglyphs over the past few days is considerable, but those things speed up the solving processes sooo much.

Besides... I still want the other rares you can get from Tol'vir... so I'll probably get the Vial sooner or later.

Still... Hieroglyphs suck. The droprate sucks. The spawnrate of Uldum digsites sucks even more. I have 4k Night Elf fragments by now... and I'm not completing any of that stuff because I already have all Night Elf rares. *curses* I'm going to make a nice bit of gold when they limit fragments to 200 per race... from the bazillions of commons I'll be creating that day XD

As far as the looks go, it's the Bronze drake of Cataclysm. And I have NEVER seen anybody riding one, people just by themselves, being a dragon mount, nobody else riding it. All alone. What is with that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    I gave up on wanting one when it was made BOE.
    me too, i dropped inscription for alchemy just before cata release, powerleveled it then i farmed hard for about 40 hours at the begining of cata (2 jars no pattern)
    then they made it boe and i gave stopped farming the pattern.
    ill probably get it at some point while i complete all the archeology achivs, but meh tbh
    sad gnome

i only spent 30k on mine, and made all that gold through charging people to make them one, so i'd say it was worth it, but i've also been using my headless horseman mount a lot more lately instead

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    50k should be the minimum, if u see one for less i suggest grabbing it, since the person is selling themselves short otherwise....just take a look on AH at the value of the materials involved. The truegold alone is worth 12k.
    Yeah right, 12k from Truegold, 23k2 from vendor mats (if you are playing horde, obviously alliance drakes cost 5k8 more gold to make). 3/4k for flasks. We are looking at a mount that costs just under 40k to make, and you think 50k is a fair price? Not. Don't get me wrong, i'm making insane margins on dumb people everyday, but that's not a reason to promote said margins on community forums.

Compare the amount of time the crafter spent on farming the recipe with the amount of time he or she could have earned simply from using his gathering profession to gather herbs, ores or leathers in that same time.

Now tell me again why 10k is such an absurd margin.

Meh im sticking to my choppah! i PVP alot so having the stone drake wont mean shit.
    I also love riding MCs in real life so bother about a yellow drake that i can get via raiding or pvping, only in a different color?
    Yes im also a Goblin so i have the trike to

Deleted
    If you have alot of gold and nothing to spend it on... this is a cool option. Worth it then? Yeah. Not like there is a whole looot to spend gold on to begin with.

Got mine already crafted for 43.5k gold last week. It's not the best looking mount out there but the fact that it carries one passenger makes it worth having. And the fact that it's actually a shapeshift rather than a mount is kinda cool, but i am somewhat picky about who i allow to mount me

Meh, Turning in a dragon and letting my friends mount me is not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Compare the amount of time the crafter spent on farming the recipe with the amount of time he or she could have earned simply from using his gathering profession to gather herbs, ores or leathers in that same time.

Now tell me again why 10k is such an absurd margin.
    Maybe because you are not the only person who can craft it anymore, and customer has a whole lot of choice on almost every server? Even on my low pop server, i know at least 5 people who can do it, 2 guys tring to sell a vial, a guildmate, a guy advertising on /2, and the guy who charged me 7k for the click (which is basically less than the 10k margin we are talking about, but one month later) but that's because he was the only one having it at that time, and because i was his very first customer. I'm just telling you from the market that 10k is silly, and that Vials just dont sell on my server for 50k (horde side).

It's not because you spent time on it, that it has to be profitable you know... Choose your mean to make gold wisely next time.

Don't really care what other players have. Sure it does "minimize" the wow factor of the mount but that still doesn't mean that its not awesome by itself. I won't buy it, I will craft it for myself and I plan to do it the "hard way" (getting mats, leveling professions, etc). I believe in challenge and I find it fun and engaging to do it this way - hence the reward feels much more sweeter. Having to money to just buy it ruins it for me.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wed View Post
    No mount is worth anything. At the end of the day, they all do the same job and even thats depending on your riding skill.
    Lol nice fail post there, please tell me how, in ANY stretch of your fail imagination that the Sandstone drake, and the dawnsaber for instance do the same thing? can you fly a lowbie around northrend to get there explorer title? Nope, only 1 other mount can do that, thats the rocket, so please think before posting

Anyway, my 2cents, noone else can say if its "worth it" it entirely depends on how you value gold, and if your good with it, my gold bounces up and down all over the place, as soon as i get to 100k i then go around giving it to people, buying peoples flight skills, ive bought all the flying skills/mounts ect for my own Toon, i collect BoE epics upto level 70, so there really wasnt anything for me to spend the gold on so if you want it, get it, if not then dont:P
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2011-01-10 at 11:44 AM.