Deleted

Unhappy Hacked! What to do??

As a GM of the guild im in I get very worried when my raiders gets hacked. This has happened twice in the last year and when the first player didnt get any help from Blizzard he quit the game.
    Now, when the second player got hacked, lost his e-mail and didnt get the help he needed from the GM's at Battle.net, my question is:
    Is his account doomed? is there no way he can get the account back?
    The bot/person that hacked my guildies account also found a way to change his secret question..
    We have tried everything it seems. He sent in a photo of his ID and also a photo of himself + the ID. He also called Blizzard several times, mailed them but still nothing..
    The GM my guildie spoke to said that "his ID could be fake and that they cant do anything about it".

From my experience, if you call them and go through the proper steps you'll get your account back unless the account you play on was given to you by a friend.

It's highly likely you aren't being told the whole story I think.

Been hacked twice have gotten recovery within a few hours each time. If you use the correct methods Bliz will help.

Steps for recovery are here.
    http://us.battle.net/en/security/help

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always gather the account information and CALL with your phone.
    You'll get your account back withing minutes.

Yeah I've been hacked once and I know a couple others who have been hacked and it's always a very fast recovery time. Just follow the steps on their website and you usually get your account back within a day or two.

I didn't even have to call Blizzard, although a couple of my friends had to. So this story seems a bit off to me, because I can't imagine Blizzard saying that the ID is fake, that just doesn't make much sense. I took a picture of my ID with my phone and emailed it to them and it was fine.

You have two guildies that have been hacked and not received help from Blizzard? Yeah, they're definitely not telling you the whole story OR they are total idiots.

The only time you should ever have a problem getting an account back is if it wasn't your account to begin with. Yes, I am referring to people who either purchased an account or are playing someone else's.

Further, it also shows that those players probably didn't have authenticators. If they have a smart-phone, they can get one for free. Physical authenticators are incredibly inexpensive, too ($6, if I recall, and that's just the shipping... the item itself is free).

Long story short: They're lying to you, they're inept, or they're playing on an account that they didn't make.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Somebody is telling you fibs. I mean I suppose it's a possibility that a hacker might find a way around the secret security question and that your guildie doesn't have any form of ID like a passport which Blizzard will accept as evidence that he is the account holder, but the more likely and plausible reason is he's lying to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of off topic but anyone who's hacked will probably want this too: If you log on to find valuables missing, call Blizzard and tell them your situation and that you'd like a restoration. Even if you call them for being hacked, they'll restore you as well at the same time.

Ticketing for a restoration can take hours if not days.

Call or e-mail Blizzard. I've been hacked twice and they were actually extremely helpful on the phone and via e-mail.

I have been hacked once and Blizzard restored my account. I just called them and they outlined the steps I needed to take and it didn’t seem to take more than a couple of hours if I recollect. They turned the account back on during the call it just took a couple of hours to get my items/gold back. If you put the Authenticator on your account you will likely not have to worry about any further problems with hackers.

Deleted
    Call the police.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Somebody is telling you fibs. I mean I suppose it's a possibility that a hacker might find a way around the secret security question and that your guildie doesn't have any form of ID like a passport which Blizzard will accept as evidence that he is the account holder, but the more likely and plausible reason is he's lying to you.
    Birth certificate is adequate ID. They're not telling the full story.

Deleted
    This is bs. Blizzard never says the ID can be fake. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Karanka View Post
    As a GM of the guild im in I get very worried when my raiders gets hacked. This has happened twice in the last year and when the first player didnt get any help from Blizzard he quit the game.
    Now, when the second player got hacked, lost his e-mail and didnt get the help he needed from the GM's at Battle.net, my question is:
    Is his account doomed? is there no way he can get the account back?
    The bot/person that hacked my guildies account also found a way to change his secret question..
    We have tried everything it seems. He sent in a photo of his ID and also a photo of himself + the ID. He also called Blizzard several times, mailed them but still nothing..
    The GM my guildie spoke to said that "his ID could be fake and that they cant do anything about it".
    Hi Karanka, if a player calls us and can verify the account info, usually that is sufficient. However, in extreme cases whereby we may have two different people fighting for control of the account, we may advance the lock on the account to a higher level which means that an ID alone won't be enough to regain control. At this point, it will be difficult for me to speak to you about what's going on with another account, but if your friend is also on MMO-Champion and wants to contact me directly, they are welcome to PM me. Although I won't be able to make changes on an account through this channel, I can at least offer them some direct advice.

Hope this helps,
    Araxom
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-03-27 at 12:44 AM.

Deleted

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi Karanka, if a player calls us and can verify the account info, usually that is sufficient. However, in extreme cases whereby we may have two different people fighting for control of the account, we may advance the lock on the account to a higher level which means that an ID alone won't be enough to regain control. At this point, it will be difficult for me to speak to you about what's going on with another account, but if your friend is also on MMO-Champion and wants to contact me directly, they are welcome to PM me. Although I won't be able to make changes on an account through this channel, I can at least offer them some direct advice.

Hope this helps,
    Araxom
    Thank you for the help. I'll tell him to contact you
    //Karanka