Thread: New Cat Dance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I posted a thread on the Bug forums about it, not sure if General or Druid would have been better. No responses so far, but we'll see!

Yeah I noticed it too. I wasn't sure if it was intentional. Since on at least the cat form for NE, the jaw is jutted strangely, so the tooth pokes through the bottom of the jaw.

It's similar to the old dance..but it's a tad off...

Here's the thread I made in the Bug forum, maybe if I get some support it'll get noticed, it slid off fairly quickly...
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1756037146

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually it IS new(ish). Has been there for some time now but certainly not since Vanilla like people claim. More like since 4.0 or just before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cat dance is definitely different, and I have a NE druid, I am quite disappointed. I really liked the old one. Now it just looks like I am having some type of weird seizure.

Yeah, I posted that thread probably a week ago, no response yet. I would try to bump it up but I think that's not allowed on their forums, maybe I should just make a new one but that seems spammy....

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a number of topics about this over the last few weeks on the North American forums, but like you guys, there hasn't been any mention of it being fixed, investigated, or even awareness that I've come across. This makes me a sad kitty.

eww makes me look like im on my crazy pills. i just lost all my motivation to go back to having a feral offspec. only had a boomkin a few weeks, now it looks like im stuck that way

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsynus View Post
    Your avatar says different rawr.

ontopic: that sucks. hopefully we can get a answer soon
    A friendly fuzzy rawr to you too! It's all we have now that we can't /dance together in public...

Quote Originally Posted by USMCreaper View Post
    eww makes me look like im on my crazy pills. i just lost all my motivation to go back to having a feral offspec. only had a boomkin a few weeks, now it looks like im stuck that way
    The rest of the spec is fine... Promise! But you should play something because you enjoy it, not because the dance is awesome. >>

Oh wow they made it even more boring. GG blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Zetapuppy View Post
    A friendly fuzzy rawr to you too! It's all we have now that we can't /dance together in public...

The rest of the spec is fine... Promise! But you should play something because you enjoy it, not because the dance is awesome. >>
    haha i know. it just depresses me, i loved my kitty dance ^.^

Troll cat form dance looks stupid. The head goes from side to side in an absolute straight line, whereas it's supposed to 'sway' and be more fluid and lifelike, instead of mechanic and 'you gotta be kidding me, really?'-ish. I actually haven't danced in cat form on my tauren, so if they're all fucked up I'mma be pretty sad.

No they did change it. The head bob is so odd now. The jaw is so stiff *and on a Worgen it looks like we belong on the short bus* and its not a bob other then just side to side. T_T its sad when I enjoy my Poker Face dance more then my kitty one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    ..Are all the other forms(Bear, Travel, Moonkin) still dancing normally?
    Gotta love this game. We're talking about bears, cheetahs and big birds "dancing normally"!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    Are all the other forms(Bear, Travel, Moonkin) still dancing normally?
    As far as I'm aware, only the Cat form model (of all races) has been affected because of the shared animation skeleton; Travel form still bobs the head with the paw and tail.

I actually got a bit excited because I tested Travel form first, and I saw it worked, but then my itty bitty kitty heart was broken when I saw the Cat form dance is still screwy.

Still no response on my thread, but I've gotten some more community responses, though it seems half of them didn't notice the difference. -_-

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed the difference on day 1 of Cata with my worgen but didn't know if it was intentional or not. It's so mechanical and odd now...hopefully it goes back to what it used to be (ie the cheetah form dance) because I love to /dance on all my toons.

The troll cat form did this even before cata was released.

I have news brethren! From my thread on the Bug forums:

I just checked this on the PTR for 4.0.6(I was on my druid on the PTR) while my husband was on his druid on Live and it definitely looks like they fixed it on the PTR. The "bugged" dance looks horrible.

Whatever it was, it appears it was in fact a bug and is being fixed in the patch. Rejoice!