How would you do it?

Pretend that it's been confirmed that the next expansion is about the Burning Legion, how would you do it?

Not just - no, it won't happen.

Where should it happen? What should be the lead up/pre-expac patch? What features would it have? Which characters should appear, which and how should some change? Like Maiev, Illidan, Alleria, Turalyon, and etc. Would you want to see an updated Stromgarde, blood elf/draenei zones, or Gilneas? Should there be little Horde presence and a stronger Alliance appearance? Who would be the villains? Should we see sub races like broken or other related races playable along with some classes related to those races? How would you do a Demon Hunter class?

Blizz is bound to be working on the next expac right now, what would you like to see them working on?

10+ Year Old Account
    I got to say, i have no idea.
    I kinda love the TBC idea of having a portal, but i don't think they can create another Giant portal :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

If they don't use something like the sunwell or any other sort of well water.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Give me Bolvar whos actually awake and using the scourge to help us fight the legion and I actually maybe interested!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Give me Bolvar whos actually awake and using the scourge to help us fight the legion and I actually maybe interested!
    I would like to see this maybe a step further. Showcase the total discomfort and distrust of the Alliance and Horde working with the Scourge. Show the suspicion that Bolvar is reanimating their fallen heroes. Have a quest where they are confronted, and Bolvar wants nothing more than to protect Azeroth from the Burning Legion, and to do that, he is willing to perform unholy acts and continue raising the dead of his allies to bolster his ranks.

Make it a sorta morally ambiguous thing. He's doing something terrible, but for genuinely pure and good reasons.

As far as entering Argus... Portal through the Maelstrom. I have a typed out plan for a two-part Burning Legion expansion somewhere in my post history and could bring it up if pressed. First part is fighting the Legion back off Azeroth in an island hopping war to the Maelstrom, that they are using its energies to summon Sargeras. Final fight of that expansion is like, Sargeras' Hand. After beating him, the Maelstrom portal to Argus remains and the Horde and Alliance follow him through to Argus. The second expansion (part 2) has us chasing the wounded Sargeras across the planet, destroying Legion strongholds. Lotsa Draenei lore, naturally. At some point, a "Twins" style boss fight with Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde (If I recall correctly, Demons that are not killed properly slowly reform in the Twisting Nether?) with Velen as a helpful NPC would just take the cake for neat moments.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care how they are going to do it.
    But atleast let a demon attack capitals like they did in TBC :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Exodar is fixed and ready to fly now. (from a lore point of view) So most likely, alliance could ride on that, and no idea about horde.