Should Tankadins follow RAWR's suggestions?

I just plugged my toon into RAWR and it was measuring my gear by threat generated and seemed to suggest that I should be putting AP enchants on my boots, strength gems on my legs, and use strength trinks. These are just some examples. I was under the impression that we should be gemming, enchanting, and selecting gear that gives avoidance (dodge, parry) as well as mastery and stam. Should I just ignore RAWR or am I not using it properly or something? I used to use RAWR on my ret pally back in WoLK and it significantly increased my dps so I thought it could help with my tank gear too. Is RAWR good for evaluating tankadin gear sets/gems/enchants?

EDIT: okay I started playing with RAWR more and noticed that you could filter for a dominant characteristic to judge gear/gems/enchants on. Should we change the dominant stat from threat to mitigation? I remember reading mitigation is really important at the early stages of gearing.
    Last edited by SteelBalls; 2011-01-01 at 06:13 AM.

Threat generated is based on your damage dealt, which is based on your strength/AP, so in turn, strength/AP=threat, so rawr was simply doing what it was told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

You shouldnt have to rely on stacking AP to generate threat, that is what vengeance is for and it's design. If you can hold the boss for at least 15 seconds then you'll be all set for threat generation unless your stack runs out, and even then, it wont be a huge problem. Don't worry about RAWR telling you to gem/chant AP or crit or such, do what makes sense and go for avoidance, since it makes you live longer