View Poll Results: What do you think about the term "wrath baby" and similar ones:

Voters
477. This poll is closed
  • It's an offensive term, shall not be used and be banned and so on

44 9.22%
  • It's an offensive term but who cares what "wrath babies" feel

103 21.59%
  • It's not an offensive term, but we shall respect people who are hurt by it and not use it

42 8.81%
  • It's not an offensive term and we shall ignore people getting butthurt with it

212 44.44%
  • I just needed something to click

76 15.93%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Wrath baby" term

Poll is pretty obvious - try not to turn thread itself into flame war please.

...Unless I fail at creating a poll, I'm drunk after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    you did indeed fail =\

Happy New Year

Deleted
    poll? dont see any poll cuz the 10 character minimum is hard to reach!

Deleted
    Try again then, apparently this forum creates thread first, then you have to create poll o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    bad players need to blame some 1 else :P thats what the term is to me

Speaking as a Vanilla elementary schooler, I look down upon not only the Wrath babies, but also the TBC kindergartners and the Cata embryos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    speaking as a vanilla elementary schooler, i look down upon not only the wrath babies, but also the tbc kindergartners and the cata embryos.
    the fuck is this

I just find much of the WoW slang stupid beyond belief. From the words scrub to noob to Wrath babies.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next Cluck here is going to regale us with epic adventures as a retribution paladin way back in the original Naxx days. :P

Deleted
    Who cares what you call them?:P Wrath babies, bads, scrubs.. it's all the same.

Obviously they are bad players all the same and can't play their class or work with others properly. Since they stand out as a group from the rest of the players, they are bound to get some name anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Speaking as a Vanilla elementary schooler, I look down upon not only the Wrath babies, but also the TBC kindergartners and the Cata embryos.
    Haha "Cata embryos" gotta remember that one

Imo, define "Wrath Baby" as the following: People who started playing in WotLK and outright refuse to change their playing style and adapt to the mechanics of Cataclysm, instead getting upset that they can't faceroll everything and complain on forums about how hard heroics are.

There's a difference between "Wrath Babies" and "People who started playing in WotLK".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I just find much of the WoW slang stupid beyond belief. From the words scrub to noob to Wrath babies.
    Because scrub and noob was invented in wow, is only used in WoW and never anwhere else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkama View Post
    the fuck is this
    A pretty funny post

I do not like the wrath baby term at all, and i in fact am going to have to check with my high-ups about it being allowed here. Alas, I get kicked and called a wrath baby, not because of my unwillingness to do CC (To elaborate, i will gladly do CC, it is nessicary), but because my heroic dps is subpar :-\

I don't think a term like that should be banned, I use it to describe myself.

There's a difference between talking about "wrath babies" when making a point and calling another person a wrath baby. Using it to insult a specific person is wrong, but people who come into a thread about wrath babies just to get their feelings hurt need to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdition View Post
    you did indeed fail =\
    I'd edit and rethink what you just said....Thats an infraction....of the rules!

Anyways....

I think its a pretty offensive term. Of course its offensive! Its calling people "babies!" If it were "Wrathies" or something it wouldn't be derogatory at all.

I don't think of it being very offensive, but I do find it obnoxious. Even though I started at the end of vanilla, I know plenty of people who started in wrath and still do fine in today's content. At this point 5 mans can all be aoe'd through like wrath, so whats the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

Speaking as an old school vanilla player, I think the term is offensive. I don't call anyone a "Wrath baby" but it can be evident at times who started playing in Wrath. If anything, if I feel someone is bad I refer to the person as a baddie. Usually, if they are beyond all hope of helping and refuse it I just say "you're bad" and leave it at that.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I'd edit and rethink what you just said....Thats an infraction....of the rules!

Anyways....

I think its a pretty offensive term. Of course its offensive! Its calling people "babies!" If it were "Wrathies" or something it wouldn't be derogatory at all.
    Your sarcasm is kinda funny, but a little too far at times. Tone it down just a bit