Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    LUIv3 - was promised the world. Functionality and asthetics in one GUI. Turned out to be the biggest pile of crap of a UI i have ever used, actually lowered my dps because it was all pretty textures and no functionality.

I'm one of those that loves Vuhdo, et al.

-Default frames can't be moved
    -You can't adjust what buffs are shown on them ("Yes, I know, I have devotion aura, I have a seal active, and I have a blessing active, do you really need to take up 20% of the box showing me these things? And do you really have to show me that every person in the raid just Trick-or-Treated?")
    -The default frames are huge
    -Mouseover macros are annoying to work with, and casting by any other method requires you to either target the person you're healing (annoying at best, dangerous at worst), or to use the little cast hand on your frames (works fine, until something goes wrong and it just goes away randomly).

If none of these things bothers you, then I agree the addons are probably overrated for you. The default is a *lot* better than it used to be, though, so I can actually see using it now. It's just annoying, much like the default buff frame or the default unit frames.
    (Note: If you're using a standard unit frame addon, such as xperl or SUF, to heal with, I consider that to be essentially the same as Vuhdo; maybe not as tailored toward healers, but you can still control all the most important aspects).

I haven't found a single addon that was completely overrated (other than the aforementioned Gearscore, an abomination the likes of which has yet to be equaled), but I find most compilations/suites to be.... well, overrated. They're nice, but they're not so great I have to go out and scream about it. I prefer my own setup; it does exactly what I want.

Edit: Didn't mean to go off so much about Vuhdo et al, just wanted to throw my reasons for loving them out there. If you don't use them and do just fine, great, good for you; I'll keep my addon, you keep your interface the way it is, we'll go our separate ways healing our groups. That's part of the point of addons, after all; we don't have to do the same thing :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Yea, I actually quit using DBM, finding the new emotes sufficient. Along with the fact that is it was erroring out alot. Besides the fact, think, youre in a hard boss fight, stuff spawns under your feet! You have this add on, not telling you calmly GTFO, but BLONKing and making other OMFG alarm noises that actually take away from you visually watching the game. Your not waiting for that boss move to happen youre just waiting for "RUN AWAY LITTLE GIRL!!!!"
    You play the game with the sound on? That's odd.

Gearscore/Playerscore and all the nubs that go along with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    One last thing: I don't get how people can name GearScore in this thread?
    It does exactely what it says: it gives a score to someone's gear.. Or is this just some butthurt from being declined in ICC with ilvl 200 epics?
    That's exactly what it is.
    OT: I used to use WIM back in BC, but it's just more annoying than helpful, especially now that I can just make a chat tab in the default ui that catches all my whispers. Also: addon packages that give you that awful three inch thick, black background bar on the bottom that usually consists of the chat pane and minimap and bars. I like seeing my screen...
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    I like seeing my screen...
    Common misconception. You actually see more by decreasing the height of your WorldFrame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Common misconception. You actually see more by decreasing the height of your WorldFrame.
    Yes, I guess in the same way you see more of a widescreen movie, but I still don't like letterboxes.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

10+ Year Old Account
    Pitbull. Really, it's not that great.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Not always, like in stonecore the dragon fight. i always play that topdown since i'm the healer and have to draw imaginary lines to the rest of the grp

As for overrated addons: ForteXorcist

Titan bar? WHAT THE HELL IS IT FOR?

for the average player...

Auctioneer. While it is great for those that make their gold Wall Street-style on the AH, Auctionator is so much better for the average player.

Also, I saw a few posts saying Bartender is overrated. Bartender is excellent for those of us that use things such as a Logitech G13 or a Belkin Nostromo N52 that need a customized layout. However, for those that use a keyboard to play, yeah I can see it being pretty much useless.

---------- Post added 2011-01-01 at 02:19 PM ----------

TitanBar has it's uses if you are willing to go out and find all the modules that you want/need. Most of the time, it's kinda generic and really doesn't do much good straight out of the box.

IMO at least.

SpartanUI. I have tried to use it before after hearing so much about it, but I think it's an awful add-on.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Deleted
    I would of said UI packages... If I wouldn't been in love with TUKui. Just love how you can change anything you want in it. But it does require basic knowledge of coding or a will to mindlessly follow long guides without knowing what are you doing ^_^

So I would say xPearl especially if people leave it on default settings. And definitely titan panel... Lets just duplicate the information, cause it's so efficient... oh, and HuD addons. Useless, unless you are planning to remove your player/target frames and casting bar whatsoever. Simply cause duplicated information is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grid - dont see why people cant use X-perl unit frames .. Most people complain that in my ui i dont use grid and i use X-perl, its pretty frustrating considering grid isnt THAT amazing

Deleted
    final funtasy

I'm going to say xperl. It was cool at first but after seeing a cleaner frame like pitbull, xperl just looks stupid. Oh and Spartan ui

I now use shadowed uf.
    Last edited by Faderade; 2011-01-01 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    grid and similar addons..

its completely useless unless you're a noob

ofc i raided (as healer) before all those addons ever exited..

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    any of the bag addons that make your bag into one, on the your favorite addons thread a few days ago alot of people said these addons, i tried them and hated it :P
    DAMN you took the words right out of my mouth! I've tried all of them and they just annoy me, and I like to get all OCD on my bags, so I thought they would be handy once set up... F that though.

Deleted
    Pallypower
    Gearscore

I'll go with an unorthodox one like I tend to do in these threads: Omen.

It is very often considered as "you must must MUST have Omen" kind of addon, often given as #1 necessity when someone asks for what addons they should get. However, the uses for any threat meter are limited for most of the players, they can't take advantage of it, or default UI functionality would suffice for their needs.