Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Mana burn Mana burn Mana burn, the new Shadow Priest rotation?

As the title says, is that it? Is that what Shadow Priests have become lmao.

I mean like its not bad enough that we have so many warlocks that simply chain cast Drain Mana now we have the new superheroes of 1 button spammage.

Dont get me wrong I love pvp and I just find it a shame that Blizzard allow very unskilled players to chain cast 1 spell without fear of going out of mana themselves. It shouldn't be this way at all, if a character can cast a spell to drain mana then surely it should be with a certain fear that they will rapidly run out of mana themselves... am I wrong to think that way? am I wrong to think that very OP spells should have some drawback?

I can honestly say I have played an AB and I had a SP targeted the whole time, all he did (and this NO lie) was cast mana burn, no dots, no mind flay. As a test I just stood still and let him take my mana and I went from 97k mana to zero while he had 63k mana left at the end of it. That to me shows no apparent skill and not a single repurcussion for simply chain casting 1 spell.

Yes I know you can say, LoS fool, and yes that is quite possible in Arena but in a BG its not so easy.... and lets not forget that even in Arena our Warlock friends 1 buttons drain mana spammers can channel it through the walls lol.

I think the worst thing is that ress no longer helps us with the mana drain thing so we have to simply suck it up and die.

If things dont improve im going to switch main to a SP and this is what my UI will look like...

If Shadow Priests has a reliable way to actually protect their DoTs, as opposed to a CC that lets the healer make themselves immune to our controlled CC cooldown and does no damage, they would probably be casting more of those. As it is, Mana Burn is a better choice since it actually makes a difference.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I can honestly say I have played an AB and I had a SP targeted the whole time, all he did (and this NO lie) was cast mana burn, no dots, no mind flay.
    Those could have been bots, at least in Wotlk I remember lots of priests who were botting using only mana burn in BGs.

Ahh, so the old Disc rotation has been transferred!
    Herring seeks your life!

So you would have it where mana burn also ooms the person casting it? Then there will just be a bunch of locks/priests running around stabbing each other :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Heard of Out line of sight'nz?! You don't have to stand there and take the mana burns you know, you tool!

Heard of Out line of sight'nz?! You don't have to stand there and take the mana burns you know, you tool!
    If you read the OP it says that its hard to los people in bg's which it very much is

Quote Originally Posted by Oppose View Post
    have you heard of reading the entire post ?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snargle View Post
    If you read the OP it says that its hard to los people in bg's which it very much is
    My bad then, I'm sorry. But one other thing you can do is to actually try and kill them and dont run when you see them cast mana burn, because you will with 100% certainty go oom then, and Shadow Priests just draining mana in BG's are idiots, no fun in doing that and you dont have to do it to get a kill of either..

Quote Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
    So you would have it where mana burn also ooms the person casting it? Then there will just be a bunch of locks/priests running around stabbing each other :S
    Oooor it'd mean you can't spam it. Like healers can't spam the fast, efficient heal all the time. I'm pretty sad about probably losing drain mana on my 'lock, it's a fun spell and could be changed. Make it deal damage, not give you mana and use a lot of our mana or something, like a situational spell. You tunnel the healer, he heals like a madman, his mana leaks like a pot used as a shotgun target, you drain what's left of the mana he's got and finish him off. Instead of draining his mana from 100-0 and THEN attacking.

Deleted
    Solution: give Mana Burn and Drain Mana a CD, problem solved!

Does that matter? all you fucking healers that are not priests got infinite mana and hp anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Dollplaylol View Post
    Does that matter? all you fucking healers that are not priests got infinite mana and hp anyway
    Yeah!
    Wait.. what?

Deleted
    It's funny that you say that. I've met this new breed of players that think mana burn is actually usefull in arenas. First I taught: "OMFG I HAVE TO LINE OF SIGHT THIS!!!!!!" but I realised that they were running OOM while I was at 50-60k mana an sitting in the middle of the arena. They ended up getting burned down with Holy Shock/Exorcism while their partener was CC'ed. At that point I taught it's because I'm a holy paladin but I realised it wasn't when me and my partener switched roles and played Resto Shaman / Retri.

TL: DR - l2p

Quote Originally Posted by Notix View Post
    Yeah!
    Wait.. what?
    WAAAT you do

i think either a small cd or like a 30% miss chance would fix the problem. i've noticed them doing that in arena too and its a bitch to have to keep trying to dot and run from a target that can more effectively do it to you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    It's funny that you say that. I've met this new breed of players that think mana burn is actually usefull in arenas. First I taught: "OMFG I HAVE TO LINE OF SIGHT THIS!!!!!!" but I realised that they were running OOM while I was at 50-60k mana an sitting in the middle of the arena. They ended up getting burned down with Holy Shock/Exorcism while their partener was CC'ed. At that point I taught it's because I'm a holy paladin but I realised it wasn't when me and my partener switched roles and played Resto Shaman / Retri.

TL: DR - l2p
    Ret is terrible. I find it hard to believe you killed a shadow priest by yourself with your "cc".

As shadow right now I just spam mana burns on healers, in BG. That's my way of doing the most damage.

They can just spam dispel on my dots and get away with it, since my dot protection talent isn't even worth spec'ing into (DRs with itself and my only CC, fear.)

Why would the Spriest run him/herself oom by trying to mana burn the opponent?

It makes no sense unless you are a Moonkin.

meh, here is my stand on it. Healers are almost impossible to kill with anything less then 3-4 dps ridding them and trying to CC them....i can remember being kited by a druid for 3 minutes strait on my prot pally, with a rouge helping me on her. Mana drains seem to be the only relaible way to disable healers anymore, they have so many escape mechanics now