Wow gaming mouse issue please help

Okay so I got that steelseries wow gaming mouse for 99$. And it worked perfectly fine for about a year now but just recently it has been shutting off at random times and when I unplug it and plug it back in it doesn't do anything. After a while it turns on if i leave it plugged in (usually) I am not sure what is wrong with it. Maybe a short ? But I don't mess with the wires before I plug it back in I just wait a couple mins and it comes to life. Any suggestions?

Mine did this but it did it after some static shock form my hand. i unpluged it and back in and it eventually came back.
    Personal Rig: AMD FX-8350 / Gigabyte Windforce G1-GAMING GTX 980 / 8-GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 540 / NZXT Kraken x60

Does it literally shut off and stop working, the lights go off and everything ? Or does it just stop functioning in game?
    Advance and Vanquish

No it completely shuts off lights and all. When I plug it back in I get the sound of a usb being plugged into my computer but it doesn't work right away. I usually have to wait about 15 - 20 mins if not more and it will randomly start working again.