Why so expensive compared to other professions?

Hello there, this is a rant. Enjoy.

After viewing the required mats I am wondering why the epic tailoring items are about 1000 times harder to make then their leatherworking equivilents for example? The leatherworking mats are easily farmable if you have skinning but to get the two epic tailoring items you will need either 360 volitile of any kind or 12x5 chaos orbs to get the required Dreamcloth. And thats not even considering the embersilk bolt requirements and the cooldown that Dreamcloth has.

/rage.
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

360 Volatile of any kind?

Go herb some, Volatile lift drop so hard in Hyjal u will have those in no-time. Atleast 10 times quicker then the Chaos orb, thats for sure.
    And on top of that, i only saw 1 epic leather item thats available for Druids/Rogue which a lw can make. I think there is more on the Tailoring side, so in that case you are the lucky one, altho i takes alot of effortl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanksenior View Post

After viewing the required mats I am wondering why the epic tailoring items are about 1000 times harder to make then their leatherworking equivilents for example? The leatherworking mats are easily farmable if you have skinning but to get the two epic tailoring items you will need either 360 volitile of any kind or 12x5 chaos orbs to get the required Dreamcloth. And thats not even considering the embersilk bolt requirements and the cooldown that Dreamcloth has.

/rage.
    Welcome to how engineers have felt for the past 2 expansions. It's always costed something like 2/3 times the amount. Inscription probably cost me like 1.5k-2k , engineering probably almost close to 6 back at lvl 80.

Deleted
    Enchanting isnt easy either, but it depends on the realm. some are nice and it doenst matter. But on my realm you lose all your item drops to this proffesion and on top of that selling them on ah doesnt help as they sell for maybe 10% of the cost of the enchant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook View Post
    Enchanting isnt easy either, but it depends on the realm. some are nice and it doenst matter. But on my realm you lose all your item drops to this proffesion and on top of that selling them on ah doesnt help as they sell for maybe 10% of the cost of the enchant.
    enchanting is just one of the easiest professions to level..

Quote Originally Posted by Tanksenior View Post

/rage.
    This is pure stupidity.. 1000 times harder than the others?
    We don't even have to use chaos orbs, we can farm life or buy the 30 we need for 200g.

I got my epics without paying a dime, due to just farming the volatile my self.
    I didn't have to go heroics for it, I could get those epics without ever touching a instance.. so how is it harder for us to make our epics?
    Yes it takes a week for the CD on dreamcloth to were off, but who cares. You still get to make it without having to farm chaos orbs, which there is always some idiot rolling need on, even tho he has the epics he need.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    i have blacksmithing and jewelcrafting... do u think thats cheaper? i do not! ^^

Deleted
    IF you had to spend the time gearing up for heroics and then having to roll against a possible four other crafters for the orb then you can start complaining, right now tailors are about even as far as effort goes.

Here are the one's I've maxed, in order of difficulty -- for *my* server:

Tailoring
    Enchanting
    Jewelcrafting
    Blacksmithing
    Leatherworking
    Alchemy

The reasoning behind my order has to do with the bottom portion of the list benefiting greatly from standard gathering professions. Leatherworking was the beneficiary of an entire day following questers in MH. The top two benefit directly from questing, which be default occurs at a slower pace than gathering directly. Even with a treasure finding potion, embersilk gathering is slow. The highest drop humanoids are rarely above 50% -- this is made more difficult by the reliable ones being in high frequency quest areas. I had two maxed alchemists doing daily transmutes for volatile production. I also had two jewelcrafters offloading chimera's for financial support.

This isn't necessarily in support of the OP, but my exclusive experience. It is highly dependent on my gameplay habits but should translate pretty well to other players. YMMV.