Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Blizzard redesigning ISF

the blu post says that they want to redeseign it ( FINALLY) , how do you think it will be redeseigned?

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue - as Destro I'm fairly happy at the moment with the current mechanic.
    I do see the need for change, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravebound View Post
    No clue - as Destro I'm fairly happy at the moment with the current mechanic.
    I do see the need for change, though...
    Meh, I don't really enjoy it as any spec. Just feels way too clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mm, only thing I'd want to see changed is to make it a bit less lag-dependable, i.e. losing your ISF buff, soulfire hitting the target and not applying the buff once more. Ah well, we'll see what Blizz has in mind

as an affliction warlock it is difficult to keep up in your rotation.
    Long cast time and we need to keep track of 3 other DoT's while refreshing Corruption with our standard spells + proc on shadow bold.
    On normal trash we can't use it and there are not many tank and spank bosses.

Deleted
    I love this it feels so clunky for Affliction as it is now

I liked the mechanic as it was implemented. It required a fair amount of skill to maintain optimal uptimes for it, particularly for Affliction, and was something I was having a lot of fun learning/mastering in specific fights. If they are to redesign it, I think they are likely to remove the ICD of it to make it more forgiving. A more radical change that still retained the core functionality might be to give Affliction a DoT with a fifteen second duration that provides the haste buff so long as it is on the target; perhaps, "Soul Quickening".

Reading some of his other laughable suggestions for other classes...I wouldn't get too excited, because I bet its going to be a nerf.

I dont see how anyone finds ISF hard to manage as Afflic. Sure you got 3 dots to manage but you dont have tons of Spell cooldowns to manage instead. You just got to prioritize it and realize its not the end of the world if it falls off. Just so long as its up when you refresh your dots its ok.

I find it enlightening that they want to "Redesign" as opposed to Adjust, or Tweak. It points to them discovering the fundamental problem it causes. (Every spec takes it because its that powerful.)

I hope they remove this shit, feels retarded to have to keep this thing up as a affliction warlock.

i was actually starting to think about changing my main to something else cuz of the fact that all specs are balanced around this talent that makes my warlock so much less fun to play.
    Last edited by Certin; 2010-12-28 at 09:08 AM.

i would like to see them increase the buffs timer.

i wouldnt mind if i would just have to cast this shit 30-60 sec instead of 15 sec

The easiest Tweak to this would be to make it do what the tooltip says. Spell casting speed =/= haste. This would mean its of strictly limited worth to most specs.

The best Tweak I can see would be to remove the icd and lengthen the buff time to 30-60 second.

The tweak I can see them doing is making it mutualy exclusive with Eradication, Decimation, and Molten Core.

For a redesign its possible it wont even engage a haste proc at all.

I don't really care what they do with it, as long as they don't nerf our damage too much, because quite frankly, a lot of our damage is balanced around that talent anyway.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy to see this reworked, I'd rather see the duration of the buff increased (30 sec maybe) for 10% haste....
    I just dont like feeling like all I'm doing is casting soulfire... especially as affliction. \:

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    It'll have to be a nerf imo, as it's required for all 3 talent trees thus making 9 of the last 10 points "not an option".
    This. This is the biggest problem right here. It's the new Ruin. If you don't have 9 points in Destruction right now, you're 'wrong' as far as DPS goes (according to the people who care at least). There are no choices like Blizzard tried to give us with the new talent trees. A new Ruin = Baaaaaad.

Also, the internal cooldown is the stupidest thing in the world. Mess up timing by .1 second and you have to cast another Soulfire...

Destro is fine. Maybe few more seconds to ISF.

Thanks for "Shadow and Flame can now proc from Incinerate in addition to Shadow Bolt."

But again. Destro is fun and it is fine now.

I like it for a destro alot though.... i'm really curious how they gonna redesign it. Cause 15% haste is a huge dps boost. I hope they come up with something good otherwise all 3 specs will be nerfed pretty hard

Really just hope they don't mess it up too bad, would change our gearing priorities and everything a lot. Maybe they'll just remove the internal cooldown or something, possibly move it up a tier so that it's not possible to get in affliction/demo and just buff those 2 with something else. Never know when it's blizz.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    itd be nice to have ISP automatically add the haste ticks to immolate so i don't have to worry about which i cast first, immo or SF. other than that i can't see how they'd redesign ISP other than make it a proc like hot streak. increasing duration would BE OP in pvp, and reducing or raising haste on it would get QQ from all sources.
    Last edited by Razaac; 2010-12-28 at 11:30 AM.

it's too big of a bonus to skip it, so blizzard has now two route...
    1) redesign as REDESIGN --> ie: remove the icd (i've lost the buff a few times, because between cast time and travel time you risk either being 1 second too early or one second too late.. one second too late is ok, one second too early it's REALLY REALLY bad)..
    2) redesign as NERF --> this is BAD.. no offense, but an afflock has to be much more focused then a fire mage, surv hunter or unh dk to deliver similar (but still INFERIOR) dps as is... loosing 15% haste would be a major kick in the balls, imho