Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    /face check bush
    DEMACIA!!!
    Pentakill!
    /trollface.jpg

I started playing LoL shortly after release after a friend recommended it to me. I was not keen on the idea of another DOTA as I'd tried a few times to get into DOTA but it seemed to simply take far too much time to learn, get used to and continuously play to be able to remain competitive and for me, the time investment wasn't worth it (nor could I understand why the hell I could kill my own team...).

After a few games of LoL I had managed to get the basics down and was starting to experiment with a few champions and was having a blast doing so, item building was so much more streamlined than in DOTA and in general it feels more accessible to new players.

I have not played HoN and it's not for the fact that it costs money to buy into the initial game, (even though I bought a boxed copy of LoL), it's simply due to the fact that it (from what I've heard from all) utilises the same play style as DOTA as a more punishing game for those who don't have the time to dedicate to playing it. A death in LoL whilst bad, is not world ending bad.

I in no way am denouncing those who like HoN or DOTA, hell if you like those games all the power to you and I want you to throw your money at the game, the best way to support a game you like is with your wallet and support.

I tried LoL for free, thoroughly enjoyed the game and felt the developer deserved some credit for the game I therefore purchased champions and skins etc.

If you love LoL support it, if you love HoN support that. They should not be compared as they are designed to attract different players, not better or worse players, simply different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Long live King Tryndamere!
    May his crits be the cause of much tearshed!
    That guy causes me Endless Rage.

I've been playing quite a bit of LoL recently, it's a really fun game in my opinion though there are a fair number of dicks in the community who have to blame others if they're losing. Suppose that's the same for any game really though, it's never the enemy team being good, it's that your team are all terrible except for you.

I like playing Warwick, full on attack speed and extra magic damage works wonders but you are really squishy.

So yeah.

I finally played panth for the first time today.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. solo lane with my m8 doing akali jungle, have yet to not score a gank with panth + akali @ level 6

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpaq777 View Post
    oh nice, 15 new heroes.
    And all of them are based off of other games, such as enfos TS for TFT.

Going to have to ask people to not get into such a fanwar over these games, too. A lot of people need to take their anger back a few notches.

Deleted
    Both games (HoN and LoL) have their pros and cons tbh. Am glad though that I had the chance to play HoN on open beta.. It's just not worth the 30E just for better community (even though I doubt it is now, it was better on beta at least..).. LoL champions are way better, love their unique style, as well as the cartoonish graphics. Only thing that would keep me off LoL to start HoN is the fact that a few champions are not balanced for 3v3 but no reason to do so, because the game is made for 5v5 anw.. And even if community is what holds u back, just play arranged matches and /ignore ur opponents... Same goes for unbalancing..just ban what u hate (2 slots still aint enough but meh..cant 'have' everything now can we?)
    Biggest con for me is the rune system..even though its a nice idea (and new) sometimes it just becomes ridiculous whenever u buy a new champion..I've turned to buying only Ability Power champions just so i dont have to spend 10k+ extra IP for runes..

<3 my Lux. PewPewLaser!

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    LoL sucks,HoN is 10 times better

Has better graphics,more dinamic gameplay,players can reconnect etc.

HoN is a fucking DoTA ripoff with better graphics. I mean come on, L2make own heroes and then you can call it good. They are ripoffing LoL too with the skin shit and are also "stealing" LoL heroes which they give another name...

Go play DoTA instead of HoN... 10times better!

Deleted
    HoN Is different from LoL. I played Around 600 games on HoN through the beta and think it is a very good game, but a competitive one. I play LoL for fun when messing around seeming you have to get points to buy characters and that. I dont like that LoL is a more noob friendly game with no denying and such but thats the way it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    LoL is one of the best free games I've ever played and has stolen many a night from wow.

That said, I spend way too much money on a free game lol.
    tru.dat kinda feels that i've wasted 30bucks for HoN, played it few months.
    but hey who cares, been wasting money on wow since vanilla every friggin month.
    LoL seemed much better than HoN, nice game to play while you aren't raiding
    still been just playing LoL like ~30games aka 1week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do infact play League of Legends, I actually have 5+ guildies who also play with me.

I tend to play Lux, Ezreal, Ashe, Trundle, Anivia, Annie, and a little bit of everything else, although the listed ones are my mains.
    Thanks to JustintimeSS for the amazing signature.

In all seriousness, this thread scares me a little. The proper headline ought to be something like -"Best DotA Ripoff?". Because that's all there is to it from my PoV.

I've played DotA, alot. I'm good, not completly awesome or pro in any regard, but competent. I can without a doubt say that I can play atleast 90% of the current 6.71 map heroes to almost perfection.
    I've tried HoN a few times on a trial account with a few friends once. Felt clunky, slow and overall unfunnier than what I was used to. And then there's the heroes.
    Actual convo between me and a friend from my 2nd HoN game:
    Okeeey, cool graphics. Neat. But yea, what can their heroes do?
    -"It's np, the host´s hero is like Void, the other ones are like Pudge, PotM and Lion. But with different NAMES! AND LOOKS!
    That felt rather cheap to me.
    And for all you out there commenting on the graphics: This is a WoW-board. It is generally agreed that gameplay>graphics.

On a slightly more embarassing note, I havn't tried LoL AT ALL. But just the thought of removing denies from the game makes me almost cry. That's the general way for players to shine. Besides ganking, denying can win you the game if done adamantly and with great success.

Anyhow, that is my view on the subject. DotA is on a whole different field compared to HoN, no clue about LoL (But NO DENIES?).

PS. The only videogame equivalient of playing Pudge(or Devourer for yall HoN-peeps) for me is the old KOTOR-series. And that's not something to take easy on. Play good, and DotA is probably the most fun you can have in gaming. Play bad, and it's not fun. Practice makes perfect.

Anyone feeling up for playing the ORIGINAL game, download Garena and head to your respective nationalities once logged in. The communities aint that bad anymore.
    And to all you swedes: I'm in ya room, stealin´yo killz