Enhancement Meta gem choice.

Taking into account the gem requirements for each meta what would be the best choice ? Since the 54crit + 3% crit dmg is ofc the best statwise but it requires more blue gems than red gems which while hit capped can really gimp ur dps alot ... and seeing the gear we're gonna be choosing the hit will come from gear eventually... So i was tending towards the mastery / minor speed increase meta. Any thoughts that might help me choose?
    thanks in advance,
    Cheers
    Zoulis
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2011-01-04 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Typo's

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently using the Mastery/Run Speed as a place holder untill they revert the requirements for the Chaotic

ty for the answer mate yeh i think i'm gonna do the same...btw does the minor run speed stack with Ancestral Swiftness?
    Cheers
    Zoulis

Pretty sure it doesnt stack, since the boot enchants dont stack, but i may be wrong.

The meta does not stack with anything else, so if you have Ancestral Swiftness (as you should have) you should run at 15% inscreased speed.

If you don't want to use +54 Mastery Rating and Minor Run Speed Increase you can use either +54 Intellect and 2% Reduced Threat or +54 Intellect and +2% Maximum Mana

Edit: Woah, I have been thinking he was elemental >_< My meta suggestions are useless if he is enhancement...
    Last edited by BurningStick; 2011-01-05 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

I'm Also using the Mastery/Speed, Think its the best after 54crit + 3%crit.
    but It doesn't stacks with Ancestral swiftness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoulis View Post
    Taking into account the gem requirements for each meta what would be the best choice ? Since the 54crit + 3% crit dmg is ofc the best statwise but it requires more blue gems than red gems which while hit capped can really gimp ur dps alot ... and seeing the gear we're gonna be choosing the hit will come from gear eventually... So i was tending towards the mastery / minor speed increase meta. Any thoughts that might help me choose?
    thanks in advance,
    Cheers
    Zoulis
    Having hit over the melee special hit cap does not gimp your dps at all.
    You will still be under spell hit cap, which you want to reach (1762 or something)
    It will also boosts your white hits

According to EJ, hit rating is your best stat untill spell hit capped.

Getting 54crit + 3% meta is an easy to meet requirement.

i'm talking about spell hit cap when i'm talking about hit cap generally:P i already am caped with spells :P
    By ty for trying
    Cheers
    Zoulis

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Having hit over the melee special hit cap does not gimp your dps at all.
    You will still be under spell hit cap, which you want to reach (1762 or something)
    It will also boosts your white hits

According to EJ, hit rating is your best stat untill spell hit capped.

Getting 54crit + 3% meta is an easy to meet requirement.
    Actually I do believe that thread hasnt been updated to reflect that in some cases, going after the spell hit cap may not be the best bet. However, do not take my word for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far i'm aware agility is the best stat, followed by hit untill spell hit cap, then mastery, then crit and at very last haste.

For that reason you reforge to hit and don't gem for hit but agility.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Actually I do believe that thread hasnt been updated to reflect that in some cases, going after the spell hit cap may not be the best bet. However, do not take my word for it.
    Going spell hit cap is very important. Not only do a good chunk of our spells rely on spell hit (some people forget about Static Shock - Flametounge) but also many bosses require spell interupts, and missing one of them can be devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    Going spell hit cap is very important. Not only do a good chunk of our spells rely on spell hit (some people forget about Static Shock - Flametounge) but also many bosses require spell interupts, and missing one of them can be devastating.
    this. if you are on interrupt duty and you miss because you aren't spell hit capped your raid isn't gonna be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So far i'm aware agility is the best stat, followed by hit untill spell hit cap, then mastery, then crit and at very last haste.

For that reason you reforge to hit and don't gem for hit but agility.
    you forgot about Expertise!

To be more precise, I think our stat priority is Hit (8%) > Expertise (25 imo, but 26) > Agility > Hit (17%) > Mastery > Crit > Haste. But yeah, if you're supposed to interrupt, you should prioritize getting 17%.