install a 25 player gaming suite
    invite the guild round for a raid party
    ????
    profit

Invest it and live off the royalties. ^.^

15+ Year Old Account
    Pay off my parents, two aunt & uncles', and girlfriends parents houses
    Pay off the rest of my GF's loans
    Buy my parents an RV (something I told them I'd do when I was like 5) just for laughs
    Buy myself two cars, one an m3 sedan or m5, the other some sort of awd, a built Lancer Evo IX maybe
    Buy my GF's parents and my GF a car if they want them
    Keep ~$100,000 in my bank account
    If there's good deal on waterfront property, invest in that.
    Whatever I don't invest, put in the bank. Sadly, waterfront property has a lot higher return than the bank though
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

- First off quit my job
    - Move to a nicer apartment
    - Buy a ridicu-crazy gaming set -up. Like completely obscene.
    - Give away a mil to my parents.
    - Buy gifts for the rest of my family
    - Invest in Property
    - Invest in a Business
    - Start a Guild with the intention of becoming world no.1 (all sponsorship and endorsements supplied by myself and my business enterprise - the one I invested in)
    - Buy some new guitars
    - Buy a new Drum Kit
    - Buy new gaming set-ups for all my friends
    - Buy all my friends new Instruments (I'm a musician and most of my friends are)
    - Donate to various animal conservation organisations

- Dump the rest in a high interest account and live in comfort for the rest of my life.

Deleted
    i wuld make my own super serious studio (lol)
    buy me a pc, get me my car and license and the n just live life =)

putting away around 5/6 mill to live of the interest
    1/2 mill on a house
    Bugatti Veyron
    spending the rest on luxury

Quote Originally Posted by wyldeice View Post
    Everyone seems to be forgetting the wonders of TAX, I would pay my $5M to the government first and then worry about what to buy myself:

1. Pay off student loans(only debt)
    2. Replace my 10 year old truck
    3. Buy a house for my wife and I
    4. Take about 100,000 for misc(computer, gifts, etc)
    5. Invest the rest or buy a stake in the company I work for (small software company)
    i can only speak how it work for sweden but i think most contries have it the same way if you win the jackpot in say lottery that is random pot luck and there is no tax for you but if you win it by anwsering a question like what is 1+1? then you pay the tax as if you had worked to get that money

I'd blow it all on hats!!

on a serious note, pretty much what others have already said, invest, pay off other stuff. Really make my Blazer the wheeler she can be.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

With that much cash id put half in the bank. Then buy a car, house, AMAZING Computer. Pay off my loans my parents can do it on their own :P. Then quit my minimum wage job and live comfortably for the rest of my life. OH And I cant forget the monocle

Donate all my money to Greenpeace. :>

15+ Year Old Account
    What currency are we talking? If USD:

Pay my mom's, my grandma's, my fiancé's and my own mortgage off so we would never have to worry about that shit again.

Then I'd buy a really nice house for my fiancé and me, and get married, giving my fiancé the car he wish for, also a bike for him.
    I'd buy my grandma the farm she always wanted, my mom a bigger apartment with a garden, a car for my mom, anything my sister would wish for and make sure that they didn't need anything in their lifes. Also, give my best friend some money so he could get his own place.

I'd buy my whole family a trip to somewhere warm for a month, and give money to charity (animals and homeless people), hire a personal trainer, get my own gym, buy clothes and well, relax, cause after being too poor to even know if there's money the last 2 weeks of the month my entire life, I'd say I'd deserve to be happy and relaxed.

Edit: Almost forgot, take driving lessons, buy myself a nice Audi so I would never have to go with bus or train again.
    Last edited by Nørf; 2011-01-06 at 04:08 PM.

If we're assuming that we are actually receiving $10M in cash, up front, with no taxes or "pay over time" strings attached, the breakdown would probably look like this:

$1.5M - Feeding the mouths who fed mine:
    ---$700K: Buy a new home for my parents in South Carolina
    ---$200K: Given to my parents to spend as they please
    ---$600K: Set aside in a medical fund for my mother, who was recently diagnosed with degenerative bone disease

$1.5M - Spreading the joy:
    ---$800K: Buy housing in the Midwest for myself, my two brothers, and my sister.
    ---$200K: Set aside as a travel fund for my parents and siblings (since the parents will be down in SC ;D)
    ---$100K: Pay off my student loans and my brother's student loans, and pay for him to finish his ATC training/certification
    ---$100K: Set aside as a college fund for my youngest brother and sister
    ---$100K: Split amongst my siblings to spend as they please
    ---$100K: Split amongst a handful of my closest friends, to spend as they please
    ---$100K: Split amongst my extended family, to spend as they please

$1.5M - Giving back
    ---$500K: Invested into clean energy research
    ---$400K: Donated to Riley Children's Hospital
    ---$250K: Donated to the local homeless care and reintegration outreach near my workplace
    ---$100K: Donated to the high school I attended
    ---$100K: Split amongst my most influential teachers at the aforementioned school
    ---$100K: Donated to the church I attended as a child
    ---$50K: Donated to a local animal shelter

$5.5M - Playing smart
    ---1.5%: Paid to a financial advisor, so he/she can tell me how to not screw up the remaining...
    ---98.5%: Live well for the rest of my life, providing for myself, my family, and the people I love.

In a more realistic scenario, where the $10M was taxed and paid over time, I would probably use it to get into real estate, and go from there.
    Last edited by fex; 2011-01-06 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would buy hundreds of acres of land near a nice clean body of water, build a bunch of buildings that are completely off the grid (Solar, wind power etc), and have all of my friends and family move into said land so that we never have to work. (There of course would be internet )

Food would either be hunted, fished or raised, and there would be massive gardens.

The fact that hunter gatherers had to work an average of 2-3 hours a day for food and had the rest in leasure time is the only way to live. There is no reason why we can't live almost the same way but with a modern twist.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pay for my education, start working for Blizzard and make even more (un)balance! move to the UK, have tea and scones for breakfast, and drive to work in a custom mini cooper. Make my not to big house zombie//apocalypse proof and settle down. oh yeah... a Private jet

If I won £10,000,000,
    first off, Bank enough so that I can live off the interest.
    Then invest some money in my mates filming endeavours, with the hopes that he turns out to be a decent film maker.
    After that, I'd probably quit my job, after they find a replacement, I don't hate my work and I wouldn't want to see them struggle just because I lucked out
    Pay off my mortgage, buy a better house and rent my current one out (or fully modernise it and sell it)
    I don't drive, so I'd probably either learn to drive, or get a driver. If I bought a car it'd probably be a Mazda RX8, just so I can say "Wankle engine".
    I'd also learn to fly and buy a Cessna 182. Wanna race your Bugatti against that Saix?

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it all away to better causes than myself.

No, really.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Deleted
    Pay my parents loan and bills.
    Buy a new car and a house.

10+ Year Old Account
    First I would call my lawyer, then financial adviser. If it was the lottery I would make sure that my name was not made public then I would set up a trust for my parents and siblings so they would not have to pay taxes on the money that I gift them. I would take about a 6 month vacation to get away from town so the hysteria of someone winning 10Million dollars dies down. Then when I get back: Buy me some land, build a house, and buy the computer shop I manage and set it up they way I see fit. I would make sure that both my tithes and charitable givings are taken care of and then invest at least a million in gold and precious metals. Then live off the interest of the rest as I travel the country.

with 10 mill I would:

Take 5 million and hire a stock advisor to invest my 5 million into smart, mild-risk ventures.

Use the remaining 5 million to:
    quit my job
    buy a middle class home in the country.
    buy a few rifles
    buy a nice 2011 Camaro
    build a steel-reinforced underground bunker beneath my home
    marry a good hearted blonde girl
    live a middle-class, comfortable life