Thread: Staff infection

Staff infection

Il keep this brief, as a caster i love staffs. i think they look better the one hand/ off hand. I love the huge state numbers on them. And now with 525 archeology i was wondering i should farm for the epic staff? right now, im using a 346 dagger and 346 JP off hand witch is nice.

But the big issue im facing is, is it even worth getting staffs at all with the new 100 int enchant to off hands? i mean i looked and did the math, my one hand/ off- hand will have close to 50 more int then having the epic staff because of the enchant.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not worth it. Unless the staff enchant is like 300sp more than the MH/OH combination then it will always be better to MH/OH (and it shouldn't be, they are harder to get).

I agree with the looks, Ulduar staves were badass. However, as a dps caster you simply cannot afford the dps loss from a staff.

---------- Post added 2011-01-06 at 11:44 AM ----------

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=56271;56441:56306

Add 100 int to the MHOH combo since it won't recognize the enchant right now.
    8 Stam, 4 hit, 202 Haste, 3 sp VS 95 Int, 189 Crit
    No brainer IMO.

R.I.P. YARG

MH/OH > Staff

epic staff>blue 1hand+blue offhand.
    epic staff>blue 1hand+epic offhand.
    epic staff<epic 1hand+blue offhand.
    epic staff<epic 1hand+epic offhand.
    u need like. 7more ilvl for staff to be>1hand+offhand. (7ilvlvs is around 100sp on a weapon)

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    epic staff>blue 1hand+blue offhand.
    epic staff>blue 1hand+epic offhand.
    Depends on the stats on the staff and the stats and ilvl of those blues. Just because it's an epic staff doesn't mean it just automatically trumps blue gear.

the +100 int off hand enchant just makes it so staves can't compete, it makes me sad

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...23:48945;62458

MH/OH will always be better if its compared with the same tier/ilvl. If the staff is one tier above it might be better than a MH/OH thats ilvl is lower.

I used gnomish thinking cap in the MH/OH comparison because the wowhead item comparison tool doesn't allow you to enchant the OH with 100 int yet. just ignore the yellow sockets. = P

also remember that the top end enchants most likely will be the same enchant wether its a staff or MH weapon. (i.e. not a higher sp enchant to staff vs MH; like in Wrath)
    Last edited by Vicieus; 2011-01-06 at 08:09 PM.