Demo Lock vs Holy/Shadow Priest in PVP

So tonight I was wandering around Outlands doing some archaeology when a lvl 60 whispered me and asked me to help with capturing the towers in Hellfire Peninsula. So I said "okay" and didn't change from my dungeon spec (I like destruction for pve, demo for pvp), didn't put on any PVP gear because I thought it wouldn't be a problem. I get there and there's a lvl 85 holy priest ganking all the lower levels, so I just fly down and before I can switch specs and get into my gear - he fears, casts, and in a while I'm dead. So I pop back up and switch to demo, put on my pvp gear and go to face him again. I get him down to 2k health and he sprints (engineering) away and is gone. Low on health, low on mana and I'm still at full health and full mana.

He comes back and repeats this 3-4 times and once comes back as shadow spec. I destroyed him in his shadow spec. I queue for a dungeon with my friends and I'm gone. Suddenly, in H SFK, I get a whisper from him - he made an alliance toon just to tell me that I'm horrible as a lock. The only way I won was because I'm a lock and I'm carried by my class (nerd rage). Says a whole lot of other stuff too, but I'm not really paying attention til I tell him to go and QQ on the forums and leave me alone /ignore.

If he dispersed, I would have my felguard knock him back, put up dots, HoG. I did a few fake casts and caught him off guard. I did what I would ordinarily do in any PVP situation versus that class. Pulled out my felhunter during a fight by accident, but still had no problems. But when he whispers me, he tells me - "I'm in full PVP gear and you're a nothing beating me in PVE gear. You're carried by your class and the only class you'll ever beat is priest .. for now."

So I got to thinking - is that true? Or was he just a really bad priest? I look him up on WoW armory and he leads pre-mades (horde) and has 88k kills. I, myself, only have 15k kills and I am on a PVE server, but I do arena every now and then - it's just not my thing. Each of our fights lasted about 5 minutes. It was hard work because a lot of my dots didn't do much damage, my demon did.

My question(s) are:
    1. Is it bad to spam fear, dot up, and let your demon do the rest? Are using those class mechanics deemed "lazy" or do you think that means lazy?
    2. How would you have fought a shadow priest/holy priest? (Demon, spec, etc.)

dont worry.
    everytime i 1v1 people when im demo they just decline duel me and say ''faceroll spec'' or ''noskill spec''
    even when i do lose, people will still say faceroll spec.
    demo is bad for arena and rated bgs, its just a very good spec for 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    dont worry.
    everytime i 1v1 people when im demo they just decline duel me and say ''faceroll spec'' or ''noskill spec''
    even when i do lose, people will still say faceroll spec.
    demo is bad for arena and rated bgs, its just a very good spec for 1v1.
    I prefer demo in 1v1. For arena.. I bounce back and forth depending on the arena (2v2, 3v3, 5v5). I didn't really ever have fun as an affliction warlock when WOTLK came out, so I haven't played with it as much.
    Last edited by MoarDots; 2011-01-08 at 06:17 AM. Reason: typo

He is just mad he couldn't do anything to you. If he is in full pve gear trying to fight a full pvp geared demo lock, he is a tard anyway. Use what blizz gave you, dot them up let your demon pound on them and make'm run lapse is the warlock way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    Use what blizz gave you, dot them up let your demon pound on them and make'm run lapse is the warlock way.
    That's how I'm feeling. I think everyone does have a different playstyle that will end up working for them. But I don't think spamming fear, dotting, and letting your demons run loose on them is considered "lazy" either. I guess I was really wondering because I see so many posts that priests are gimped in PVP atm. But my priest is lvl 74 and I haven't played her in forever - so I don't really know if it's really gimped class or just a derp player.