Poll: Transmutation Masters keeping procs?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Question Transmutation Masters keeping procs?

Like the title says...I recently came across a problem with a trans alch keeping my procs.

I tipped him a fair amount for transmuting 5 Shadowspirit diamonds (needed them to finish leveling JC)

Do you think it was ok for him (or any person for that matter) to keep their procs?

Keep in mind that Shadowspirit diamonds have no CD (true gold does).

What do you guys think?

No I don't think it's right. But, did you specifically ask/state that you wanted to keep the procs? and were you in his group when he transmuted?

Deleted
    they shuld't give the proc's id say

I personally think if you got what you paid for, you have nothing to be upset about.

Deleted
    Imo it's the customers, why else would you go trough the trouble of finding a transmute master? that's what I'm paying for when I go to one, the chance of a proc, but I do that, I pay them more than a reg alchemist, and if something drops they get something extra.

Really kind of depends. Did you ask in trade specifically for a transmute alch? Then he has no place taking procs, unless he informed ya.

Unless stated before hand that the person wants to procs i say you keep your procs. This is coming from an engineer/miner

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeker View Post
    No I don't think it's right. But, did you specifically ask/state that you wanted to keep the procs? and were you in his group when he transmuted?

I have been tipping trans alchs since WOTLK, I thought it was a known rule...but I guess it's Cata and things are expensive, so I see where hes coming from.

1) We were in a group.
    2) I mentioned it while he was transmuting (before a proc happened)

The problem passed, I am just bored at work so I thought I could start a poll

Personally as a transmute spec alchemist, I dont keep procs. The fact is in most cases someone came looking for a transmute spec alchemist in hopes of getting a proc. They aren't my mats so why would I keep the proc.

On the flip side I would recommend tipping a little more to someone who procs for you. If you get a 5 proc on the Shadow spirit diamonds, give him some more gold. And for things on cool down like truegold I do negotiate in advance for proc's so there is no confusion. 200g for transmute is pretty common with an extra 100g for each additional proc. They are still selling on my server for 1500-2000g, so tipping an extra 100, to make 1400-1900g isnt so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinizine View Post
    Really kind of depends. Did you ask in trade specifically for a transmute alch? Then he has no place taking procs, unless he informed ya.

Waited 2 hours to find a trans alch ;D
    (finally leveled my own trans alch, PROCS NOM NOM)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would expect things to be clear if you are hiring someone for a service.

I give all my procs (potion master) to my guildies. I've seen in trade someone saying:" X amount for Trugold trans, I keep procs or X amount you get any procs." I thought that was a good idea. As this issue has been around since BC - buyer beware?

First things first, any alch gets 2 shadowspirit diamonds for each "transmute" the extra proc would be x3 and up.
    If you didnt get 2 for each transmute you got ripped of BADLY.

Second, if the alchemist is a transmuter he could keep the procs if he desires so. Do you want the extra procs? that's fine, but you pay the alchemist more.

Let's for example take Truegold

Cooldown is 200g no procs.
    If it procs you pay per bar. 2x proc = 600g 3x proc = 900 4x = 1200 5x = 1500.

Did you talked about procs before the deal ?
    Did you specifically asked for a transmut master ?

Lesson learned, be specific on what you want.

Deleted
    Should be alright if he says so first, else it's no better than ninjaing.

Deleted
    IMO, the procs belong to the alchemist. He has gone through the trouble to get the transmutation mastery and if something does proc, it's not like you lose anything

Unless you are paying him for the procs and a deal was struck beforehand, then they are his. (And I mean paying him well below ah, but make it clear beforehand). You paid him for 5 shadowspriit diamonds, you got 5 shadowspirit diamonds.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

All deals above the norm should be made before the transaction takes place. No one should assume to know what they other person is thinking. No one should assume that one rule follows everyone.

If in doubt ask. That way you as the buyer/seller are always protected. If you do not like the way the deal is arranged you do not have to partake in it.

IF it is not mentioned in the initial deal the proc stays with the creator.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    Personally as a transmute spec alchemist, I dont keep procs. The fact is in most cases someone came looking for a transmute spec alchemist in hopes of getting a proc. They aren't my mats so why would I keep the proc.

On the flip side I would recommend tipping a little more to someone who procs for you. If you get a 5 proc on the Shadow spirit diamonds, give him some more gold. And for things on cool down like truegold I do negotiate in advance for proc's so there is no confusion. 200g for transmute is pretty common with an extra 100g for each additional proc. They are still selling on my server for 1500-2000g, so tipping an extra 100, to make 1400-1900g isnt so bad.
    Thats what I do. Anything with the day CD someone should be tipped at least 100g per extra proc. The Diamonds its a give or take for their is no CD.

I personally at the moment charge 250 ish gold per truegold transmute. I state beforehand that IF IT PROCS, I will sell them to the person buying my transmute for HALF PRICE OF THE AUCTION HOUSE. This to me is a completely reasonable and fair rate, as we are both gaining value relatively the same value to the item. If the person doesn't want to pay that rate, i keep all procs. This is my system, and you can gladly refuse my service.