Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Your first month of Cataclysm?

Hey there

So today is a month since Cataclysm got released (Great math i know)

What i wanna know is, how have your first month of Cataclysm been? Have you enjoyed it? Been QQ´ing a lot? Maybe boring?

For me it have been exciting to lvl in the new continent - specially Vashir and Deepholm while i thought that the rest of the zones were a bit "Meh"

I hitted 85 after 3-4 days with my Shaman and then i began the gearing up by doing normal dungeons and get rep with faction
    My QQ began when i first began to heal. Man i felt that it was really hard and i couldnt keep my groups up because of mana problems. I was happy to see that i was not the only one with these problems, so i began to read up on how to heal in cataclysm.
    HC dungeons didnt make it easier at all. Acturally i got to a point where i thought that healing wasnt my thing anymore. Luckely i kept going and slowly learned how to heal and now im having good fun with it.

Atm im looking for a raiding guild since im raiding hungry, but havnt got any luck yet sadly, so while im waiting im lvling a Tauren Paladin to explore the new old world which is really fun.

So how have your first month been?

Deleted
    I loved it. Maybe I got bored a bit already too though.

I was healing hc's the second day of the expansion. Not easy, but very rewarding to complete them all in a few days.

After more and more ppl (wrathbabies? :-/) hit 85 those pugs became terrible unfortunately. So now I just heal an occassional guild run, while preparing for raids. Leveled an alt to 85, some already have 4 or 5 at max level, which I think is kinda sick tbh. Maxed all the professions, grinding for some archeology stuff. Which is basically what Blizzard came up with for ppl who thought fishing was way too exciting and fastpaced.

So yea, having fun doing dailies, hanging out, while not feeling forced to spend every day online to grind for justice points. Being capped in a few days with nothing to buy kinda sucks though :-/

Deleted
    Raids are great, every boss feels as a new lich king. great mechs, lots of new styles in the figths aswell. Questing was okay. The daily farm is small, the flasks is a bit on the high side.

Deleted
    Bumping

Deleted
    So far:

Got my goblin to 60
    Got my worgen to 25
    Dinged 85 as my druid
    Dinged 85 as my warlock

I've been playing WoW since the beggining, but started real raiding at WotLK. For me it was just disappointing. Easy bosses, no interesting tactics... Only Ulduar was a really enjoyable raid for me. Now all raids are just awesome and you cant just pwn them with pug of heroic-geared guys. Thats how i like it. 1st month of cata gets 10/10

Fine, started healing for the first time since TBC, so its a totaly new experiance for me

Deleted
    10/10 so far for me

Deleted
    i have used the time to spent a lot of gold around 120k on gear proff lvling and on the vial of sand mount ofc have also been runing a lot of dungens and did start raid so yeah i like cata but yeah i need to QQ abput the wait time as dps for a random hc that is just doll

Leveled my main ( mage ) to 85 in the first week. Then school hit me hard, had lots and lots of homework over christmas, so since then I am only doing the occasional random heroic and daily quests. Also started a worgen druid, lvl 20 atm, she is realy fun to play.

Sofar, I enjoy cata. Going realy casual keeps heroics hard for now, which I like. The dailies dont feel like as much of a grind as in other expansions. Reputation is not that hard to get. Even though I went very casual, I am allready in more 346 than 333 items. So IMO cata is pretty balanced ( except tol barad and some classes in PvP atm ^^)
    Ecce homo ergo elk

To me, it's just been like another expansion changes and a gear wipe everyone starts new. I have gotten a bit bored with it though, I moved out of old house and into a new one so I haven't been on for a few days and noticed half of my guild left so I doubt i'm coming back.

I love it. I just got back from a 10 day trip to Florida also so the craving has been reborn for sure (I missed 10 days of dragonmaw dailies! ARGH!)

I'm enjoying it so far...

DK to 85
    Shammy to 84
    Worgen to 30

Running 5-mans with friends, so it's nice and relaxed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far it's good. Although waiting for the guild to gear out 25 people to start raiding was getting a little bored. Plus the daily grind is blah. Almost done with Therazane rep though(thank god). My only complaint is TB pvp, it needs to be fixed. Other then that the new zones are sweet, loved the questing and storylines, 5 mans are great, and the new raid content is very fun. I love how they did new things to keep it interesting. Raiding as a rogue I normally just have to focus on maxxing out dps on fights, but now on fightst like Magmaw where I have to jump up and chain him to the ground, are just fun. Can't wait to get through the rest of the new raid content.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    Best month of wow I've ever had.

been good, ive lv'ed four of my 80s to 85 instead of lv'ing only one in Wrath...

ive also used up all my character slot

10+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed it so far - run into a few issues with the new raids and "retard checks" in fights, where people just can't move fast enough or fail to move out of fire (or breath), which has slowed progress and frustrated some of us, but all in all a pretty rewarding xpac so far. Glad they upped the difficulty again and are forcing people to really learn the fights and improve their gameplay to progress. Working on leveling my DK to 85 now (main = mage), then probably my shaman and then hunter or pally. Probably do my priest last, although with the buffs in the next patch I might re-organize the leveling order.

-85 rogue in average ilvl of 350, began raiding on this char
    -85 dk
    -85 priest
    -525 mining/herb/jc/eng/alch/ench
    -exalted reps in every faction on my rogue
    -made around 100kg over the course of the month
    -3x loremaster of cataclysm

now just focusing on gearing my rogue better for raiding and trying to decide which char i'd rather work on next dk or priest...

Since the Cata release I have leveled a goblin priest to 69, a goblin shaman to 68, and a worgen hunter to 31. It's been good, I'm just ready to get my shaman especially to 85. As far as my previous 80s, I have barely even touched them.

Having two jobs and going through a process of moving has very much hindered my game-time or I'd have done more.

I'm loving it. At the end of WotLK I got so bored I was leveling alts and I was actually pretty close to having a max level of every class...and I don't know what I would do with myself when that happens. Aside from gearing up my main leveling is one of my favorite things.

With the release of cata there is so much to do on my main character that I haven't really leveled all that much but it's still great. :-)