Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seen alot of healers quit a group in silent shame because they cant even heal unavoidable damage. Tanks that let adds run past them to the healers and dont bother about it. A self righteous attitude does nothing for you. To add Ive seen 2 dps finish off a boss with both the tank and healer dead to their own stupidity.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they keep doing it over and over again... tanks face pulling like it's wrath, retarded dps standing in bad shit... I will indeed do just that. Let them die.
    It's not worth my mana trying to keep incompetent DPS up as a healer. I'd rather 3 man it than have to keep the retards up. Yeah, it's going to take longer to down but at least I know those 3 won't be dying and my mana bar is going to be full at the end of it.

So many people get mad at healers like... WTF, NOOB WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL ME, OR tank like WTF NOOB WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL ME, WHY YOU GOTTA DRINK AT THE END OF EACH PULL.

Gee maybe it's cause you never heard of a word called CC before you face pull, or maybe cause you terrible DPS can't move from fire. That's a thought. It's not the game play that's hard it's the retards around me making it hard.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play mostly Heals and Tanks with a few DPS and I must say I have no idea how a DPS could think their job is half as hard as the Tank or the Healers, Hit buttons 1-5 don't stand in bad shit, interrupt some times. Yeah you can tell DPS takes a lot of split second thought and reaction times. If you miss your rotation or hit the wrong spell it could wipe the whole raid! /Sarcasm

I love heals because it keeps me on my toes, especially in BC and Cata, split second reactions determine who gets what heal/despell. Should you despell or should you heal through it? Does that need a hot or a small quick heal? Do you let the tanks health keep dropping to save the DPS? Or do you not chance the risk? The rotation isn't static by any means and there is a plethora of spell activated self buffs that take a whole nother level of though and reactions it even goes as far as to say who lives and who dies when shit hits the fan and you know you can't keep everybody up. Healing is fun because it about reaction time and choices.

Deleted
    But "Let them die" is a valuable tactic for mana management. with glyphs for 100% rebirth this is a 100K+ heal for 0 mana in critic situations.

Deleted
    Ill heal them once or Twice, BUT! if They are Still Rolling thier face over thier Macrobash keyboard while spaming thier Razor"AMG"naga Mouse till it turns into a platic poodle on thier Mat And still FAIL to MOVE From the Ring of Fire under themselve then god damit they deserve to Die and Guess what

I FU*#@* LOVE IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Seen alot of healers quit a group in silent shame because they cant even heal unavoidable damage. Tanks that let adds run past them to the healers and dont bother about it. A self righteous attitude does nothing for you.
    Can't count the amount of healers who have either silently dropped or flamed the hell out of the group then dropped during the Omega Stance on that boss in HoO because they are convinced it's avoidable damage. Same goes for the 2nd boss in Grim Batol. Sorry buddy, I'm a clothy, I will take a lot of damage during the shield phase because of the arrows. You can nerdrage all you want, but once I use my Iceblock and blow an evocate for 10 or 20% of my health (stupid interrupting channeling) you've gotta do your job.

@Koobs. Try being a bear or healer and interrupting that Blast on Naz'jar in H ToT every time. Tell me how that goes. My role does decide if we wipe or not on fights like that. Same goes for SFK boss. Stop being self-righteous.

All I and many other DPS ask is that you healers/tanks realize we have important roles. If we fuck up and miss an interrupt or stand in something bad, call us on it. Don't go into douche mode and just start setting up situations where you can have us killed. DO realize there are times we are going to take damage and that we expect you to do your job. If you're a tank who insists on not marking, don't get pissy when one of us pulls aggro; it's your fault for thinking you are amazing and can hold aggro on 5 mobs when we don't know which target you are actually preferring. If we stand in fire, tell us but heal us. If we continue to stand in fire, then yea, we don't deserve to live.

It's supposed to be teamwork, if I am making your job hard let me know what's making it harder. If I disregard your advice, then go ahead and let me die; I'm there to get shit done, not to make it as painful and hard as possible. But we expect the same respect. If I ask you to mark so I know what the kill order is, don't get mad at me. It takes 5 seconds to do that and it makes it ten times easier on all of us. If I tell a healer I'm taking unavoidable damage, don't instantly call me a bad and not heal me. 9 out of 10 times I'm not lying to you just to intentionally make you work harder. If everyone can actually get along it's much easier or more fun for everyone.
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2011-01-07 at 07:19 PM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    You're joking right? I'm always watching where everyone is positioned as well. If an add is charging at you (which 90% of healers never see and end up getting rocked) I'm right there with a Freeze to keep them away from you. And this is Cata, I don't think there are more than a handful of fights where I get to stand still for 90% of the time. I also will blow my Evocate for health instead of mana a lot of times just to give you some breathing room. So...I do everything in my power to keep you alive, including using CDs that are important to my DPS (wasting Deep Freeze to freeze an add instead of hitting the boss), I have to move just as much as you do (usually more actually), and I have to do all of this while maximizing my damage so we can down the boss before you run out of mana. Yea, your job is SO much harder.
    Then you're good at what you do. I'm glad for it.

But my point isn't that you never have to do anything. Sorry if my statements didn't reflect that.
    The point I am trying to make is that DPS can more easily get away with being bad/being ignorant/slacking off than a healer or a tank can.

This fact alone should suggest to you that more is involved with healing and tanking than with DPS, on a basic level.
    A player like you who is competent and attentive isn't an issue but does tend to be a rarity in PUGs.

True, GOOD DPS do a lot of useful things other than DPS. But you can still get by by not doing many of those things. I can't slack in my job and expect to beat the encounter.

In light of this overwhelming superiority complex healers have. I vow to no longer attempt to save any of them if they get aggro. That elemental headed for you wont be banished, I need to mash my BOMB button. I will not shadowfury rogue adds for the tank or fear strays. See how this works out, should be alot easier. Not to mention I will save singe magic for me only. loooooool
    Last edited by Nexxia; 2011-01-07 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhorne View Post
    But it makes me feel better when they die. The lesson may be lost on them, but I feel warm and fuzzy as I squat on their face.
    This!!
    filler

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Can't count the amount of healers who have either silently dropped or flamed the hell out of the group then dropped during the Omega Stance on that boss in HoO because they are convinced it's avoidable damage. Same goes for the 2nd boss in Grim Batol. Sorry buddy, I'm a clothy, I will take a lot of damage during the shield phase because of the arrows. You can nerdrage all you want, but once I use my Iceblock and blow an evocate for 10 or 20% of my health (stupid interrupting channeling) you've gotta do your job.

@Koobs. Try being a bear or healer and interrupting that Blast on Naz'jar in H ToT every time. Tell me how that goes. My role does decide if we wipe or not on fights like that. Same goes for SFK boss. Stop being self-righteous.
    I can assure you it's probably the DPS fault. I've had issues healing that too, until I got into groups that actually knew wtf they were doing. It's amazing how easy it is.

Honestly i thinl letting them die is the best thing to do. If you let them live and you do the actions that you have staed, then chances are that person will think they are hotshit and treat the rest of the group like crap
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    TROLLS BE TROLLIN'

DPS dont have to manage mana, your right, healing is godly and near impossible. Looking at a grid/healbot screen and staying out of fires is very difficult alt shift control click is to much to manage. I dont have to watch anything or manage anything, can just stand in one spot and hit my BOMB button. Healing isnt as fun as blowing things up, thats why there are more dps, not because its more difficult. But, hey, you want to feel important or better go for it, its all in your head, not mine.
    Try it, then come back and relay your experiences. Until you know what you're talking about, don't spout off.

Let the whole group die and reque, idc. If you feel more leet after good for you. I dont need anything but orbs.

In light of this overwhelming superiority complex healers have. I vow to no longer attempt to save any of them if they get aggro. That elemental headed for you wont be banished, I need to mash my BOMB button.
    How is getting frustrated with bad players who CBA to do anything to help themselves stay alive equal to having a superiority complex?
    Having a more complex job doesn't make me a better player than you. It just means I have a more complex job.
    Like a poster mentioned earlier, there are tons of things that a good DPSer can do but he can get away without doing them. That makes the difference between good and mediocre players.

I don't understand why you seem so upset Nex. You sound like you're not the type of player that stands in fire or hurps and derps in bad stuff while your healer frantically tries to keep you alive.
    You sound like you know how to play your class so I doubt very much that anyone is letting you die for being bad.

Which begs the question, why does me being frustrated make you so frustrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Lansow View Post
    Try it, then come back and relay your experiences. Until you know what you're talking about, don't spout off.
    I have done it. Healed BT Hyjal SSC etc. Healer still 70 with t6 and ZA gear. Just lost that healing feeling.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 07:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2011-01-07 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    How is getting frustrated with bad players who CBA to do anything to help themselves stay alive equal to having a superiority complex?
    Having a more complex job doesn't make me a better player than you. It just means I have a more complex job.
    Like a poster mentioned earlier, there are tons of things that a good DPSer can do but he can get away without doing them. That makes the difference between good and mediocre players.

I don't understand why you seem so upset Nex. You sound like you're not the type of player that stands in fire or hurps and derps in bad stuff while your healer frantically tries to keep you alive.
    You sound like you know how to play your class so I doubt very much that anyone is letting you die for being bad.

Which begs the question, why does me being frustrated make you so frustrated?
    Too much caffiene. lol Playing devils advocate.
    Last edited by Nexxia; 2011-01-07 at 07:22 PM.

I havent healed cata heroics, but believe it or not Ive seen wipes (at like 2%) because the dps runs out of mana. An amazing fact.
    Dps classes have been designed that when managed properly, mana should not be an issue. Also, if all 3 of your dps are casters, and all 3 ran out of mana, then all 3 of your dps sucked. The only way to run out of mana as a dps is if the fight lasts far too long AND the dps do a poor job of managing mana. Get hit capped, hint: cap is much lower for heroics than raids. Don't be in greens cheating the ilvl requirement. Know your class and rotations. Know how to push the buttons that give mana back. It's not rocket science. Also, unless it's an enrage, it's totally possible to finish off the last 2% with just a tank and healer. It's totally possible to finish off the whole damn fight with just a tank and (editops, meant healer) dps with the exception of a handful of fights. Mana is only something to worry about for dps if they don't worry about it at all.

edit: if the healer was oom as well at the end, learn to take less damage. The vast majority of damage going out in heroics is 100% avoidable except on the tank. There's only a couple of bosses that do an actual unavoidable aoe. These aoe's also tend to be fairly light and easily healed through if the group did even a not terrible job at avoiding the avoidable stuff.
    Last edited by cococabana; 2011-01-07 at 07:32 PM.

In light of this overwhelming superiority complex healers have. I vow to no longer attempt to save any of them if they get aggro. That elemental headed for you wont be banished, I need to mash my BOMB button. I will not shadowfury rogue adds for the tank or fear strays. See how this works out, should be alot easier. Not to mention I will save singe magic for me only. loooooool
    I am sure when the healer dies, and the tank dies, and then you die, you will realise what an awesome idea this was.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by cococabana View Post
    Dps classes have been designed that when managed properly, mana should not be an issue. Also, if all 3 of your dps are casters, and all 3 ran out of mana, then all 3 of your dps sucked. The only way to run out of mana as a dps is if the fight lasts far too long AND the dps do a poor job of managing mana. Get hit capped, hint: cap is much lower for heroics than raids. Don't be in greens cheating the ilvl requirement. Know your class and rotations. Know how to push the buttons that give mana back. It's not rocket science. Also, unless it's an enrage, it's totally possible to finish off the last 2% with just a tank and healer. It's totally possible to finish off the whole damn fight with just a tank and dps with the exception of a handful of fights. Mana is only something to worry about for dps if they don't worry about it at all.
    Nice assumption now armory, Kalecgos Nexxia. My 6th alt.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have done it. Healed BT Hyjal SSC etc. Healer still 70 with t6 and ZA gear. Just lost that healing feeling.
    Have you even healed in cata yet? Like seriously? I think you're talking out your ass buddy. Nobody is claiming healing is OMGAMAZING hard. Although I honestly do feel like healing is the harder roll out of all rolls right now. The fact of the matter is DPS has much more of an easy job than healing BY far. I was just playing on my lock, how much more easy mode/relaxing it is compared to healing.

When as a DPS have you ever had to choose who may or may not die?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I am sure when the healer dies, and the tank dies, and then you die, you will realise what an awesome idea this was.
    He's saying this because people in the thread keep insisting we do nothing but button mash. He's simply stating that us as DPS save your ass just as much as you save ours.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.