Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Great things about this game is:

1- You could choose either to be a Villain (Team up with the joker, and other Villains have them as a mentor to give you quests etc.) or a Hero (Superman, batman, Wonderwoman)
    Its basically the "Horde and the Alliance" of the game.

2-- You can make your OWN SUPER HERO. Yes, your own, you can change his skin (Metal, Normal, Etc) - The way he moves (Flying, Superspeed= Makes you walk on walls, on roofs, on everything and its as fast as a light bulb. then you have Acrobats which makes you jump really high, hang on buildings etc.) - personality (Flirty, Serious, etc..)
    His SIZE (Giant, Normal, Tiny) Fat, skinny.

It is probably the best Customization for a game i have ever seen - you will never see someone look like you ever. infact, you can keep that look with you EVEN if you get gears - you have an option to keep your original badass look so people recognize you from your look."

Names: you could have SPACE in ur names, Like "Death Monster" or Something funny like "Haha Gotcha" you know.. "Creative names" which i suck at doing.

3- You have super powers to choose from, You can HEAL, DPS, Tank.
    Some of the super powers i will include is Fire, Ice, and nature.

Nature is the 'druid' of wow, you can have all three roles.

4- Cities look Real - think about Grand theft auto - you can see cars walking, accidents, gangs walking around, People going to jobs, and buildings that you can enter (Night clubs, Bank, Police station, etc.)

5- Raids and Dungeons
    Raids could take up to 8 super heroes or villains and dungeons - you can ACTUALLY notice how hard raids are - Monsters hit like truck; something that Hardcore gamers could look for.
    Not trying to bring ya down, but City of Heroes/Villains already had all these, and the game was fun for a little bit, but the endgame was severely lacking. If DC universe is to have any chance, it needs real endgame, good pvp, and rewarding raiding.

DC universe offers healers to actually damage mobs to heal players, or steal health from mobs instead of just
    I think Warhammer Online tried this

I know it's uncommon but HEAPS of people would still be running with machines that couldnt run DC Universe. The above average system requirements alone would be a turn off for many.

Deleted
    Meh, another one of these.
    We all know the answer, no point in arguing.

Deleted
    What's the point of this thread? If you like DC Universe, go play it. Nobody will miss you in WoW.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    If you were harvesting for 6 hours without banking you were just an idiot (an encumbered idiot actually), got nothing to do with MO requiring a lot of farming.
    I exaggerate for effect.

No, that game is horrible. and no, i didnt farm wood for 6 hours, but i know someone who farmed wood for 3 hours, pushed a player and had a guard summoned on him, kill him and the guy he pushed took all the wood.

The hit box is horribly small, u basically have to duck to hit a pig. The hit notification is aweful. u have no idea if u hit anything, cus it doesnt move in any way. It says in the chatbox if u hit someone though. And by the time u have killed a pig, your chat is overflowed with text saying "You hit pig [torso] for [3] damage"

Deleted
    (in response to the bold text in particular) see, what you've done there is assume that your own opinion affects the SUCCESS of an mmo. I didn't say quality, i said success. Saying that WoW is only more famous and popular because of advertising and marketing is, well, kind of obvious. Like any other mmo. DC universe, without relying on good marketing and PR, would be empty apart from a very small fanbase of dedicated subscribers. There simply will NOT be a 'wow killer' in the foreseeable future because, at the moment, blizzards player-base is already massive. And is still growing. The point is that, for an MMO to compete on any real level with WoW, the company must reach the same kind of popularity as blizzard, and have the resources to compete.

Also, you haven't taken an objective approach as to why this game is better. You're stating some features that you like, telling us that "it's so cool, you can MAKE YOUR OWN SUPERHERO!!". If that's what appeals to you personally, then fine. That doesn't mean it's automatically 'better'.

[edit] Incidentally, I'm not saying that the game is terrible. I think DC universe has quite a bit of potential, and may even try it out for a couple of months. But to suggest that it will bring down the most successful MMO of all time, along with one of the biggest and richest developers in history, is ridiculous
    Last edited by mmoc857446813f; 2011-01-08 at 02:08 AM.

I'm actually in the beta (should say was) for DC universe online and within the first few min i could tell its basically a console port and i busted out the xbox 360 controller, and dont even get me started on the current lack of powers to pick from i think there is like six, two for tanking two for "control" and two for healing. Each power set has a dps mode at first and then you unlock its alternate mode ex tanking healing or control later on at lvl 12 i think it currently is, the game is alright but you can solo just about everything at least everything that Ive come across that is, however the travel powers are bad ass running up the side of a building or upside down on the ceiling with super speed is really fun flight is alright i mean is just flight nothing really special and acrobatics is cool you move basically like batman.
    Last edited by MagicMan313; 2011-01-08 at 02:11 AM.
    They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mold them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    I exaggerate for effect.

No, that game is horrible. and no, i didnt farm wood for 6 hours, but i know someone who farmed wood for 3 hours, pushed a player and had a guard summoned on him, kill him and the guy he pushed took all the wood.
    Exactly, so he was an idiot

The game is pretty bad yes, but it doesn't really require a lot of farming to play, it's very very far down on the list at least.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    Exactly, so he was an idiot

The game is pretty bad yes, but it doesn't really require a lot of farming to play, it's very very far down on the list at least.
    but it does require alot of farming

No. I was SO psyched for that game. I played it for a long while, it SUCKS! Character custimization is awful. Like everyone has the same basic body and face. Also there is NOT any electricity. All my main heroes use electricity. The game play is to grindy and is really boring. The only upside is that Captain Marvel is in it. Hopefully TOR though, will bring the death of WoW. This game will not.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    "Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

The only good thing about it atm is the trailer, for the rest it looks pretty crappy and boring.

Also i got a feeling people want to make games look to much like wow, superhero tank healer and dps ?

raids ? battlegroups ?

good guy vs bad guys

nah seriously time some1 came up with something new.

Deleted
    Dc online will be dead within 6months, just like every other "WoW-killer".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played the beta, shit was mediocre at best. Requiring you to spam the fuck out of your keys to do a handful of abilities is not "action," it's just a fast track to carpal tunnel.

It's better than Champions, but it's sure as hell not WoW. I thought about playing it a bit on the side, but... nah.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aion, Vindictus, LOTRO, DC Universe, D&D Online and Warhammer, just a few of the so called "wow" killers. Look at what happened WoW is still pretty huge looking to me.
    In all honesty i have seen more advertisements for all of the above then i have for WoW.
    I have played them all and i still find WoW more enjoyable.
    The reason gear is replaced is so people constantly have something to do, and how would it work having the same exact junk the entire game?
    To me WoW will always be on top until Blizzard comes out with World of Starcraft.

nothing can kill wow.
    nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of over-simplifying, redundancy, hypocrisy, and just plain stupidity in the original post just made me want to Microwave my face off.

WoW is just watching bars go up and down? Yeah, sure, and Calculus is just simple arithmetic. You're so extremely critical of WoW yet this game is so fucking similar it's just laughable. And you're another one of those extremely ignorant people that think WoW costs nothing to run and the roughly $180,000,000.00 a month they turn from WoW is profit and not gross. You laugh when the most played MMORPG is called the king of MMORPG's? Yeah, that's a concept that is just so far out there it's laughable. You mock WoW for making you get gear every new season/raid, which would naturally lead one to assume that you would most prefer a game where there is no development and no reason to progress, hardly leaving a reason to play the game at all. We're being mind controlled by Blizzard and there is no difference between Epics and Rares besides text color? Have you ever even played WoW?

Jesus Christ, I hope to God and all that resides as Holy that you're trolling, because if someone can be so stupid to actually think and promote the things you wrote would officially lower my faith in humanity's ability to survive more than half a century from now. I don't care if I was just being stupid and got trolled, I would much prefer that alternative to knowing there are people this stupid out there.

And if the gene-pool has been dirtied to the point where someone with the intelligence level you're displaying if you are not trolling and sincerely believe what you typed, then please just leave and go play your stupid little game no one cares about. The WoW player-base is going nowhere.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Khrispy; 2011-01-08 at 02:56 AM.
    I AM FORSAKEN

Context is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "WOW THIS IS SO GAY!"

Realistically there are only two studio's with the pedigree, reputation and technical ability capable of making an MMO that will have an immediate impact on WoW. In order to do that the gameplay must be significantly different to that of WoW, because there is no incentive to leave WoW's immense amount of content without something new to draw them in.

Bioware (Buldurs Gate series, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, Dragonage, Mass Effect) seem to be taking this route with Star Wars:The Old Republic. I imagine this game will have some impact on WoW's subscribership, particularly to players who identify more with the Sci-Fi setting than the fantasy setting, but also with players looking for new gameplay. In particular SW:TOR seems to follow Bioware's history of story driven gameplay, something Blizzard has recently embraced with the new quest flow and numerous additions of cutscenes.

Bethesda (The Elder Scrolls series, Fallout series) has hinted in the past that it intends/is making an MMO but so far details have been sketchy. Any MMO looks to be some way off for them as the next major project they have announced is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Any productions from other companies will likely be viewed with skeptisism, and while they may be fantastic productions will struggle to get subscribers because they simply aren't associated with the same quality of games as Bioware, Bethesda and Blizzard.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed all good gaming companies start with a B? Conspiracy?

Deleted
    Disconnect Universe? Sounds like wow to me. ;p

No game will end wow and you know why? Because its balanced (shut up you rock paper scissors QQs), has loads of good content and it makes even the worst player feel like god. yeah? YEAH did you see how I killed that mob? I was like 1 2 2 3! maan you should have seen how I used those globals!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    lol if this kills WoW...

if something kills WoW it will be a fantasy MMO not some superhero game

even Aion looked far more interesting then this IMO

Deleted
    Every other week or so some flashy new MMO packed with all the bells and whistles and an ultra modern graphics engine comes along and people cry 'It's the end of WoW!!' but it hasn't even come close to happening yet and it's unlikely too for quite some time. As Totalbiscuit said recently, even the first Everquest is still going.