Poll: Location of the next expansion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i find it funny that people are thinking about future expansions when the current expansion is only 1 month old, how about we come back to this thread in a year after we've uncovered more Lore from the future raids/quests, then we shall speculate about the location of the future expansion

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I hope it's Argus.
    i would love to see the landscape of that place, i can just imagine how dark/sinister it would feel just to look upon argus.

In my opinion, the last 3 major bosses worthy of an expansion are:

Queen Azshara (Maelstrom)
    Emerald Nightmare (Emerald Dream)
    Sargeras (Legion Homeworld?)

Not sure what order the first two will be, but Sargeras will definitely be the last. Of course they could easily wrap Queen Azshara into Cataclysm (patch 4.2 anyone?), and then have Emerald Dream be the next expansion.
    Last edited by Ironfeet; 2011-01-07 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfeet View Post
    In my opinion, the last 3 major bosses worthy of an expansion are:

Queen Azshara (Maelstrom)
    Emerald Nightmare (Emerald Dream)
    Sargeras (Legion Homeworld?)

Not sure what order the first two will be, but Sargeras will definitely be the last.
    We still have to remember that, according to lore, C'Thun and Yogg-Saron could probably 2-man Sargeras.

I want to see some new sinister force behind all of the Shattering of worlds (like what happened to Azeroth and Draenor), perhaps some big, horrifying nether lord somewhere in the Twisting Nether. Because come on, were the naztherim really enough to corrupt Sargeras?

My bet is this:

South Seas + Emerald Dream (+ Outland)

Dealing with Azshara, Naga and N'Zoth for good. South Seas offer a lot of smaller zones (Plunder Isle, Hiji, Lapidis Isle, ...) with a few bigger ones (remains of Kezan, Zandalar, Nazjatar, Tel'Abim, ...). Emerald Dream could be a mini-continent like Vash'Jir and Outland could offer a smaller chunk of land with more of Lady Vashj's naga if they REALLY wanted to return to Outland as everybody seems to expect but I don't really see a reason.
    Woah, woah, wait a minute. I agree with the South Seas part, but wouldn't N'Zoth be like Kil'jaeden and be the true final boss of this expansion, seeing he is the main force behind the Shattering and the Twilight's Hammer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    More than likely, they are done with wow as far as xpacs go. They will not make another. But will focus on the new mmo.
    uhm, they r gna release 2 more xpacks m8 :]

Surprised no one thinks K'aresh will be next expansion or atleast an expansion at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Probably in southrend fighting the beach king.
    And Beerbong Fordring jumps out of the sand and steals your Beach King kill when he's at 10%
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be South Seas, there have been subtle hints throughout these last two expansions of Queen Azshara's becoming more restless. Plus, they dived a little into Water content in LK, and then blizz proved a huge feat of water content mechanics with the new zone. Although emerald dream is a good possibility, there is more reason in the content for it to be southseas than ED
    "If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams." - Yann Martel

Deleted
    Just like Wotlk was a big test on the Phasing. Cataclysm is a test on underwater area (Vashir); the next expansion will likely have a 4 or 5 zones underwater, dealing more with Naga and who knows what else is in the big sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamima View Post
    New continent in outland/new 'chunk' of dreanor would be pretty interesting and unexpected.
    Indeed. All the descriptions of Draenor from lore and books say it looks like an apple core now. So there's a whole other side we haven't seen yet.

I also still think it would be awesome to discover that the moon is actually a Titan Obsevatory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruan View Post
    Emerald Dream.

We will defile the exclusive realm of druids and dragons in the name of epics.
    I refuse to believe this

Deleted
    I hope we will fight the Legion in one of their homeworlds, together with the Titans.
    Emerald Dream is soooooooooooooo lame come on who cares about that?

Deleted
    while i think an underwater expansion would be cool, i get the feeling with all the naga stuff in vashjir, we will get Queen Ashzara (spelling?) as a raid boss 2 major content patches down the line.

But i think the unexplored back side of azeroth will be a future expansion, as for next one, only blizztard know the answer

Deleted
    i can't understand why ppls believe emerald dream will be an expansion, the emerald dream is already over (between wotlk and cata it have been 3 years) malfurion is out and party hard etc, so there is no chanse in hell that emerald dream will be an xpac, most likely be some patch with caverns of time in this OR next xpac.

Deleted
    i think we'll start to see more on the other side of azeroth
    with blizz making big changes to it well have, why not!
    lore says that adventureres have traveled there and have never returned... something must be going there that we dont know about hmm!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    i think we'll start to see more on the other side of azeroth
    with blizz making big changes to it well have, why not!
    lore says that adventureres have traveled there and have never returned... something must be going there that we dont know about hmm!
    A big bad evil whaleshark of darkness ate em up ! 8(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I hope not. N'Zoth most probably resides below Nazjatar and if he appeared in this expansion, that would mean Nazjatar would be wasted in a content patch.
    Maybe Nazjatar will be featured in some future content patch. It could be like Hrothgar's landing og something, just a bigger area.
    That could feature N'Zoth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theoncomingstorm View Post
    while i think an underwater expansion would be cool, i get the feeling with all the naga stuff in vashjir, we will get Queen Ashzara (spelling?) as a raid boss 2 major content patches down the line.

But i think the unexplored back side of azeroth will be a future expansion, as for next one, only blizztard know the answer
    I doubt it, because otherwise there would be a big thing about demons also. This expansions is about elementals. Plus, she is one of the most powerful beings in Azeroth, for Blizzard to make her into a patch content boss is like putting Illidan as a boss in a 5-man dungeon for level 70s
    "If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams." - Yann Martel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tennis125 View Post
    I doubt it, because otherwise there would be a big thing about demons also. This expansions is about elementals. Plus, she is one of the most powerful beings in Azeroth, for Blizzard to make her into a patch content boss is like putting Illidan as a boss in a 5-man dungeon for level 70s
    Ah erm no, nothing said yet about future raid bosses so i dont see a problem with implenting her as a boss in one of the upcoming content patches.