Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey I have been wondering this, I am thinking about getting http://www.wowhead.com/item=69897, the staff that turns you into a fire cat, and the comments says just as long as I get in combat with it and stay combat, it will stay on me. So even if I switch out my weapons I should be good.(not 100% on this though) But is the res even worth it to do this swapping?How much is enough for a f druid?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Hey I have been wondering this, I am thinking about getting http://www.wowhead.com/item=69897, the staff that turns you into a fire cat, and the comments says just as long as I get in combat with it and stay combat, it will stay on me. So even if I switch out my weapons I should be good.(not 100% on this though) But is the res even worth it to do this swapping?How much is enough for a f druid?
    Simply put, a PvE weapon with equal Ilevel as the PvP weapon is never worth it.

Ilvl 378 PvP Weapon > Ilvl 378 PvE Weapon
    Ilvl 391 PvP Weapon > Ilvl 391 PvE Weapon

Though, if you can get your hands on a higher Ilvl PvE weapon, but not the PvP one, then go for it. (391 PvE > 378 PvP) It's really as simple as that.

I personally wouldn't run with anything below 4k resi, and you're on 4.2k resi with full ruthless. The only cases in which you should consider doing this is when you got a higher Ilvl PvE weapon or when you can get your hands on Matrix Restabilizer.

Ok so since I've been thinking, and in most combo's I play I don't really need the 4.2k resi I'm running, I'm getting preety tempted to go for the 408 crit pvp trink, just to see the results, as I'm very rarely a target I shouldn't see much issues, I'll post an update on how it goes soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    Ok so since I've been thinking, and in most combo's I play I don't really need the 4.2k resi I'm running, I'm getting preety tempted to go for the 408 crit pvp trink, just to see the results, as I'm very rarely a target I shouldn't see much issues, I'll post an update on how it goes soon.
    As long as you reforge it to Mastery, it IS a viable option. Although, I would personally not prefer crit/mastery over Resi. If it's Agility, it's 100% worth it (can still be situation dependant.) Crit/Mastery? Again, viable, but not that great.

crit mastery obviously, idea is to get that little bit more out of the burst, it might be worth it in ebola(I'm playin ebola atm) and since against MLS or any fear comp I'm left with pmuch only bleeds, so that bit of mastery should put me over 16.50 (I'm at 15.08 atm if I'm not mistaken) netting a quite decent bit of damage more, played only 6 games today, as I forgot to actually equip it I can't post results but I can openly guarantee that extra bit isn't needed, and that the ammount it helps might not even be as large as I might think- Remains to be seen- As my dk is offline atm I can't poke him up for quick 2v2 for tests, I'll run a couple MLS wargames against 2700+ opponents if I remember tommorow(I got all day) so yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you come up against comps like MLS, that's exactly when you will want the resilience one actually.

not really MLS tunnels eighter pala or dk, and since we're cleaving (me on mage dk on sham) that bit of mastery helps witht he dots on the mage, honestly I'm not sure yet, as promissed results inc tonight.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 08:24 PM ----------

Went 3-0 vs. MLS with both trinkets, gain is minimal, it's all coming down to crit rng on bleeds so that 1 extra mastery doesn't help me as much as I assumed, resi is more valuable in the long run.

15+ Year Old Account
    not really MLS tunnels eighter pala or dk
    Aha, I wasn't aware you played that comp. In most Feral comps however, they'll go for the Feral.

resi is more valuable in the long run.
    I told you!

Hey guys since this is feral pvp thread i though you guys might enjoy watching some feral pvp!
    youtube.com/iferalz is a good place to catch some!
    Check it out!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else gettin roflpwnd in random bgs lately?? im no expert feral pvper but im no slouch either.. i cannot for the life of me kill a healer 1v1 no matter how long im on the bastud ;p all i seem capable of killing is dks n shammies and other ferals lol.. any ideas for me??
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    A Feral can pretty much destroy everything except a good Healer, Frost Mage or Affliction Lock.

So actually, nope, not a lot of ideas for you. Are you maiming enough, preferably at or below 50% HP? Are you kicking enough and not being fake-casted? (always kick as late as possible). Are you using Cyclones to interrupt healing + regen energy? Those are things that most Ferals aren't good at or simply don't do, and it will help a lot once you learn these things.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yup, i tend to start with a charge then get 5 cps for rip then if anyones helpin ill cyclone them, i use mouseover/focus/target macros for cyclone, roots n hibernate etc. i try not to cyclone the target im attacking cos it takes no dmg then or should i be? ill then try maim when they at or around 50%, go bear n bash, warstomp etc, but i just cannot kill a healer 1v1 at all even when i TF zerk em ;p, i even get the odd cocky healer who stands there and turns there back to me and wiggles aboot lol so i just run away cos i know its pointless.
    frost mages i cant get anywhere near half the time unless im being dispelled which is rare in BGs, arcane mages just 3-4 shot me with the usual complicated AB spam ;p locks yea fukk them lol, good hunters i got no chance with. so i just find myself hunting down dks, shammies, ferals, and warriors n non holy palas
    another thing ive noticed too is that i get zerged A LOT lol maybe just cos im feral? or got this shitty fire kitty?
    anyway i just find myself wandering about being choosy over who to attack and i find that boring ;p
    cheers

macro i use is
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists,nodead] cyclone
    /cast [target=focus,exists,nodead] cyclone
    /cast [target=target,exists,nodead] cyclone
    Last edited by invader; 2011-10-29 at 10:44 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    i try not to cyclone the target im attacking cos it takes no dmg then or should i be?
    Yes, especially vs. healers in 1v1, you should. Use Cyclone to interrupt heals and/or regen energy. If you're going to let him heal up because you can't kick/maim him, you can start all over anyway. A cyclone gives you 3-6 extra seconds to regen energy as well as your kick coming off CD.

frost mages i cant get anywhere near half the time unless im being dispelled which is rare in BGs
    - Switching to Bear while rooted helps a lot (assuming you're specced into Natural Reaction), you'll take a lot less damage. Feral Druids often forget to do this.
    - Barkskin half a second before he's shattering you. (usually in a deep freeze)
    - Trinket on deep freeze (nothing else)
    - Dash and Roar only on 6 second novas (every now and then when you have a kill opportunity on a 3 second one, but this is rare).
    - Cyclones while you are rooted and not able to defend yourself otherwise can help too to prevent those nasty 50k+ shatters
    - Try to keep up rake 24/7, as soon as you're near the mage, first thing you should do is rake him, even when it's still 8 seconds left
    - Even vs. Mages (with all their absorbs and iceblock) choose Rip over Ferocious Bite.
    - Bash/Maim after blink, gives you some additional uptime.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    cheers, just need more practice i spose ;p ive not long got into pvp on mah drood tbh, i used to only pvp on my mage so i know how much of a menace they are ;p.. gave up playing my mage tho cos it makes me want to cry and /wrists its so boooring n dull...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    tips n tricks against mages
    Add insta roots after blink. Those are fun.

arcane mages just 3-4 shot me with the usual complicated AB spam ;p locks yea fukk them lol
    Skull Bash? Arcane mage is the easiest thing to kill 1 on 1 (or in general if you're not getting peeled), yes they do sick damage, but only when you let them cast those AB's, which you shouldn't and they don't have enough tools that you can't counter for them to get u off of 'em for long enough to cast anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Add insta roots after blink. Those are fun.
    If you have any bleed up at all, it takes more time rooting the Mage than that it gains you time to run towards him though. This only tends to work when you don't have any bleeds up imo. And even then, I'd personally rather use it for a 14-30k instant heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. I tended to focus a lot on Arena play and it either gives your teammate time to set up something nice or covers a debuff.

It can be fun in TB as well

as opposed to popular belief instaroots break on 2 bleed ticks, meaning effectively of your rip and rake are both up it's a 3sec root if you're lucky to land it just after a rake tick, otherwise it's less, if a bleed crits it's even less than that, so I don't know I mean I've tried it, but it just seemed so pointless because if I wanted a root I'd SR+ feral charge bear, now that's a proper root.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Depends. I tended to focus a lot on Arena play and it either gives your teammate time to set up something nice or covers a debuff.

It can be fun in TB as well
    All the tips that I've given were regarding 1v1 though, since that's what his questions were about. And, in 1v1, I personally think rooting Mages simply isn't worth it 9/10 times, maybe if you don't have any bleeds up, but I'd still prefer an Instant Healing Touch for 14-30k then.