Deleted
    my first raid was back in vanilla, got invited to join ZG at lvl 58, i had no clue what it was or what to do so they expalned to me that i had to heal that tank like mad when it was my turn then when i was oom let the next healer take over so i coud get mana back.

i just loved those days...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ZG/ AQ20/ MC.............. can't really remember which one i was in first..... but can definitely remember how fun it was..... was playing prot warrior at the time. Can still remember thinking..... i have no idea what I am doing in here.

Deleted
    Anyone said crossroads yet? At level 38 or something in 2004. We went apeshit on those hordies!

Karazhan after the horse guy(dont remember exactly his name) i remember wiping countless hours on Moroes cause of add handling etc. ahhh those times

Karazhan, being chased by the Big Bad Wolf was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Areden View Post
    Karazhan after the horse guy(dont remember exactly his name) i remember wiping countless hours on Moroes cause of add handling etc. ahhh those times

Man I remember when they put the Badges of Justice in Kara and it was puggable. I used to troll general chat in Kara SOOO bad by convincing all the other raid groups in there that we kept wiping on Attumen.

Got so many people calling me an idiot, nub, etc etc. It was awesome.

After starting to play WoW during ICC progression, I leveled a paladin tank as my first toon. After reaching 80 and gearing a bit, the following conversation happend.

RL: Hey kurz, we need a tank for tonight, you interested?
    Me: Sure, what are we doing.
    RL: Don't worry about it, just get in here.
    *summoned into ICC*
    RL: OK, guys, time to down heroic Saurfang.
    Me: *shudder*

First raid ever online was in a MUD killing Lord Soth. First raid in WoW was something like world 10th Onyxia40. I had no clue what the hell was going on; my primary job was to just fear ward the tank.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 hours after hitting lvl 80,got invited to run Kara. Top guild on the server was still clearing SSC/TK. I was going as the OT to learn the fights but the MT never showed up so as we are buffing to start the conversation went like this:
    RL: you will MT this raid, the other tank didnt show up, we have another warrior buying tank gear on the AH atm to OT for you
    ME: I havent tanked before.
    RL: No worries, if u cant hold threat we can MD to you
    ME: whats threat?

Zeeeee Geeeee

ZG

10+ Year Old Account
    Molten Core, I shit my pants with excitement the first time I killed original Rag...

The 1st time we actually downed Prince in Kara I could feel my heart racing for almost an hour lol. All those attempts and dying to the most god aweful volcano placement you could immagine was taking its toll. It is really a great feeling when you see progression on a boss actually click.

You can just feel the run coming together a lot of times. You plug away and plug away and you see health bars staying full, vent is quiet, people are paying attention, you just know its going to happen and then it does... Great feeling.

Blackwing Lair -had to learn to kite dragonkins (as a Hunter). Imagine that, first time raider doing an important job like that (and managed)! :P

I didn't know back then that most players couldn't even kite around those times, felt kind of fun thinking about it in retrospect.

(It was guilds 2nd Blackwing Lair week so they hadn't yet killed anything, we got the first bosses down the 2nd week so it was great fun for me as newbie too.)

was either kara or mags lair on my shammy.

Deleted
    UBRS or MC, can't remember. Do know I did MC the day after I hit 60.

Ubrs 10-15 man. I was one of the first rogues on my server to wield double http://www.wowhead.com/item=12590 (felstrike with a 0.1% droprate)

ZG was my first raid ever, but MC was really my first large raid.

My first raid ever was Ony (level 60)

First raid was MC. I remember being one of the first ones there and some other dwarf paladin wearing cloth explaining to other paladins how to heal, ie hit FoL nonstop until everything is dead.