Thread: Hey MMO.

Deleted

Exclamation Hey MMO.

Does warlocks getting nerfed alot or? I just want to know if I should play my mage for boss fights or warlock.
    Because I've seen alot of movies warlocks is better then mages and just wan't to know if they still are after the patch /:
    Thank you for helping a noob out :-P

Why don't you just play the class you enjoy the most?

Deleted
    Warlocks do better dps.

But yeah, play the one you like the most; it'll probably change soon, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    Why don't you just play the class you enjoy the most?
    Definitely. Min-maxing by class is a great way to quickly drain all the fun out of the many options and choices blizzard has presented us with.

10+ Year Old Account
    from what i have heard fire mages do the most damage atm. Arcane for short fights. Dont know much about locks though

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.stateofdps.com/
    They're pretty close, with locks edging out mages.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honestly - class balance is something that fluctuates a lot. In the long run, the class you pick will most likely experience both being the top dog when it comes to DPS, as well as seeing times where your DPS is less than optimal. Go with the class you like the most, learn how to play it, get excellent at it, love it.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the help - I will level my locks since its fun and have alot of stuff witch I love like Fear etc xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Player skill, latency and other factors overcome supposed maximum DPS potential people quote from simulators. Ie. play what you like.

Deleted
    stateofdps - Is that from the new patch or? Cause I like it much :b It's nice.
    - But I hope its true that warlocks make a little more o:

Dps stats from every live boss based on the average dps from the top 200 on WoL for each class and spec.

http://stuff.reite.com/thcwol/spec.php

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Warlocks do better dps.

But yeah, play the one you like the most; it'll probably change soon, anyway.
    *looks at hunter changes*

*cries*

Deleted
    I see that warlocks do more damage then mages, soo.. I play my lock up since its more fun too then mages.
    - Thanks for the help.
    Now I just need a good site to learn about items, rotation etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliias View Post
    I see that warlocks do more damage then mages, soo.. I play my lock up since its more fun too then mages.
    - Thanks for the help.
    Now I just need a good site to learn about items, rotation etc.
    Mind if I give you an indication of your likely performance?
    - Trying to only play the best/highest max dps class.
    - Trying to get people to explain to you what you should pick, instead of making up your own mind
    - The fact that you state to have no knowledge of "a good site to learn about items/rotation".

I'm getting vibes, that you are the kind of person that doesn't explore things for himself and always needs to be told what is best. Due to the fact that you seem slightly unknowing about where to get your information, I'll take it that you are either a "new" player, or younger than average. This last bit is supported by the way you use the language (even though it's not your native language). Your lack of experience and knowledge will lead you to assume you're doing great, but other party members will think different. They'll call you out for being a bad player and you do not understand why. Basic principles of fights need to be explained and any comments or critique on your style, gear, or rotation will lead to a nerd-rage, because obviously any form of criticism is wrong. You now have "sites" to prove it.

You don't read patch-notes, so other people need to tell you that you should no longer use ability Y and if you continuously end up being 5th on the dps meter, you'll decide to reroll classes, because your current class sucks. It's not you, it's the class. If movies indicate that your class might be slightly worse, you'll reroll, because movies equal truth.

After several disappointments, you want to make sure you're getting it right this time, so you make a topic on the worlds biggest wow site with the title "Hey MMO", to make it absolutely clear that you greet all the people on MMO. That way, they can not tke offense. Your question involves making a choice between 2 or more classes. You need to know which is better, what their gear, no wait, items should be and how their rotation goes. Comments about Priority rule > Rotation get ignored, because obviously they don't know what they are talking about. Oh, you'd also like to buy a ready to go lvl 85 character. Oh this isn't the place for that..lame...

Disclaimer. Yes, I get fed up with these kinds of topics, with only 3 lines of text, made by people that should obviously be playing a different kind of game. Like shooters. Hold gun, shoot people. Basics even these posters can't miss.
    EDIT: Don't use the LFD. Please.

EDIT2:
    To end this slightly more positive I advice you the following. Do not rush a choice of class. Read up on it, instead of asking people for information. There's information all over the internet and most of it is right here in the Warlock and Mage forums. Try googling for Elitist Jerks and you might find even more information, albeit slightly more chaotic. If you do ask questions on these boards, make sure basic information is present and correct about the classes you wish to pick and consider giving a little bit more quality input. Lastly, do not pick a class based on top dps charts, because if you're a good player and and your guilds Hunter isn't, you're going to beat him anyhow. Play what is fun, be good at it because it's fun.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-01-12 at 01:51 PM.

Classes are constantly getting nerfed and buffed. Since vanilla I'm quite sure every class has been "on top" of its respective roles more than once or at least highly competitive. It is true everyone is different but to me chosing a class based on what is "best" right now is not a viable option, as it could quite literally change in mere days if blizzard gets a stick up their butt about some problem, real or imagined. I say the same thing about race but at least you CAN change that.