Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

[BUG] Chug-A-Lug: Alchemists getting shafted.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1827307392

Chug-A-Lug - Rank 1
    The duration of buffs from all guild cauldrons is increased by 50%.

Alchemists normally get two hour flasks, whether it be their own flask or a flask from a cauldron. Once a guild reaches level 10, they unlock the Chug-A-Lug guild perk which increases the duration of all guild cauldrons by 50%. This should bring an alchemists flask up to 3 hours, but it's doing the opposite and decreasing it by 30 minutes, down to 1.5 hours.

I'm assuming this isn't intended.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Not a bug. Why? Well:

You cannot create the flask itself, so by rule, it's unaffected by Mixology, bringing it to the normal 1 hour duration. +50% brings it up to 1.5 hours.

So it's not a bug, though Blizz might hotfix it to be affected by mixology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Not a bug. Why? Well:

You cannot create the flask itself, so by rule, it's unaffected by Mixology, bringing it to the normal 1 hour duration. +50% brings it up to 1.5 hours.

So it's not a bug, though Blizz might hotfix it to be affected by mixology.
    Wrong - I've used a cauldron pre guild level 10 and my flasks lasted two hours. However, once we got to guild level 10, my flask duration dropped to 1.5 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs to be effected by mixology. Otherwise, to be honest, what's the point of having alchemy? Free transmute once a day? Hell, if it's uneffected your gonna have to carry & use your own flasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrix View Post
    Wrong - I've used a cauldron pre guild level 10 and my flasks lasted two hours. However, once we got to guild level 10, my flask duration dropped to 1.5 hours.
    Oh well, then it is a bug.

FIX IT BLIZZ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

You'd think a bug like this wouldn't go unnoticed... I mean it's a pretty obvious thing to consider how mixology and chug-a-lug would interact and to test to make sure it behaves as intended.....
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be the story of this expac so far. So many bugs that you think would have been found in beta...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde View Post
    Seems to be the story of this expac so far. So many bugs that you think would have been found in beta...
    Well, it is the biggest expansion so far. Although yes, I do agree that there are a lot of bugs that still need to be fixed; they're working on it!

You mean that shouldn't have even made it into pre-alpha...
    This sort of bug should be caught in the design phase... I mean seriously, the "stacking" nature of similar effects from items/talents/professions/etc is so common in wow that it should be impossible for new combinations to not be tested before it even makes it to beta..
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On the bright side you still get the 50% effect bonus.. :S
    Let's at least hope its fixed by the next minor patch. Maybe we'll have it fixed by the time we got the big cauldrons!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    On the bright side you still get the 50% effect bonus.. :S
    Let's at least hope its fixed by the next minor patch. Maybe we'll have it fixed by the time we got the big cauldrons!
    How is that a bright side? I'm losing 25% of my flask duration because of this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrix View Post
    How is that a bright side? I'm losing 25% of my flask duration because of this bug.
    The bug should be fixed, don't get me wrong -- but, correct me if I'm wrong, there are three possibilities here:

1. You have the standard, run-of-the-mill cauldron. It does not possess enough charges to provide for the entire raid, so somebody is getting left out. Be a swell guy and make your own flask. It's easier for you than any other person, who will probably have to buy it at markup or have you make it for them anyway. You don't lose any duration, and you volunteer to be one of the people who doesn't get something from the cauldron.

2. Your guild perks are such that the cauldron provides enough charges for everybody. Are you really not taking a flask from the second cauldron because you have another 30 minutes left on yours at this point? Worst case you simply use it 30 minutes later than everybody else; you're still going to take one from the cauldron because it's free (once the cauldron is made already that is) and you'll need it anyway.

3. You're only putting one cauldron down per raid and want your flask to work longer. Isn't this all the more reason to NOT be one of the people taking a flask out of that one cauldron? Leave it for somebody else who needs it and get your extra benefit from self-made flasks at the same time.

As I said, they should fix the bug and I'm sure they will. It's silly that under any circumstances you shouldn't benefit from your own profession's bonuses. I don't see it as a huge deal though, and to call it getting "shafted" like it's an intentional slap in the face is overboard.

Just for clarity: It is your own cauldron, correct? Or at the very least you can also make the same cauldron (regular or Big)? Mixology's description is "You receive an increased effect and duration when you drink any elixir or flask you are able to make," so if you're not able to make them yourself, it would seem to be proper that you don't gain benefit. I know you've said you used it pre-perk and it worked; just making sure the circumstances are, in fact, all identical. It probably IS a bug, but it helps to rule out other things before calling it one--particularly when none of us here can see the code.

You probably have to set a new cauldron every 1,5h anyways for your non alchemist fellows. So, where's the difference for you to just get a new flask like everyone else, or to let the cauldron despawn with some charges left?
    I don't really see such a huge problem there
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Well, it is the biggest expansion so far. Although yes, I do agree that there are a lot of bugs that still need to be fixed; they're working on it!
    It's the the smallest for actual content that matters for a six year old MMO; high level content. Now the content is all very good, but they could at least test what they have, there's so many left over bugs from beta. =/
    Last edited by Merin; 2011-01-10 at 10:22 AM.

I knew they'd screw this up.

I knew it. Someone test if alchemists also get their required bonus stats from cauldrons.

then again, this expac is the biggest one EVER!, and it remaps the Azeroth (except northrend) adding new zones, changing all of the old zones + adding "another continent (Deepholme)". with such a big change to the system there is now wonder why it has so many bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    You probably have to set a new cauldron every 1,5h anyways for your non alchemist fellows. So, where's the difference for you to just get a new flask like everyone else, or to let the cauldron despawn with some charges left?
    I don't really see such a huge problem there
    In 25 man-raids, you need to make 3 cauldrons + 4flasks for the whole raid. If you have at leat 4 alchemists, and if cauldron flasks were affected by mixology, it would last 3 hours for alchemists, saving you 4 flasks if you have at least 4 alchemists in the raid on the second round of cauldrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    In 25 man-raids, you need to make 3 cauldrons + 4flasks for the whole raid. If you have at leat 4 alchemists, and if cauldron flasks were affected by mixology, it would last 3 hours for alchemists, saving you 4 flasks if you have at least 4 alchemists in the raid on the second round of cauldrons.
    Or just get the recipe for the 25 man cauldron and, yknow, quit making a big deal about it.

Deleted
    It's a bug and bugs need to be "made a big deal out of". There is no ifs and buts about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And we all know that if Cata release was delayed so that it would be bug-free when it shipped, the entire community would mass QQ about how they have another few months of ICC and RS.