Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    Or just get the recipe for the 25 man cauldron and, yknow, quit making a big deal about it.
    Fail.
    25mans-cauldron only gives you 20 flasks, for roughly the same price as 3 10-mans cauldron, which gives you 21 flasks, which is more than 20. We already mathed it out "yknow"...
    Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    And we all know that if Cata release was delayed so that it would be bug-free when it shipped, the entire community would mass QQ about how they have another few months of ICC and RS.
    The community will complain whatever happens.
    The expansion was rushed because of the complaints.
    Lol Barad and the current state of pvp in general makes that pretty clear.
    If they are having to post on the blog about upcoming class changes 1 month into the expansion, then its pretty obvious that they screwed up a good deal of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde View Post
    Seems to be the story of this expac so far. So many bugs that you think would have been found in beta...
    Bearing in mind that THEY aren't responsible for finding the majority of bugs in the beta. If beta players don't leave feedback (and the vast majority didn't) then blizzard can't find these bugs and fix them.

But yeah, it would be pointless to extend the duration. Rest of the group will run out before you, and you'll need to put another down anyway.
    Oh, on another note, can anyone confirm that this is affected by Elixir Mastery? would be great if you can proc extras, given the high amount of materials required/

Deleted
    Seems to be the story of this expac so far. So many bugs that you think would have been found in beta...
    Let's not forget:
    "Bug Fixes

* Many bugs... handled them!"

Perhaps it's in there somewhere. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtaroth View Post
    Oh, on another note, can anyone confirm that this is affected by Elixir Mastery? would be great if you can proc extras, given the high amount of materials required/
    That would kind of "double-dipping" since the mats themselves are flasks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    That would kind of "double-dipping" since the mats themselves are flasks.
    aaaand of course, i WOULD forget that you can proc the mats in the first place... I'm a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtaroth View Post
    Bearing in mind that THEY aren't responsible for finding the majority of bugs in the beta. If beta players don't leave feedback (and the vast majority didn't) then blizzard can't find these bugs and fix them.
    That is just bullshit. There were tons of bugs fixed months after 4.0 that were reported at the early beta stage (and afaik some even at f&f alpha but I can't speak for that) and that could most likely be one of them.
    They obviously chose to ignore them or rather give them a very low priority, whatever...
    Don't blame the beta testers if you know nothing whatsoever about that
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Not a bug. Why? Well:

You cannot create the flask itself, so by rule, it's unaffected by Mixology, bringing it to the normal 1 hour duration. +50% brings it up to 1.5 hours.

So it's not a bug, though Blizz might hotfix it to be affected by mixology.
    I got the extended buff from Cauldron flask before the perk. So it's clearly a bug.

Anyway, I've reported it yesterday and back then they were not aware of this happening.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jb226 View Post
    The bug should be fixed, don't get me wrong -- but, correct me if I'm wrong, there are three possibilities here:

1. You have the standard, run-of-the-mill cauldron. It does not possess enough charges to provide for the entire raid, so somebody is getting left out. Be a swell guy and make your own flask. It's easier for you than any other person, who will probably have to buy it at markup or have you make it for them anyway. You don't lose any duration, and you volunteer to be one of the people who doesn't get something from the cauldron.

2. Your guild perks are such that the cauldron provides enough charges for everybody. Are you really not taking a flask from the second cauldron because you have another 30 minutes left on yours at this point? Worst case you simply use it 30 minutes later than everybody else; you're still going to take one from the cauldron because it's free (once the cauldron is made already that is) and you'll need it anyway.

3. You're only putting one cauldron down per raid and want your flask to work longer. Isn't this all the more reason to NOT be one of the people taking a flask out of that one cauldron? Leave it for somebody else who needs it and get your extra benefit from self-made flasks at the same time.

As I said, they should fix the bug and I'm sure they will. It's silly that under any circumstances you shouldn't benefit from your own profession's bonuses. I don't see it as a huge deal though, and to call it getting "shafted" like it's an intentional slap in the face is overboard.

Just for clarity: It is your own cauldron, correct? Or at the very least you can also make the same cauldron (regular or Big)? Mixology's description is "You receive an increased effect and duration when you drink any elixir or flask you are able to make," so if you're not able to make them yourself, it would seem to be proper that you don't gain benefit. I know you've said you used it pre-perk and it worked; just making sure the circumstances are, in fact, all identical. It probably IS a bug, but it helps to rule out other things before calling it one--particularly when none of us here can see the code.
    Our guild doesn't provide flasks for our raiders (as of yet). However, we have many alchemists, so what we do (to save flasks) is to pair each alchemist up with three other people. Personally, I'm an alchemist and I use a Flask of the Draconic Mind (300 Int). I'm paired with (1) Agi flask, (1) Strength flask, and (1) Stam flask. All four of us roll and whoever is the lowest does not get the extra "free" flask (they're putting one in, and get one back, whereas everyone else will be able to grab one, drink it, and grab another).

Our guild is currently about 300 flasks short of getting the "big" cauldrons, and as such, we are spreading flasks around this way.

EDIT: Yes, it's my cauldron.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 01:12 AM ----------

^

[filler text]
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    That is just bullshit. There were tons of bugs fixed months after 4.0 that were reported at the early beta stage (and afaik some even at f&f alpha but I can't speak for that) and that could most likely be one of them.
    They obviously chose to ignore them or rather give them a very low priority, whatever...
    Don't blame the beta testers if you know nothing whatsoever about that
    except that those bugs WERE reported. Many were not; Bear in mind that blizzard take highest priority on bugs that were reported the most often. Blizzard simply cannot find and fix every bug within the time period they had, partially because of the number of bugs. So they prioritise the most urgent ones. We should be EXPECTING the expansion to be buggy at this stage, which, you'll notice, is the point i was making in that post. As for "Blaming the beta testers", i'm not saying they are responsible, as it was simply a matter of blizzard NOT having the time to fix everything, but the fact of the matter is a large amount of beta players never left feedback. If you give a large amount of people, entirely randomly, access to the new content, how many will actually take the time to leave feedback, and how many will just see it as a free ride?

Also, i never said this was a bug in the first place, in my opinion this is working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    People, don't go so emotional about the issue. Simply report it within the game - this is imo the best way to speed up the fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been wondering if anybody knows if this bug has been fixed on the PTR (if somebody could go look at it for me)?
    Cause it sucks hard that it is bugged like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadugarr View Post
    Someone test if alchemists also get their required bonus stats from cauldrons.
    This would be nice to know, i hope they do, otherwise alchemists are beter off sticking to their own flasks.

Forget about the time discrepancy for now.. Has anyone tested to see if alchemists get an increased stat effect from the cauldron, as they do from flasks?
    Our guild don't have the cauldrons yet, so I can't test it myself

EDIT: Balbo beat me to it! Damn you for steering it back on topic before me!
    Last edited by Ignatious; 2011-01-31 at 10:37 AM.

Didn't the patch notes say that the Flask of Battle now correctly adds 120 stamina to alchemist tanks?
    So logically, for all non-tanks the effect from mixology that increases the stat gain from flasks works.

Deleted
    it seems like half of the people in beta just thought "LOL FREE CATA!!!111!!" instead of testing like they were meant to ¬_¬

(I mean really, who camps lor'danel in a BETA? it just stops people testing the content properly)

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    You'd think a bug like this wouldn't go unnoticed... I mean it's a pretty obvious thing to consider how mixology and chug-a-lug would interact and to test to make sure it behaves as intended.....
    it was on the beta they buffed guild and player xp to check a lot of that stuff and it was bugged then too

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    And we all know that if Cata release was delayed so that it would be bug-free when it shipped, the entire community would mass QQ about how they have another few months of ICC and RS.
    Admittedly I think the complaints would have been more so because ICC was nearing a year old at that point, which really shouldn't have happened.

Anyways, on topic, you do get the stat bonus it seems as an alchemist.

Beta was not for people to test and find bugs, it was so people could find places to get mass XP and be world firsts or to learn raids to be world firsts, or to find the best path of recipes in a chosen profession in order to get a world first. Once all the world firsts were done, they fell back on realm firsts, and then......

Deleted
    You people are just ridiculous. A fuckton of the bugs that have been released with live had been reported in beta. Fixing them takes a lot of time.