Questions about this i5 2500k build.

UPDATED 1/10
    Is this a good build? I realize its overkill. Could I get it for cheaper? Any suggestions? Thanks everyone.
    CAS:* Apevia X-Plorer 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window and MultiMeter Display
    CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 [+26]
    CS_FAN:Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
    FAN:Xion HP-1216B Five Heatpipes Direct Core Contact Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof) (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof)
    FLASHMEDIA:INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
    HDD:1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+22] (Single Hard Drive)
    MEMORY:8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [+94] (Corsair or Major Brand)
    MOTHERBOARD:CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-P67A-UD3 Intel P67 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
    OS:Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
    POWERSUPPLY:700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply
    SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card(EVGA Superclocked)
    PRICE+945)
    Last edited by 14fighter; 2011-01-12 at 01:27 AM.

You could probably build one cheaper than that, and with more well-known brands.

Deleted
    If you want the maximum potential out of that CPU, then you want to change your Mobo to a P67. The one you currently have is the cheapest, bottom of the line H67 mobo from ASUS, which will not allow you to overclock your CPU and you will be limited to the Turbo features of the i5-2500k.

Can you give me an example of the difference the mobo will make?

Deleted
    A massive difference. I promise, it is worth the change.
    I can't throw figures at you, but it's a no-brainer.
    Change to a p67.

Okay and I haven't overclocked before can anyone give me a rundown? and how It could possibly be go wrong? I don't have to open up the system or anything right?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you ordered all these parts separately on newegg and built the rig yourself you would be saving around 200 dollars, if not more.

edit: OC'ing can't really go wrong, all you got to do is make sure you got the temperatures under control and a CPU thats OC "compatible"

Eh, I just don't feel comfortable making it myself with no experience at all, espescially an expensive one. I know I need a anti-static band too.
    And would my PSU and cooling be good enough for overclocking
    Last edited by 14fighter; 2011-01-09 at 10:59 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, having water cooling alone would be enough not to mention the extra fan and stock HSF.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Skip the liquid cooling on the new processor.

It is not useless, but it is much more dangerous than an active air cooler. You can also OC the i5 2500k to about 4.4 ghz on air pretty easily. (as long as vents and everything are set up well and thought out- i.e. good airflow in the case)

Dangers of liquid cooling include killing the entire rig with a leak. (its possible, as liquid cooling can get cracks in tubes, links etc, just like a car's radiator hose)

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    Skip the liquid cooling on the new processor.

It is not useless, but it is much more dangerous than an active air cooler. You can also OC the i5 2500k to about 4.4 ghz on air pretty easily. (as long as vents and everything are set up well and thought out- i.e. good airflow in the case)

Dangers of liquid cooling include killing the entire rig with a leak. (its possible, as liquid cooling can get cracks in tubes, links etc, just like a car's radiator hose)
    Which one of these 3 is good
    Xion HP-1216B Five Heatpipes Direct Core Contact Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof) (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof) [+8]
    XtremeGear Ultra Triple Heatpipes Cool Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof)
    (Venom Boost Extreme OC Certified) CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan

The rated wattage of the PSU is easily enough for what you have and what you intend to do, however I'm concerned about the brand, I've never heard of it before.

I messed around with the configurator got a cheaper price and better parts. So BUILD is UPDATED. I'll see how the PSU goes otherwise I'll just replace it since trying to upgrade it on the site is more expensive then buying one off newegg.
    Whats the difference between 2x4 and 4x2 for memory? Anyone?

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 08:33 PM ----------

Bump, Anyone else have any suggestions thanks.
    Last edited by 14fighter; 2011-01-12 at 01:32 AM.