Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Thumbs down Vote kick system is garbage.

Vote kicked right before the 3rd boss of Stonecore even though I didn't even make a mistake, just because the 4 other people in the group were all from the same guild and wanted to bring a guildie healer. So I made a new group and had a Raid ID for Stonecore where I was saved to 2/4 bosses, but whenever I tried to zone in it told me that 4/4 bosses were down. Even when I zoned in by myself... it said 4/4 down. What happened to the flexible lockout system? I'm never going to get the stupid trinket off the last boss.

That's because the people who were in the group finished it, with that 'Raid ID', so the bosses were dead for yours... Also, Friends, Guildies and people from your own server is all you can do if you want to avoid the chance of that happening.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-01-11 at 03:43 AM.

tbh the votekick system sucks on so many levels. Id start writing a few paragraphs to explain why but then we'd be here all day.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The entire LFD system is flawed. When its just the players from your server, and you put in the time to organise a group, it makes it a social event. You tend to want to stay on the good side of players when you know you will bump into them in SW etc etc or future runs.

Now the LFD system, makes everyone anonymous, and it doesn't matter who your partied with, you can kick, QQ ninja as much as you like, as it won't effect you personally when you leave dungeon.

The LFD idea was great, making it easier for people to farm dungeons, but it defiantly removed the social side of it from wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    personally I find the votekick system has more con's than pro's, and should be entirely removed.

Friends don't let friends LFD.

Social networking skills are just like pvp or pve skills - they can be learned by (almost) anyone.

But it's so much easier just to push the button and get in a queue and roll the dice on idiots. Have it your way, I guess. The casuals and the people who prefer fast queues with random people, won. I hope you're happy.

Deleted
    The vote kick system is fine as it is. People have the option to remove a grpmember butthe majority must want to and if one player kicks too many people, as of patch 3.3.5 they can not vote to kick people for a certain amount of time. Can you think of an alternative system? Then post it on the official forums. If not, put up with it, it was those people being stupid and abusing the system which IMO could not be better.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    personally I find the votekick system has more con's than pro's, and should be entirely removed.
    Ok, I just got dumped by my girlfriend so it's time to spread that misery around. I'm going to queue as a tank and then go afk. I'm not going to even look at my screen. Just going to straight up walk away from the computer. There's NOTHING you can do about it. You have to leave and find a new group. You can't kick me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Ok, I just got dumped by my girlfriend so it's time to spread that misery around. I'm going to queue as a tank and then go afk. I'm not going to even look at my screen. Just going to straight up walk away from the computer. There's NOTHING you can do about it. You have to leave and find a new group. You can't kick me.
    That being a good example of one of the pro's of the system

Not having a way to kick someone from a group would be far more miserable than the kick system is in its current form. They just need to figure out how to make ways to make it harder to kick people who don't deserve it and easier to kick people who do (like people who are afk or zoned out of the instance and have no intentions of zoning back in, read: greifing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    That's because the people who were in the group finished it, with that 'Raid ID', so the bosses were dead for yours... Also, Friends, Guildies and people from your own server is all you can do if you want to avoid the chance of that happening.
    You shouldn't be talking, not every player has the luxury.

<Not Bad> of Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants View Post
    You shouldn't be talking, not every player has the luxury.
    You're wrong. Every player does have the luxury. They just have to make friends and get a guild, it isn't hard. If you're not going to put any effort in then why should you get a better than average group?

All this rage about the Random LFG system.. you don't HAVE to use it.. It hasn't always been in the game.. People actually had to form their own groups, which took a LOT longer. Taking friends has a lot of benefits as well so there is no reason not to.

You use the R:LFG, you take the chance. Your own problem.

Deleted
    Yeah, I queued with 2 warrior friends for an heroic and the healer and tank were in the same guild. They left because we brought no CC. You don't need that anyways on trash in throne of the tides. We ended up waiting one hour for the next heroic.

It's even worse if you have a terrible (and I really mean it, in every way possible, terrible) player that you CAN'T kick and keep getting one of the errors/messages that you can't kick him (even though all the other players want him out). Worst shit ever.

it's not the system as much so as people being rude.

It's not the vote-to-kick system that is terrible, it's the people abusing it.

It's simply rude for a guild group to kick a pug 1/2 way through the instance, if the pug hasn't done anything wrong. People should take a bit of pride in their guild's reputation, and not act like jerks because it reflects poorly on the guild as a whole.

Vote-to-kick is wonderful tool for dungeon trolls, long-term afk-ers, and the like. But with great power comes great responsibility (lol), and there will always be people- and groups of people- who abuse that power.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote to kick NEEDS to stay im ojust needs an adjustment

the other day a douchebag priest felt the need to start acting 10 years old at me and 2 guildies in the run cause "hex is always pulled before sheep" Although both the cc'rs in the run were my guildmates he wouldnt listen that we usually kill the closest and keep them on their toes. He argued blatently that we were idiots (even though it didnt affect him in any way whatsoever as the cc's never broke) until we reached the first boss which he then decided to not heal anyone cause we didn't see things his way. We weren't aloud to kick him cause of a timer form only being inside the instance a few minutes so our option was to wipe leave grp not get deserter and reque.

unfortunately for the other pug warrior in the grp he would have had another 30 minute queue or w/e it is atm for dps and been angry at us.. but honestly why would a tank hang around to take that shit :S i did feel bad for the warrior but if we could have kicked the priest for being a spadger an inocent warrior may have gotten loot :P

The problem I have with Looking for Dungeon and the vote kick system is there's a lot less responsibility if your working with strangers If someone on your own server wants to be a jerk you message his/her guild master or a officer to report them and steps get taken. A random person on a random server is confident that you wont take the bother to come roll a alt on their server to pass the message that they are being a jerk. Perhaps a way to whisper across servers would make the griefers pause and consider, then you could armory their name and report their behavior without leaving your offended char.

Deleted
    /agree
    it just fails

If 4 out of 5 people in the group say "We are not going to continue with that person in our group.", what are YOU going to do? Solo pull?

The vote kick system did its job.