Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Let me explain. Long long ago, Priests used Sooth Mind to bypass content. So their spell was nerfed and had a cast time added to it. We where told that Sooth Mind and Sooth Beast shared code, and thus Sooth Beast also was given a cast time.

Time passed. Blizzard changed their mind and reverted the nerf to Sooth Mind. However, some how, they managed to first separate Sooth Mind and Sooth Beast and neglected to remove the cast time on Sooth Beast.

Then time started to seriously pass. Years later, the original nerf is finally removed.
    the fact that it had a cast time after it was changed to tranq shot was bizarre to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    and wild mushrooms are actually useless in their current incarnation except to cast before a fight starts and detonate after you hit solar eclipse. the most effective aoe right now is to actually strafe around and tab target moonfire/sunfire, and sunfire spam (plus all the starsurge procs) is definitely going to do more damage than mushrooms when all the mushrooms don't even hit all the targets.
    I find mushrooms to be quite powerful for aoe, but only they are limited by the small range, so they only really work well on packed mobs. But one way to hit all the mobs in a pack, is to set the shrooms right under the tank, and any mobs in melee range of the tank will be hit. For a fight where mobs are all spread out? Of course you multidot, but in the event of aoe, usually they are all on one tank, so you can plant the shrooms under him, and detonate. They are quite fast to set if you bind the button to set, and watch your gcd.

Also... * Glyph of Entangling Roots redesigned. It now reduces the cast time of Entangling Roots by 0.2 seconds, rather than making it instant cast.

FUUUUU! Although instant roots was a little crazy...
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-01-12 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I really cant believe people are saying this shit, 99% of the time people complain that they don't fix anything or balance correctly, its a constant thing and very hard to do. I think blizzard have done an epic job balancing, vs wotlk, bc, van, all specs can be played for everything...

Overall expect changes, a lot of the player base can often see buffs nerfs that are inc, don't act all surprised about it. Be happy that we are involved in changes and they listen to us.

Constantly reading the druid changes makes my face hurt a little, BUT i sorta like it in a way, we're always switching up the way we play. And tbh we're a resilient bunch, we always work out how to make it with what we have. (ferals got nerfed and nerfed and nerfed again in WOTLK, yet i still saw them topping meters at LK level)

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin View Post
    I really cant believe people are saying this shit, 99% of the time people complain that they don't fix anything or balance correctly, its a constant thing and very hard to do. I think blizzard have done an epic job balancing, vs wotlk, bc, van, all specs can be played for everything...

Overall expect changes, a lot of the player base can often see buffs nerfs that are inc, don't act all surprised about it. Be happy that we are involved in changes and they listen to us.
    i dont know how much i can stress this, im NOT qqing. in fact 90% of the changes have either been positive (love new healing) or so mild as to not matter (who cares about brez cd, we dont wipe). i've just notice more 180 degree flip flopping on druid skills than any other class which gets some tweaking but not sweeping change after sweeping change. nothing that can't be adjusted to, it's just sort of humorous is all. yes, if they just threw their hands up and said "you know what we're done" the game would eventually degrade and begin to suck, especially with gear inflation. i'm glad they don't do that.

again, its the flippy-floppy of blizzard in the case of druids that is funny - not crying.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yes, Sooth Beast was changed into Sooth. It was a name and functionality change, but it kept the spell id I think (meaning that if it was on your tool bar as Sooth Beast it because Sooth).
    lol, who ever put sooth beast on their bar? interesting history lesson though. i'm super glad they made it useful, REALLY helpful in deadmines and stonecore... and there i was just getting good at timing the cast to finish as soon as enrage finished.
    Last edited by fews; 2011-01-12 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manito View Post
    It will always be this way right after a new xpac. Remember when Unholy DK could come back to life as a ghoul and Ret Paladins could roflstomp a whole group?
    I loved being unholy when you could come back to life it was soooo OP it made my day

Deleted
    Glyphs

* Glyph of Entangling Roots redesigned. It now reduces the cast time of Entangling Roots by 0.2 seconds, rather than making it instant cast.

There is no end to the nerfs i guess and still frost mages roam free with virtually no changes. Insane...

What about giving the resto druids the mushroom. Maybe it works kinda like a light well.

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Glyphs

* Glyph of Entangling Roots redesigned. It now reduces the cast time of Entangling Roots by 0.2 seconds, rather than making it instant cast.

There is no end to the nerfs i guess and still frost mages roam free with virtually no changes. Insane...
    wow i missed this one. i blame paragon for cheesing nefarian. this is the only nerf that actually pisses me off, i liked being able to cc while healing.

Bare durid is for tanks
    Cat durid is for fites
    Seal durid is for swim
    moonkin durid is uh moonfare spam

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    I find mushrooms to be quite powerful for aoe, but only they are limited by the small range, so they only really work well on packed mobs. But one way to hit all the mobs in a pack, is to set the shrooms right under the tank, and any mobs in melee range of the tank will be hit. For a fight where mobs are all spread out? Of course you multidot, but in the event of aoe, usually they are all on one tank, so you can plant the shrooms under him, and detonate. They are quite fast to set if you bind the button to set, and watch your gcd.

Also... * Glyph of Entangling Roots redesigned. It now reduces the cast time of Entangling Roots by 0.2 seconds, rather than making it instant cast.

FUUUUU! Although instant roots was a little crazy...
    The time it takes for you to plant the three mushrooms to the time you can spam wrath or something like that, allows you to make more dps with wrath, the most ridiculous spell blizzard ever made is defiantly the stupid mushroom... Hurricane makes around the same damage and the mushrooms might be good for a pack of three mobs, but if you plant under the tank and the tank moves a little bit away from the mushrooms then it wont’ be able to hit the mobs because of the silly range they have.

so blizz, either buff the mushrooms or remove them completely and give us druids a new spell...

Deleted
    Well, one thing I do know without question is that feral dmg in pvp is too high:-8

Quote Originally Posted by fews View Post
    lol, who ever put sooth beast on their bar? interesting history lesson though. i'm super glad they made it useful, REALLY helpful in deadmines and stonecore... and there i was just getting good at timing the cast to finish as soon as enrage finished.
    I used it once in ZG at level 60 to loot an herb that was near some snakes. I even got a bloodvine from it! :B

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    blizzard is always still balancing stuff out even a month or two after a release of an xpac, if you didn't know it, so pls stop whining and delete this thread
    Thaaaank yooouuuu!
    Yes, beta and PTR is for testing, but the real test is actually when the xpack is there. Who mostly plays beta? Experienced or hardcore players. Then when the xpack is there, casual and new players start and then you can expect nerfs.

Nerf, buff, nerf. It's all about balancing and trying things out to see if they're actually working as intended. Blizzard developped this game, so it's easier for them to understand how it works and try it out then millions of other people.

I'm a druid myself and I can absolutly understand the way they are testing things and nerfing and buffing. When something is nerfed too much I don't start crying, I just wait until they've tested enough and received enough data to buff things. Otherwise I'll just try to change my routine and keep up with the rest.

Hur and dur.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't know what durids are. But they DO know what a Druid is. This happens all the time. Deal with it?

Does Blizzard Even Know WTF is Durid?

I don't think I even know what a Dur-id is..

Quote Originally Posted by mr_green View Post
    All the the nerfs/buffs i have been reading about are EXACTLY why i have not bought cata yet...
    I will gladly wait till they actualy have a game that is done being buffed/nurfed...isnt that what beta is for????(ohh wait... a majority of their beta testers were "average joe's" who did not give a crap about testing/balancing)
    Why are we Paying blizzard millions of dollars a month to release an INCOMPLETE game, with classes that need nurfs/buffs??.
    When did it become ok to release something that was NOT COMPLETE, and then say it's 90% done, but we are going to change it around over the next 3-6 months. Is their player base so dependent on new content that we dont care if its a complete package?
    This is the second expantion that they completly screw'd my Main over. Just thought i would say, "Thanks".

Its like selling someone a cheeseburger and telling them they can eat it now, but there is no cheese, or Bun. Also they can come back tomorrow and eat it again. But now its tommorow and there is only a chickenburger w/o cheese but now they have BUNS!. Well i want my ***** cheeseburger, and i want it with cheese and a gad dam BUN. I will go somewhere else to get my burger fix... thank you for the fail.
    i want i want i want.
    balancing happens through out every month of every expansion, the game is more than complete enough to enjoy it, you just sound like a spoilt brat who whinges to get some attention

LOL agree they r missing with our class alot

Dont forget
    "Oh bears arent great, lets give them a good mastery and better health pool. OOPS We buffed it to much, lets nerf the shit out of mastery, health AND armour, and just for shits, lets nerf your AoE threat so you suck even more at it. Just kidding, we're gonna buff your armour, but also nerf your damage/threat. Have fun!"

Everything aside, I do agree bear threat was to high, but seriously, buff swipe plox.

I think their buffnerf pendulum is a little ridiculous.