Thread: DBM or Bigwigs?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DBM or Bigwigs?

What do people that have finished all of the content think is the better choice? I used to use DXE in wrath but they haven't even updated it for cata yet. I'm currently using DBM and it seems fairly accurate as far as timers go, yet I noticed DBM doesn't show the MC timer during the Chogall encounter and Bigwigs does. What are you guys using? Is there a better alternative?

For Cho'gall DL the most updated version of DXE, i used only DXE in wrath and am sad it hasnt been updated, though it does have a few fights, chogal is one of them, I run Bigwigs and DXE at the same time.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2011-01-11 at 07:34 AM.

I too agree with DXE being the choice of champs, yet it's development for cata is currently slacking, so i'm looking for a temporary replacement while this is remedied.

personally I stopped using DBM in early BC raiding because it timers for mag were always wrong, even near the end of the xpac.

So I guess it's bigwigs or bust unless someone has a better suggestion...

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    RaidWatch 2 blows all that shit out of the water.

I'm a God, just not the kind you should tangle with.

I don't use any bossmods

I feel they promote lazy play

Been using Bigwigs over DBM, as they have been more hot on the updates for Cataclysm encounters.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    I don't use any bossmods

^i second that

Spoke with friend in dv and he said it wasn't going to be updated.

Got any proof or reasons?

Proof its been over a month without an update. Reason I asked and got the answer mods are for scrubs.

I don't use any bossmods

Not lazy, efficient there's a large difference

Quote Originally Posted by Yettie View Post
    Proof its been over a month without an update. Reason I asked and got the answer mods are for scrubs.
    Yea, no. Top players realize the importance of timers, which is why most of them have an addon developer on their roster or available to use quickly, so that they can make customized mods quickly to help with new mechanics.

Deleted
    It doesn't promote lazy play, it promotes less wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by Valius View Post
    Not lazy, efficient there's a large difference
    A lot of people from top world guilds don't use boss mods.

A lot of them QQ'd because they had to on H LK to help with defile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameroth View Post
    I don't use any bossmods

^i second that
    Why? DBM is pushing button for players now? Or it's moving the character so people can be lazy and do less things?
    Or people STILL have to make the SAME things, with or without DBM?
    Yeah, I can't see that "lazy play" thing you see. Perhaps it's just prejudice of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Why? DBM is pushing button for players now? Or it's moving the character so people can be lazy and do less things?
    Or people STILL have to make the SAME things, with or without DBM?
    Yeah, I can't see that "lazy play" thing you see. Perhaps it's just prejudice of you.
    Because when DBM tells you everything to do in an encounter, for me at least it tends to make me not pay attention as much.

If i'm actively watching what is going on in a fight I will not lose focus and make sure to keep my raid up.

A lot of people from top world guilds don't use boss mods.

A lot of them QQ'd because they had to on H LK to help with defile.
    App to any top 20 guild without DBM BW DXE(well not anymore). Knowing when abilities are coming is not lazy, promotes BETTER play actually. and without the giant "Interrupt now!" in DBM...a lot of guilds would fail just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats funny every single paragon video ive seen the healer or there hunter PoV seems to be using them

Because when DBM tells you everything to do in an encounter, for me at least it tends to make me not pay attention as much.

If i'm actively watching what is going on in a fight I will not lose focus and make sure to keep my raid up.
    So, people see DBM alerts without paying attention? How does it works? They are playing, and decide to eat potato chips, and leave, being lazy, then DBM print that on the bag of snacks, and the lazy-ass do a special bite that cause his character, away in the computer to respond properly?
    Yeah, can't buy that... Still looking as prejudice to make people feel superior for not using...
    Specially considering that lots of things already have build in-game alert. That makes it look even as a weak prejudice.