Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So I guess ground mounts are pretty much pointless now?

I don't see a reason for them really. Other than a few dungeons where you can use them for a short jog they will never be used once you get a flying mount.

Would be nice if there were a reason for them after lvl 60.

Just a thought...

Not when you want to show off a good one =]
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

What do you have in mind? would you rather take flight paths and use ground mounts again? i wouldn't.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Battlegrounds

Tol Barad... Enough said.
    | HAF-X Case | MSI Z77 MPOWER | Intel 3770k Overclock to 4.2 | ADATA DDR3 1600 8GB |
    | MSI 970 Gaming | Corsair 1200AX | Triple Asus 242h 23.6" |
    | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Keyboard | Razer Mamba Mouse |

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlegrounds maybe.

Deleted
    Tol Barad is all I can think off

Also some caves such as the daily area in Deepholme allows you to use ground mounts but not flying ones.

Don't forget the new pvp area Tol Barad is ground mounts only. If you win consistently than you'd spend 18 of your daily quests there alone.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    Tol Barad is all I can think off
    Damn, Beat me to it

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still more proud of sitting around on my Amani War Bear than any dragon I have.

Deleted
    Tol Barad, Show Off, Lost City and other instances, BG's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    What do you have in mind? would you rather take flight paths and use ground mounts again? i wouldn't.
    I rather have flight paths and ground mounts... It would mean return of real world pvp and not just one forced zone, and plus this would actually allow you to see the world, and do the content properly as opposed to fly, drop off kill 1 mob fly away. Flying mounts we're, and still are a terrible idea, and the advantages definitely do not outweigh the downside they brought.
    Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta agree. Battlegrounds and Tol Barad. And even Wintergrasp.

For those of us that mainly do PvP, and not just Arena, ground mounts are still very much needed. Can't live without them.

Yeah I bust out my ZG Tiger anytime I can. Makes me feel like a winner ^^

There is also Silvermoon/Eversong, Exodar, etc. that are ground mount only, and as has been said Tol Barad, BGs, etc.

Battlegrounds, TB, arena... and some people like showing off their ground mounts.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Aervalis View Post
    I'm still more proud of sitting around on my Amani War Bear than any dragon I have.
    what he said

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Battlegrounds, TB, arena... and some people like showing off their ground mounts.
    Yeap, Spectral mounts and etc

Ground mount: Some instances. All BGs. All arenas. Tol Barad. Wintergrasp.

Flying mount: Using gathering professions. Questing in leveling zones. Flying to raids.

I'd say the uses for both mounts are limited since you don't actually have to travel a lot once at 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade View Post
    I rather have flight paths and ground mounts... It would mean return of real world pvp and not just one forced zone, and plus this would actually allow you to see the world, and do the content properly as opposed to fly, drop off kill 1 mob fly away. Flying mounts we're, and still are a terrible idea, and the advantages definitely do not outweigh the downside they brought.
    There wasn't world PvP before flying in Azeroth. My server actually has a ton more world PvP now than it used to. As for seeing the world, I would also argue flying in Azeroth makes you see more of the world, instead of just following roads on ground mounts, not being able to go over mountains, trees, etc., and then when you take the flight paths most people just afk, window tab, whatever, and don't see anything.