Warlock burst going to be thru the roof with 4pc PvE

PvE warlock 4-piece set bonus (Fel Spark)
    The PvE warlock 4-piece set bonus (Fel Spark) now increases the damage done by the next 2 Fel Flame spells by 300%, rather than increasing the critical effect chance of one by 100%. (Source)

So what's stopping destro locks to run around in 4pc PvE and full offset PvP and achieve 2.5k resil yet being able to rng some 66k chaos bolts?

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 01:21 PM ----------

Unless I'm mistaken, whereby Fel Flame itself is referred to as the ability instead of the type of spell.

---------- Post added 2011-01-11 at 01:27 PM ----------

But again, even if it's the ability, it would probs crit for close to 30k with the proc up G.G
    Last edited by Togepii; 2011-01-11 at 01:48 PM.

It's actually a spell that does around 6 k , instant and it's nothing that hits like a truck. Nothing to worie about imo

Ice lance will still do more damage than a 4 pc fel flame.

its made to knock down totems or keep rogues in combat.

Deleted
    fellflame hits for 3 - 3.5k dmg per hit.
    With the 4pc setbonus it will be 9k hit - count in resi, count in low crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii View Post
    But again, even if it's the ability, it would probs crit for close to 30k with the proc up G.G
    Well someone doesn't actually know the ability he's complaining about.

Great idea, make a thread pissing and moaning about a change to a class you know nothing about then chain-edit the original post so you don't look retarded.

I have had fel flame crit me for 10k.

Chaos bolt is classified under the fel flame category, so it could go either way.

So what's stopping destro locks to run around in 4pc PvE and full offset PvP and achieve 2.5k resil yet being able to rng some 66k chaos bolts?
    ummm.... dieing because you'de have like 2 resil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian View Post
    Great idea, make a thread pissing and moaning about a change to a class you know nothing about then chain-edit the original post so you don't look retarded.
    Idk I'm still not seeing to much idea of how it actually works even after the editing.

This thread has failed. The OP didn't know what the bonus was referring to.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I have had fel flame crit me for 10k.

Chaos bolt is classified under the fel flame category, so it could go either way.
    See, this is why you shouldn't make statments when you're clueless about abilities or the class.

Fel Flame is, rather simply, a spell. Not a cathegory. Chaos Bolt is a spell, not a cathegory. Shadowflame is a cathegory AND a separate warlock spell. Fire is a cathegory. Shadow is a cathegory.
    The ability Chaos Bolt does fire damage. That's it. It used to be Chaos elemental damage, but was reverted to Fire because they couldn't get Chaos to work.
    The ability Fel Flames is an instant cast that does Shadowflame damage. The damage is adjusted according to spell resistance on the target, so if a target got 100 fire resistance and 99 shadow resistance, it does the damage as shadow damage, and the other way around if the resistances were turned around.

So, simply put, the 4p PVE bonus just boosts one ability: Fel Flame, not Chaos Bolt and they're not in the same cathegory either.

In simple terms, Fel Flame is abyssmal. You're not going to eat 20k crits on targets with resilience, chances are, you'd barely be able to do that on a target with no resilience and it's not going to crit often either.
    Bonus is awful, you should've been more worried if the other high-damage abilities were chosen with a 300% damage increase.

Why would anyone take the fel flame 4pc over the death coil CD 4pc?

I know I mixed up the category/ability. But let's move past that.

Fel Flame itself HITS for about 6k at the moment. Crits for around 10k. It is effectively better than icelance in that sense.

Now imagine it being buffed 300% for 2 hits. Both critting, it would be 30k+30k=60k. 60k is rougly 50% of the enemy target's health. In 2 GCDs u down him by 50% with DoTs ticking. Even a mage cannot do that insane burst. This would make it a must have for say RLS because of the comp's innert reliance on extreme damage pressure.

30k reduced by resil down to 20k? 17k? Furthermore, the proc rate is 2% off of two dots, one of which is spec specific... And as an affliction lock, you don't do a great deal of immolate casting, so it's pretty much 2% across the board. Finally, given current crit ratings the odds of both casts critting is pretty damn long, which knocks it down to something in the mid to high 20k range on average as a total from both casts.

I'd rather have the added resil and Death Coil CD reduction. >.>
    Last edited by Phraun; 2011-01-12 at 09:49 AM.

People are going to shred you if you drop 4 pieces of pvp gear as a warlock, just saying.

Deleted
    If you are going to use your 4pc PvE set bonus for PvP as a warlock, you fail at life.

However, warlocks felt so bad about their set bonuses, I want to thank you from the deepest, darkest depths of my rotten heart that you try so hard to cheer us up. Thank you!

Fel flame =/= Chaos bolt

Here's the spell

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77799

It hit for 2k in pvp, 4k when it crit, with the proc it will hit for 6k, crit for 12k. What's the problem ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked for pointless and largely incorrect QQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE