Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thing WoW should take from DC universe online

Topic sounds ridiculous but what I mean that there is ability to change your looks keeping the stats of your current armor
    In game it works that if you equipped some item once it saved in "style" tab so then when you pick up better weapon you can still pick moedl of previous one
    Discuss :3

Level 85s tanking in tuxedos? No.

There are actually a lot of games that have that feture for example Aion has it also . Wow could take good ideas from a lot of games but the designers would rather just spend time nerfing classes or totally changing classes every single patch rather then just coming up with cool new ideas and game fuctionality .

Quote Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
    Level 85s tanking in tuxedos? HELL YEAH!
    Fixed.

The appearance tab has been proposed many times and has a very large topic on the official forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes yes yes this 1000% this is actually an old feature. Another MMO that no longer exists Earth Eternal allowed you to take one piece of gear and re-forge the stats from another piece of gear onto it. Like say I could take Thunderfury: Blessed Blade of the Windseeker and reforge the stats and such onto it from some other higher level weapon keeping the original graphic and name but with all the equip bonus of the now destroyed higher level item. God the customization that could be allowed for....Paladins in full T2 graphic or hell my Deathknight in a full tux with haliscan brimmed hat that has the stats of my Heroic 346 gear hahaha.

Brb making post on official forums suggestions board.
    For the Worgen! Furries of WoW unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    There are actually a lot of games that have that feture for example Aion has it also . Wow could take good ideas from a lot of games but the designers would rather just spend time nerfing classes or totally changing classes every single patch rather then just coming up with cool new ideas and game fuctionality .
    That's probably why this game is so successful. Instead of spending resources on gimmicky superficial features, they do a lot of work on fundamental gameplay.

yh you calling class balance which works like "this class sucks let's make it op -> this class too op let's hit him with nerf truck -> this class sucks let's make it op -> ... " fundamental
    appearance tab isn't that much of a job for blizz..week or two and that's all

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    That's probably why this game is so successful. Instead of spending resources on gimmicky superficial features, they do a lot of work on fundamental gameplay.
    With how much money Blizzard makes a month, there is no reason they cannot hire or set aside 2-3 developers to add in a way to reforge item graphics as well as item stats hell it can just be added to the current Reforge system!
    For the Worgen! Furries of WoW unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because the class design team is the same as the feature design(Forget the actual name of it x_X) team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragen View Post
    With how much money Blizzard makes a month, there is no reason they cannot hire or set aside 2-3 developers to add in a way to reforge item graphics as well as item stats hell it can just be added to the current Reforge system!
    "How more people at it" is generally a bad idea.

That said, I wish my T11 looked like T5, 6, or 10.

Nah, I like that your armor is your armor is your armor. It seems to me though, they could have an easy time adding dyes so you could match your gear. Probably would fall under inscription or alchemy.

Then just fire their current armor designer. Fire him and brand his bum with 'fail'. I really don't like their armor designs, and their modern weapon designs are even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tuxedos aren't really WoW style but overall it is a good idea. Would like it a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I just wished there was flying pvp, though there'd prob be balance issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Nah, I like that your armor is your armor is your armor. It seems to me though, they could have an easy time adding dyes so you could match your gear. Probably would fall under inscription or alchemy.

Then just fire their current armor designer. Fire him and brand his bum with 'fail'. I really don't like their armor designs, and their modern weapon designs are even worse.
    "Lets fire Frank from Art who has been working here for 5 years because Rukh from MMO-Champion hates how the gear looks!"

You are so right... Blizzard should abandon class balance so we can look cool... Great idea.

Just imagine if you had a favorite set of armor say for example Paladin tier 6 or warlock tier 6 and you could reforge your tier 11 stats onto that gear and keep wearing it ...that would be so awesome

I guess a lot of people hate that guy
    I'm sure he remained sane only when made mage,war and dk t11 and then he said "screw it" and got drunk/high
    I mean look at all hunter wotlk sets
    apart from naxx one and t9 (which wasn't cool just neutral) they all sucked
    I also want to point at first dk pvp set

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize that classes got a complete overhaul on one patch, right? You know. The one that came with Cataclysm? They don't do this every patch.
    Just letting you know what to expect.
    Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant. -Edgar Allan Poe

Deleted
    I'd love something to change the look or reforge the item to look different. I mean, really... the Paladin Justice Vendor bought Helm makes you look like Luminére from Beauty and the Beast! That's not too bad, but it always sends me off into tirades of singing 'Beeeee.... our GUEST!' everytime I see it! O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragen View Post
    It's not that they don't have the time/money for it, it's that they don't want to have that feature. Sure, it'd be cool to have every single toon running around in Paladin T2, but that's not the issue. Blizz wants gear to mean something other than stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".

I always thought it would be fun to have a feature where you could place up to 8 armor items in a window, press a button and have them transformed into an item that equipped to your shirt slot. While wearing this shirt, it would appear as if you had those 8 items equipped instead of whatever else you are wearing. Also this would help a ton on bank space taken up by old raid gear too sexy to throw away.
    Obviously you're not a golfer...