Question Baron Ashbury bug ?

I've been trying SFK hc for 2 days. Out of 10 times I died 9 times on the 1st Asphyxiate.(xxx overkill) Just when I land I instantly die,while everyone else stays on 1%. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong ? I'm a hunter.

Maybe you're using some kind of buff that damages you? I've died once from using Unholy Frenzy when he put the spell on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakepie View Post
    Maybe you're using some kind of buff that damages you? I've died once from using Unholy Frenzy when he put the spell on me.
    This basicly, got killed by asphyxiate 9 times in a row before I noticed I had unglyphed death wish on, increasing dmg taken by 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Propelled View Post
    This basicly, got killed by asphyxiate 9 times in a row before I noticed I had unglyphed death wish on, increasing dmg taken by 5%
    I thought of that but I can't seem to find an ability that increases dmg done to me or does dmg to me.
    The spells I'm using are : kill command,bestial wrath,arcane shot,serpent sting and cobra shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    try looking in your talents and glyphs as well, other then that maybe healers tend to hate you and you die from the first tick of "stay of execution"

Quote Originally Posted by Backreaper View Post
    try looking in your talents and glyphs as well, other then that maybe healers tend to hate you and you die from the first tick of "stay of execution"
    stay of execution heals you..
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I've had the same problem with dying to the extra tick on my Unholy Death Knight. I haven't been able to figure out why I'm the only one that dies, and why it happens every time.

However, I have noticed that during the Asphyxiate, if I turn my ghoul to passive where he isn't attacking when I drop back down, I don't die. I've tried doing this, and it has worked 3/3 for me. I'm not sure if it is just a bug with pets, or if there is some other mechanic that is killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzzug View Post
    I've had the same problem with dying to the extra tick on my Unholy Death Knight. I haven't been able to figure out why I'm the only one that dies, and why it happens every time.

However, I have noticed that during the Asphyxiate, if I turn my ghoul to passive where he isn't attacking when I drop back down, I don't die. I've tried doing this, and it has worked 3/3 for me. I'm not sure if it is just a bug with pets, or if there is some other mechanic that is killing us.
    to answer this

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cakepie View Post
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Never experienced any bugs on him.
    Yes I've died once due to unholy frenzy because I didn't knew the mechanic of the fight.

Now I simply do not use it at all. That fight is all about interrupting heals anyway.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreakz View Post
    to answer this

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 10:25 PM ----------

I died on the fight on my unholy dk and I definitely didn't use unholy frenzy (well, I did the first attempt and died so I was like "well that was fail"). I checked recount and it says what killed me was a melee from fetid ghoul. We cleared all the trash before the boss so they only thing I could think was that my ghoul turned traitor on me and tried to murder me.

Aren't the Fetid Ghouls in the room above?

Maybe for some bizzare reason your pet gets aggro but by some mechanic of the fight you end up with the mob targetting you. Evading mobs will often get a random hit on you even through walls/floors/whatever other obstacle.