Poll: What is your Favorite Tanking Class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Favorite Tanking Class?

Simply, what is your favorite Tanking Class and why?
    -What makes you enjoy this one over the others?

Warrior. Big utility, big mobility, big survivability. Can't really beat that as far as tanks go.

Warrior. We're cooler than druids, more alive than DK's, and dumber than Pally's. Warriors ftw ;D

Real answer: best mobility, snap threat (IMO), and for the following reasons;

-Never had a good bear tank, I'm used to them sucking
    -Had many run ins with death-tard tanks
    -Pally's just never seemed as good as warriors :/

Warriors, tons of stuns/interrupts, a ton of mobility for OTing and grabbing adds and still make great MTs

Warrior. Big utility, big mobility, big survivability. Can't really beat that as far as tanks go.

Deleted
    Death Knight. Because self healing is cewl :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, seems as though everyone has some great words about warriors.
    -I remember before patch 4.0.1 or so, I had an easy time tanking on my warrior, then took a break, came back, and had a difficult time keeping aggro, etc.
    --Then again this was the players fault >.<

That's because they made threat something you had to care about. Pre-Cata, pulling a mob in a WotLK dungeon meant nothing, a warrior could Thunder Clap once and get 2000% aggro. Now they've made it harder, so we actually have to use our abilities ;D

As I Healer, I prefer to Heal Warriors.

Original Vanilla Tanks?????

Assign me to heal a Warrior and I giggity goo all over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha good point, I was tanking on my Druid the other night, was getting complaints about the tough healing =/.
    -Though this is different in many cases / instances.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior no contest. And this isn't just some biased dude that's only played warrior speaking. I've had tanks of all four classes. My druid is resto now because I don't find druid tanking to be even remotely as fun as warrior tanking. My DK is unholy now because I found DK tanking to be really dull as well. My paladin is retired because I can't find any paladin spec that is fun.

i like beaing a warrior atm just pounding that dmg so hard that i put pug dps ppl in BH to shame.

also having a mastery that only get better the more you have is also awsome

What? im the only lover of Druid tanks? and im a healer? wut.. Really good geared druids have allways had very stable damage taken. For Instance Dodge is a huge stat for bear druids, making them take or not take damage, easy to heal. Mastery is a pure absorb and is very nice if the bear druid doesnt dodge. Warrior, pala and dk have parry, block and dodge which IMO makes the damage unpredictable and harder to time heals.

For mobility id pick a warrior any day, Feral druids arent far behind though.
    Dks and paladins are miles behind in mobility but they bring a bit more "aoe" abilities and spells than warriors and ferals do.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, warrior AOE threat is currently the highest. What paladins bring that warriors don't is might / kings and divine guardian. I have seen prot paladins that don't take divine guardian and that's just insane to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm, interesting.
    -Don't get me wrong, I love druid tanking, it's a fun thing to do.
    --But by what most people are posting is, prot warriors are the most flexible and what, fun? Which this is of course a huge factor

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Nah, warrior AOE threat is currently the highest. What paladins bring that warriors don't is might / kings and divine guardian. I have seen prot paladins that don't take divine guardian and that's just insane to me.
    Prot paladins also have HoP, HoF and HoS (hand of freedom, hand of sacrifice and hand of salvation.) Lay on hands which is an instant 170k heal if ur a tank.
    Paladins also got a 3target silence, unlimited target 3second stun on undead, demon, elemental and dragonkin. (kinda like shockwave) Healing is very effective aswell.
    Those are all abilities in the prot paladins arsenal which i find quite handy.
    Agree? ^^

I had one of each tanking class (all 3 at 70 during BC and all 4 at 80 during Wrath) and by far I've enjoyed Warrior tanking the most from vanilla all the way to Cata (so far though my computer died before I could finish my warrior /sadface).

Quote Originally Posted by Lawke View Post
    Hrm, interesting.
    -Don't get me wrong, I love druid tanking, it's a fun thing to do.
    --But by what most people are posting is, prot warriors are the most flexible and what, fun? Which this is of course a huge factor
    Yeah i suppose warrior is the most fun to play since you can move around so easily.
    Im a healer and from a healers perspective im going to say i prefer druid tanks over let's say dk tanks. And yes i also play a feral druid as an alt and i find it fun to play that aswell. Not favoring my own alt ofc, simply speaking as a healer.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2011-01-13 at 03:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'll have to check out that Prot Warrior Guide, and maybe give my Warrior a few runs .
    -And I know this is Off Topic, and kinda misleading from the poll, but..
    I couldn't say I would want to Tank 24/7 on the class, you have to have at least enjoy the other specs the class has to offer, am I right?

I favor dks because all my toons are casters and playing as a dk gives me more of a caster feel than I get as any of the other tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by roflzore
    so freya hard mode in tier 8.5 was a compleed walk in the park ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansib0i
    Judging by her surroundings.. yeah, it was a walk in the park.

I have always preffered healing warrior tanks but find playing pally tanks easier.