Poll: what will you do?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would sacrifice myself after about 9 minutes of talking to my friends. (if thats possible)
    Who wouldn't do it for his/her friends/family?
    Last edited by mmoc9566fc74c9; 2011-01-15 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo
    billion lives are kinda more significant than 1.
    Since when?
    Wooord! Killing yourself is hard to do.

Deleted
    Honestly, i wouldn't do much.. Id bring the world down with me. If i can't live then why should anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantooth View Post
    Heh, so much faux-nihilism going on in here. "FUCK THE WORLD MAN, MY MOM MAKES ME CLEAN MY ROOM AND I DON'T FUCKING CARE!".

Save the world. Go down in history. If there were women on the ship, what self respecting woman would ever want to spend time with such a great coward? Become something on Earth, or become nothing in Space.
    This. too many people in the WoW community are delusional thinking they are among the top teir of humans to have ever existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me a gun and a blowjob and we have a deal.
    Vol'jin fanboy

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Where's the option for "Save the universe by letting humanity be destroyed"?
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Id save themm while i wouldnt have an objection for the few billion asholes to die there are people i care more for thenn myself. Id save themm that the rest gets saved is yust a side effect

Deleted
    Depends.
    Even thought there are shit people inhabiting my dear planet, i just might do the ultimate sacrifice.

Where it began

Where it ends

Alternate Timeline

Pick your choice.

But to be honest, i'd rather be remembered for thousands of years to come and life among the legends rather than a miserable life piloting a 1-man starship across the vastness trying to scavenge shit from other possible species.

Unless universe is like Hitchiker's x)
    Last edited by mmoc807ad8907f; 2011-01-15 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    so you are in a spaceship(alone) and the planet is going to blow up, you have 10 minutes to do something that will kill you but save the planet and humanity. so will you kill yourself to save everyone else?

if you choose to not die you will runway to outer space all alone.(food and water are not a problem)
    It all depends on the future that you're going to have. Food - tasteless pills just to keep you alive? Or feasts of w/e you want? Air - spending 100% in a spacesuit or walking freely? Maintenance - chance of ship breaking and you being fucked up? Entertainment value - is there anything to do on the ship?

Basically if the future life is gonna suck - might as well die now.
    If the future life is gonna be good - I'm not killing myself to save tons of morons.

Corrupt and greedy people rule this world.
    There is war, disease, and hunger everywhere with no signs that it will ever stop.
    We fight over religion, money, territory, and oil.

I would say let the world burn. However I wouldn't want to live without other people or knowing that my home planet has been destroyed, so I would die with everyone...reguardless of how much food/water I have.

Poor original question. If there was your family, friends and their friends (you need to be able to meet new people to avoid a level of stagnation) also on the spaceship then it is a different question, and one which is more of 'does humanity deserve to be saved'. Although you may save a few thousand there will be billions dead as well as humanity. The human race would survive but the incarnation of humanity which it spawns would be very different from that which exists at the moment.

Do you feel humanity would benefit from a big 'reset'.

From a resource perspective you and your descendents will not run out of food, water, energy etc and the spaceship has plenty of extra space. You the positions of several earth like planets so recolonisation on a new world is a possibility.

The alternative is that you have the ability to stop the destruction of humanity in 100 years time with your death. So if you choose you can continue your life as normal and be long dead before the end of the world. Nobody except you will know of this decision so you are not going to be hounded by angry mob for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in my life I live only for my sisters and brothers.
    If I had to die for them, I would 100 times over.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how the space actually looks like, without knowledge of that.. Die like a hero, get like sick $$$ for my family and my name will be in the history books for ever. There will even be several statues of you, imagine like the statue of liberty.

Or if you belive that the world will end in 2012, F it

Deleted
    Since i'll probably go insane after 10 years in outer space... I'll save the world.

Wouldn't even have to think twice about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by op3l View Post
    Seeing as how you'd die either way... I'd save the world.

If the world blows up... where you going to go? Is there 100 years of food/water/entertainment/women on the ship? If not... hello death.
    There's pretty much nothing that I can add to this reply... Except maybe that there also would be no 100 year supply of WoW on the ship. Now that is something that will bring us all down sooner then anything!

the human kind is bound to eventually perish unless something extraordinary takes place, while letting them die presents an interesting opportunity -

if you say food and water are not a problem and you are on a spaceship means technology has advanced quite a lot and you will surely live very long. having unlimited resources and the ability to visit other planets greatly increases the odds of finding another civilization and continue the human species either via help from foreign technology or by mixing human DNA with alien one.

in addition if you are on such a ship and no one else is, means you are quite smart to avoid such fate(considering that the "annihilation" doesnt just pop out of thin air), thus your children will inherit your "rich" DNA and hopefully create a better world, than the one that just destroyed itself.

Deleted
    I would let the world explode, afther that i will kill my self.

then we just continue beeing a noob in heaven or hell all together.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 05:56 PM ----------

the qeustion is how will we get childeren if you are all alone.

To quote one of my favorate books (Eragon) "No strangers life is more important than my own"
    to put it into prespective, theres maybee a hundred or two people i'd miss, but several billion more i wouldnt. i reckon i can live with that guilt.

Edit: after further thaught i think i may be willing to sacrafice myself for my partner. "maybee" mwuhaha
    Last edited by chunkycarl; 2011-01-15 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    Yes there is a WoW server.

However, you can't raid/pvp alone you need to get anything obtained with professions from only your characters, and no future WoW updates will be released.

The real choice is between dieing a meaningful death, even if you are the only one who knows about it, or prolonging the inevitable, living a long lonely life, and having your death stand for nothing.
    You can always hack.