Tweaking frost PVE

This post will almost certainly be lost and forgotten, but I'd still like to know what you all think of a couple tweaks.

Deep freeze grants a buff when it deals damage, for 30s that increases the proc rate of fingers of frost by X % (adjust as needed) and increases the maximum number of charges the mage can hold by 3 or 4 (adjust the number as needed).

I don't know exact numbers, so I won't speculate on what ought to be right to bring frost pve in line, but these changes would not buff frost in pvp AT ALL. So they seem innocuous enough.

I think the increase on the number of fingers of frost charges is useful because you sometimes waste charges when you cast freeze and a fingers of frost procs on a frostbolt being cast. Increasing the cap would give more breathing room there, it would not be transferable to pvp as there are no permanently immune targets in pvp.

Not sure about what else could be tweaked, but the idea of granted extra buffs when deep freeze does damage is an easy way to specifically target pve aspects of frost, be it increasing the proc chance and limits of fingers of frost, adding haste for a time, or mastery, or damage, or whatever else. It would be a trivially easy thing to balance if blizzard cared about frost pve damage parity.

PS - Please all mages petition to make ONE of the practice dummies permanently immune to stuns, please, PLEASE !!!!!!

I've posted similar threads on frost pve buffing, and I don't think that deep freeze is the answer. We need the buff we are getting in PTR, more frostbolt damage, more consistent damage that is not reliant on whether or not the target is immune to stuns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, we could make DF do 0 threat and x10 it's damage.

Making frost viable in pve isn't hard. I know, i am not a develloper or anything, and i know squat in programming, but imo it isn't hard to this spec viable. We could have a "sniper training" thingy, if you don't move for 15 sec you gain "statue of ice" buff, making all your frost damage do 9% more dammage, and granting frostbolt another 15% chance to proc fof.

I mean, i don't know, i just propose things like that, but clearly blizzard didn't put enough thought in this spec ( in pve )

i've mentioned this in another post as well... i agree with you. i think toying with deep freeze is the easiest way to adjust frost damage in pve. i think another viable approach is when deep freeze does damage, it lowers its cool down by x amount. pretty simple buff that won't change anything in pvp.

Making frostbolt hit harder is the main thing we need. We need, essentially, not to be so reliant on crits and FoF/BF procs. The current changes on the PTR minus the DF nerf is pretty much what we need.