Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    From what I've read, it sounds like this is a lot like how Aion turned out. To the player-base it was aimed at, it did amazingly well. But those it wasn't designed for, it was a flop, which was likely predicted.
    I have played Aion, I loved almost everything about it, and I would have stuck with it if I hadn't invested so much into WoW already.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    But those it wasn't designed for, it was a flop, which was likely predicted.
    Thats because "those that it wasn't designed for" are pretty much all WoW players just waiting for a new WoW.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Of course is DC online bad...

There hasn't been a single serious, non-cartoony, herp-a-derp DC based comic game that was good, besides Batman: Arkam Asylum.

I've seen it, had a friend in the beta... The game is too flashy, too gimicky and fighting a long with a bunch of classic superheroes, and then some random home-made super hero in a pink body suit called captain E-peen just makes you facedesk.

Oh and of course this: http://www.gucomics.com/comic/?cdate=20101011

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

looked pretty damn good when TB was in BETA

I'm sure a large portion of WoW's playerbase first MMO was WoW. In this case many people aren't used to new MMOs, in a sense it almost takes a whole new generation for the "NEXT MMO" to come out. WoW is coming close to its gaming age but in the end people need to realize WoW is the same thing at the end ALL THE TIME. Different Bosses same thing.. However games like DC Universe and potentially RIFT offer things WoW cannot do w/o it being a different game all together.

Give games time and all these "bugs and issues" will be fixed just as Blizzard did when WoW first came out. Whats that? You didn't join WoW till WotLK? Hmm.. guess you know so much about how MMOs are suppose to be good when released that you should go make your own?

Who cares if YOU think DC universe sucks? People are having more fun than they would be in WoW. Does that make WoW a bad game? No, but certainly doesn't make DC Universe a bad game for people enjoying WoW.

WoW owes alot of its popularity to ideas from other games that they polished themselves that even to this day they have flaws and balance issues.

Also stop making posts about a game without trying it or atleast giving it more than a few minutes of your worthless time. Why do gaming companies charge for games? Same reason you pay for your Food/Car etc.. Because they're a company that need to make money to pay their hard working employees. Free to play games? Games that go Free To play require large job cuts and a decline in development begins to show. LoTRO and D&D got good because they're slightly older games that had large amount of content out there thanks to the few that did play the game. Most games do not to be Pay To play for more than a few years as development costs are easily met for, non-failure games that have produced a large amount of content. Maybe we'll see DC Universe go F2P in the future but I say enjoy it now because most games beginning zones offer the most fun in a game (like Vanilla in WoW).

Quote Originally Posted by Worpig View Post
    I'm sure a large portion of WoW's playerbase first MMO was WoW. In this case many people aren't used to new MMOs, in a sense it almost takes a whole new generation for the "NEXT MMO" to come out. WoW is coming close to its gaming age but in the end people need to realize WoW is the same thing at the end ALL THE TIME. Different Bosses same thing.. However games like DC Universe and potentially RIFT offer things WoW cannot do w/o it being a different game all together.

Give games time and all these "bugs and issues" will be fixed just as Blizzard did when WoW first came out. Whats that? You didn't join WoW till WotLK? Hmm.. guess you know so much about how MMOs are suppose to be good when released that you should go make your own?

Who cares if YOU think DC universe sucks? People are having more fun than they would be in WoW. Does that make WoW a bad game? No, but certainly doesn't make DC Universe a bad game for people enjoying WoW.

WoW owes alot of its popularity to ideas from other games that they polished themselves that even to this day they have flaws and balance issues.

Also stop making posts about a game without trying it or atleast giving it more than a few minutes of your worthless time. Why do gaming companies charge for games? Same reason you pay for your Food/Car etc.. Because they're a company that need to make money to pay their hard working employees. Free to play games? Games that go Free To play require large job cuts and a decline in development begins to show. LoTRO and D&D got good because they're slightly older games that had large amount of content out there thanks to the few that did play the game. Most games do not to be Pay To play for more than a few years as development costs are easily met for, non-failure games that have produced a large amount of content. Maybe we'll see DC Universe go F2P in the future but I say enjoy it now because most games beginning zones offer the most fun in a game (like Vanilla in WoW).
    this post is full of accusations and lies....bravo troll

Don't troll. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-01-18 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    says the troll.. he's right play the game before nagging.

Great post. Totally agree.

Again a worthless post by jeremynative without any explanation or arguments to back up his statements = troll?

Quote Originally Posted by lighteraser View Post
    says the troll.. he's right play the game before nagging.
    Yeah, I find it funny too, one of the worst trolls I have ever seen. Maybe he's just mad because he was expecting everyone to agree with his QQ about DCUO. Think again, loads of people are loving the game even though it has bugs and flaws atm (recently launched?)
    Last edited by Grable; 2011-01-18 at 09:20 AM.

so you are saying dont compare wow and Dc universe online and then you say to compare them? cool story bro
    Are you really that stupid?
    Read what i said again.. Then when you're done, read it again.. When you've read it again, slap yourself to make sure your brain hasnt frozen, then read it again.
    Now that you've hopefully gotten it into your head, go make a useful post that might help improve this game that YOU bought that YOU'RE playing better.
    If not, then piss off.

There.. I've spoken to you in asshole language, hope that helps you understand.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    i reached level 30 a couple of days ago. i enjoyed the leveling process and outdoor pvp ...but at level 30 it just went way down hill for me...it requires too much time to be invested in order to get slightly better gear compared to that which drops from doing normal duos (2 man instances)...

it takes like from 30min-1hour+ to do the alerts (3-4 man instances) after you finish one you get one "emblem" it requires between 40-60"emblems" to get one gear peice out of like 12 peices which means you need to spend 25-50 hours constantly grinding for one peice meaning you need to spend between 300 and 600 hours constantly grinding for a full set of slightly better gear...

comparing this to wow it would be like doing 45 heroics before you get one epic item which is only slightly better than the blue you were using before...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i reached level 30 a couple of days ago. i enjoyed the leveling process and outdoor pvp ...but at level 30 it just went way down hill for me...it requires too much time to be invested in order to get slightly better gear compared to that which drops from doing normal duos (2 man instances)...

it takes like from 30min-1hour+ to do the alerts (3-4 man instances) after you finish one you get one "emblem" it requires between 40-60"emblems" to get one gear peice out of like 12 peices which means you need to spend 25-50 hours constantly grinding for one peice meaning you need to spend between 300 and 600 hours constantly grinding for a full set of slightly better gear...

comparing this to wow it would be like doing 45 heroics before you get one epic item which is only slightly better than the blue you were using before...
    Ah... such comments are to be expected on World of Warcraft forums...

Guess what, not every game is easy epics. Vanilla used to be like this... and I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

At the same time people would complain if you got fully geared out in only a few weeks. They need to start the game with enough content to go for months. Really its a double edged sword -- this said 300 hours isn't a lot in a MMO to spend gearing/playing and overall enjoying yourself.

It takes about 18 days to get one epic, the cheapest item, from Valor Points if you do your Heroic everyday and no raids. Lets say 1 hour a Heroic that is 18 hours for the cheapest item and. The most expensive will take you 32 days or 32 hours for that one item. That doesn't sound too different.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2011-01-18 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Ah... such comments are to be expected on World of Warcraft forums...

Guess what, not every game is easy epics. Vanilla used to be like this... and I loved it.
    Excuse me, vanilla wasn't hard. Pvp was a complete joke and pve was unorganised and repetitive encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    It takes about 18 days to get one epic from Valor Points if you do your Heroic everyday and no raids. Lets say 1 hour a Heroic that is 18 hours for the cheapest item. That doesn't sound too much different.
    18 hours in wow for the cheapest . if an alert took the player 1 hour to complete it would take 45hours for the cheapest item in dcuo thats over double the time required...
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-01-18 at 12:07 PM.

I been gaming for a long time, played a many mmos before wow (yes Im vanilla too) however DCUO offers nothing special that the other games are missing. It is very mediocre. I have played the beta for months and put my input as far as corrections, but that game is nothing more than a button masher. Besides the fact that they REFUSE to have a different UI between PC and PS3, the game is still buggy, navigating through the different cities is horrendous, and the lack of customization of your character leaves more to be desired. This will be hot for PS3 for a few months but it will fail miserably on PC. Ultimately its just a lame duck that did not live up to expectations.

Deleted
    Unfortunately I have to quote from TotalBiscuit here:

"The only thing that will kill WoW is WoW"

Quote Originally Posted by wadokai View Post
    nope there is no "trial" in the way wow has. you will have to buy the game first. you will get 1 month free but you will have to add a payment methode straight away. otherwise the 1 month wont be activated.
    or find someone who has bought the game and gotten a free trial code to give out.

they're completely different games tbh, you can't really compare the two, but DCUO has decent graphics atleast (cough)

Quote Originally Posted by g1ner View Post
    Unfortunately I have to quote from TotalBiscuit here:

"The only thing that will kill WoW is WoW"
    Unfortunately I have to quote anyone with half a brain:

"Games, even MMOs, don't have to kill WoW."

18 hours in wow for the cheapest . if an alert took the player 1 hour to complete it would take 45hours for the cheapest item in dcuo thats over double the time required...
    The difference being Cataclysm launched with a lot more content to experience. Its hard to launch a brand new MMO with everything a game that has been running for 6 years has. They need this filler content its a necessity that only the biggest budget games could afford to ignore -- Blizzard products being an example, because they aren't on nearly as tight a schedule for release.

If you don't like it don't play it. Its not the same game its going to be harder its new.

That aside I wouldn't call playing any game a "grind". They're games and you play them to enjoy them -- if you don't go play/do something else.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2011-01-18 at 12:20 PM.

All this "new WoW" crap I keep seeing is fucking hilarious. I don't know if people truly believe that there is some imaginary "pedestal" that people think that the top dog MMO sits on, or if its just a metaphor for WoW nerds to use to show how "amazing" their game is, regardless of what people believe it is, its true form is ignorance and stupidity at best.

MMO's go in cycles or phases, and WoW has had a decent run so far. First it was Ultima Online, then (I believe) Everquest had a good run, before Starwars Galaxies was either a decent contender to MMO's, or even on the same level of popularity as Everquest. Now? The new entry on the cycle is WoW, and WoW has done more things right, than wrong. WoW is a dangling hook three-fold. It is a great MMO that many haven't experienced before, with a company that isn't retarded when it comes to business practices like Sony is, and the way it plays, is like bait on the dangling hook for some of the "fish" in the games community.

Point is, WoW is both really good, and almost really bad at the same time, but no one has gone to the next phase in the MMO cycle because all the MMO's have been sub-par, or rushed in hopes of "contending" with this supposed MMO giant, and almost everyone in the WoW community will sooner die before they admit another MMO is good, while a good chunk of the rest will curse and kick as they subtly move to a new MMO that has been released.

So please. Stop with all this bullshit about WoW being "top dog" right now, because the ONLY reason that has lasted as long as it is is due to the two things stated above. Really, did you honestly expect Aion or Age of Conan to do well? Both were either rushed, or offered very little in terms of mechanics, game play, or community.

WoW will, for a very long time, be played and enjoyed, regardless of what new big MMO comes out, thats why its a cycle. WoW will keep most of its fanboys and lovers, and some few stragglers, while the rest will move on in the cycle to the next MMO that is well polished, had time taken on it, and is very enjoyable at release.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2011-01-18 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Wait so the fans of that game didn't buy your story so you moved to the 'unbiased' fans of the game you're comparing it to, sounds to me like you just want people to agree with you.

Stop treating the game like WoW, it isn't.