15+ Year Old Account

Will no IMP SF gimp affic and demo?

title says it. demo already is in a very bad place. and will be worse with aoe nerf and i am guessing the SF take away. and what about affic. will this make destro the only viable spec now?

According simcrafting come 4.0.6 the numbers are within a few hundred dps of each others, so hardly "gimped".
    Ofc that depends how much faith you place in simcrafting, which sure as a theoretical measure can be fine, but it does not tend to reflect what average or even good players will reach.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll be able to pick up other talents in it's place, and it looks like they're buffing Fel Armor's Spellpower effect significantly. It's probable there may be further changes too as PTR patch isn't finished yet so we'll just have to wait and see.

Deleted
    taking 15% haste away and losing fel guard as raiding pet are great reasons to quit demo

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    it looks like they're buffing Fel Armor's Spellpower effect significantly.
    I missed this. Where does it say they're buffing the SP effect? I know about the HP regen.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

It doesn't get mentioned in the notes specifically, but those on the PTR are saying that at least according to the tooltip, and I would guess in actual testing too it has been increased substantially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I missed this. Where does it say they're buffing the SP effect? I know about the HP regen.
    Tooltip on the front page says it now gives 1420 SP. However, that doesn't actually appear to be the case on the PTR itself at the moment, so it could just be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Tooltip on the front page says it now gives 1420 SP. However, that doesn't actually appear to be the case on the PTR itself at the moment, so it could just be wrong.
    Strange, I just read that too. Anyway, it's not like that on ptr and I doubt devs think FA needs a buff... As far as I know they only intend to change the way HP is regenerated.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2011-01-16 at 11:58 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Strange, I just read that too. Anyway, it's not like that on ptr and I doubt devs think FA needs a buff... As far as I know they only intend to change the way HP is regenerated.
    Yeah, I thought it was a bit strange, especially since it wouldn't scale very well going further into the expansion - that's why I went and checked the PTR myself.

Quote Originally Posted by muikkukukko View Post
    taking 15% haste away and losing fel guard as raiding pet are great reasons to quit demo
    This is true. But i dont think blizz intents to allow the fel guard to remain crappy. they know its the demo pet choice and im sure they will do something to buff it so we can keep using it.

Short answer: No.
    Long answer: Not really.

The loss of haste is measured against the time you were wasting casting SF in the first place. Plus both specs are getting tweaks and fixes.

Im looking forward to Afflic Without ISF just because of the annoying amount of time I had to spend to keep the buff Up as well as getting SB:SoC back to use for aoe.

It does feel like Afflic needs something to burn shards on besides Felhunter/Succy switches. And I Wish they could fix Soul Swap to affect Curses, It would be just perfect imho.

Demo needs something to juice up the felguard. Legion strike changed to be a Multi-Swing instead of a cleave?

Losing ISF will ofc hurt demo dps when we look at it BUT we ll also be got rid of a buff which is a must to have for all 3 specs also doesnt stack with other effects(BL etc).So imo this change will prove right as the tier progress.And with mastery and inferno buffs and substracting sf cast time it should nt be a Very big nerf, i thnk numbers proves me right^^ i personally enjoyed my isf but i can live w/o it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post
    ... Plus both specs are getting tweaks and fixes....
    As I recall, demonology will see increased immolate duration (sorely needed) and improved mastery values, but I haven't seen any "tweaks and fixes" for affliction (unless you are counting the UA and CoEx nerfs). Could you please elaborate on this one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your definition of Gimp. To me, no, and it makes the specs much more fun to play (but I spend time in fights looking at who is taking damage and who is doing dps and who is not avoiding the avoidable mechanics)

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    (but I spend time in fights looking at who is taking damage and who is doing dps and who is not avoiding the avoidable mechanics)
    You should stop raiding 25 man content mate. Since we started doing 10 man only, I'm finally enjoying raiding without babysitting. We hardly explain tactics anymore since everyone knows what to do upon entering. I give a speedy recap and order the pull. Most fights are harder, but the difficulty is mitigated by the overal quality of the group.

15+ Year Old Account
    That came off as babysitting, but it's not. I don't raid as often as some people in the guild, so I'm looking to see what they're doing and copying it. But there are others in the guild who play less than I do so I'm making sure they know the fights. There are a few who always stand in the fire a second too long, so me seeing that allows me to answer "How did I die" or "How did he die?".

I kind of view my job in the guild as high-ish dps + strategy assistance :P If I don't, I worry about dps too much and end up failing (cough Festergut cough)

I can't stand 10m raiding. Not enough going on - it just feels empty.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand 10m raiding. Not enough going on - it just feels empty.
    This. So many times this.

Ten man, even with guildmates feels way too much like srs bsns too. 25s is much more relaxed, even when spending a whole evening wiping.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only time I don't like 25 man raiding is when one guy is having an off night and as a result we are losing a tight dps race, like the first time we did Artramedes. Especially when the only people you have to replace him are either missing or have zero experience on the fight and are liable to die too.

As you said Nocturnas, I see your point but I'd rather deal with the 1-2 people we eventually replace than the sparseness of 10m where I have to give 110% every single fight.

R.I.P. YARG

As you said Nocturnas, I see your point but I'd rather deal with the 1-2 people we eventually replace than the sparseness of 10m where I have to give 110% every single fight.
    I feel you there. 110% performance is indeed required to succesfully raid 10 man content. In our case it were more like 12-13 people who needed to be replaced in heroic content and when you're leading it's very frustrating too see that the few good people are carrying all that trash. In the end, it's less draining to give 110% than to babysit a crowd of ignorants.

I don't know honestly. If logistics wouldn't have been my responsibility I might have enjoyed 25 man raiding more too... Maybe...