Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard is good at balancing!

I've been doing BG's on my 85 Feral Druid for a few weeks now and the queue can take up to 40 minutes long to pop.

Then yesterday i jumped on my 63 Priest and decided to jump into a BG and it took about 5 minutes and it was a lot of fun getting 2 shotted by Rogues so i queue again and Bam! another 5 minute wait and i started thinking about why queue might be so much faster at level 63 then 85

The only reason i can think of(I'm not as smart as you guys so maybe you can help me think of new possibilities) is that Heroic queue takes forever and PvP people would gear up much faster then PvE and people may also BG just for the quicker queue

So, What do you guys think? possibility? Fair?

Discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooor maybe it's shorter because there are a lot less people at 63 than there are at 85.

Deleted
    I dont see quicker BG queues than RND invites. Not as a tank (doh) and not as a DD. DD and BG invites take about 25-35 minutes each time (@85).
    This also works the same for my priest alt that happens to be 68 now. Queue up as a healer and it takes about 10 minutes. Queue in BG about the same (rnd or holiday). Only shadow has increased wait time by about 50% but on 10min thats just another 5 min while questing.

That said: you CAN get gear in heroics while you WILL get gear doing pvp. Ive had my tank and dd heroic gear for my warrior since December but I still have one green item left in my DD gear and Im missing a STR ranged weapon as they are rnd-drop and the tank weapons (swoard and gun) havent dropped a single time in 10-15 runs of the respective dungeons. Now I go into a BG and dont get one sole item. I run again and again and there is a set limit to when I have my gear finished completely (blue gear). No RNG. I cant get any more JP items but Im still missing 3 pieces due to bad drop luck on two of them and others rolling on the third when it dropped.

Its not about "fair" as the game is about fun and not gear. Gear is a factor for fun but youll have fun gearing up. Whats supposed to be fair if you grow your pvp penis possibly slower but with a set time for it to reach its maximum bragging value? I dont understand the concept of fair here really. It would be like comparing fairness on "is it fair that it takes longer to bake a cake than heat up water for instant soup?"
    One is for the yummies and one is for hunger. One is for PvE content and one is for PvP content.

10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.
    Random dungeons take anywhere from 35-50 minutes on my server.
    Random battle grounds take anywhere from 5-30 seconds on my server.]
    Not kidding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Ooooor maybe it's shorter because there are a lot less people at 85 queuing than there are at 60-64.
    fixed that for ya, also its because 85 you have gear as goal while at 63 you want the XP and lots of people cant stand TBC content (I hated it luckily I made it with my priest by doing Hellfire pensuela and nagrand with a couple of BGs and dungeons.)

Quote Originally Posted by Curoch View Post
    Not kidding.
    what server u play on ? O:

10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    fixed that for ya, also its because 85 you have gear as goal while at 63 you want the XP and lots of people cant stand TBC content (I hated it luckily I made it with my priest by doing Hellfire pensuela and nagrand with a couple of BGs and dungeons.)
    Lol, what the heck are you talking about?
    There are a TON more people at 85 than 60-64.
    You high, bro?

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    US, Bloodhoof, Alliance side.
    Horde has wait times of 30 minutes like everyone else, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Er...you think there are more people queuing in the 60-64 bracket than there are queuing in the 85 bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    Same as mine (alliance). On muradin. I advise against coming here though, this server sucks. We've had TB 3 times in the last 2 weeks. By 3 times I really mean 3 times. Like 7 hours. We're real pro over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

thats kinda weird how one server can have faster queue times when they got rid of battlegroups and made it cross country dont cha think?

Er...you think there are more people queuing in the 60-64 bracket than there are queuing in the 85 bracket?
    Not that, but more horde are queueing than alliance, so they have excess horde and not enough alliance.

I'm bored so here I go:

Queued / Queued
    H A
    10:2
    15:8
    22:13
    - Random BG pops, say AB. More queue
    10:1
    17:4
    23:7

etc etc. Yes, I'm really this bored to do this. Basically you have an overflow of horde and not enough allies, so allies like on my server get instant queue while horde have to wait. I'm sure you knew this, but yeah. I am really this bored. :S
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pomop View Post
    Not that, but more horde are queueing than alliance, so they have excess horde and not enough alliance.

etc etc. Yes, I'm really this bored to do this. Basically you have an overflow of horde and not enough allies, so allies like on my server get instant queue while horde have to wait. I'm sure you knew this, but yeah. I am really this bored. :S
    But that still doesn't explain how his correction makes any sense.

Deleted
    Lol, what the heck are you talking about?
    There are a TON more people at 85 than 60-64.
    You high, bro?[COLOR="red"]
    The OP was going on about how low lvl pvp queues are faster.. also if you read, YES READ, then you will see I was talking about "people queuing" not existing. How many lvl63 do you see sitting around in orgrimmar/stormwind? not many.
    the pve content on lvl58-68 sucks. it hasnt changed and has been around for 3 years or more. so people decide to queue for dungeons and BGs.
    once you have your pvp gear on 85 you start sitting around or doing rated BGs/arena but you probably wont spend your time in BGs capping honor that you cant need anyways. if youre leveling you can use BGs to level up in a fun way so you queue.

Now if you understood that, you may want to choose to stop asking people for drugs

Deleted
    yes I do, I also explained why it is that way. 85 you have more to do. rated BGs arena, raids heroics where as on lvl 60 you can only quest or do instances you have been doing the past 3 years

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP was going on about how low lvl pvp queues are faster.. also if you read, YES READ, then you will see I was talking about "people queuing" not existing. How many lvl63 do you see sitting around in orgrimmar/stormwind? not many.
    the pve content on lvl58-68 sucks. it hasnt changed and has been around for 3 years or more. so people decide to queue for dungeons and BGs.
    once you have your pvp gear on 85 you start sitting around or doing rated BGs/arena but you probably wont spend your time in BGs capping honor that you cant need anyways. if youre leveling you can use BGs to level up in a fun way so you queue.

Now if you understood that, you may want to choose to stop asking people for drugs
    So you seriously think that there are more people queuing for BGs in the 60-64 bracket than there are queuing in the 85 bracket? >.>

That may be true speaking of percentages (and it may not), but definitely not in raw numbers.

Deleted
    So you seriously think that there are more people queuing for BGs in the 60-64 bracket than there are queuing in the 85 bracket? >.>

That may be true speaking of percentages (and it may not), but definitely not in raw numbers.
    Ok let me explain with an example. Youre 85, have factions to grind rep with. You have your pvp gear together after TB had this funny functionality of 1800 HP per win. So what do you do when you log in? You grind heroics for reputation, you stand around in the major city showing off your drake X, you do raids, to finish leveling up your professions, you do archeology, you do arena, rated BGs.. If you have your pvp gear for HP done you probably wont do all that many BGs anymore. And real pvp players have their gear finished.

Now we look at the lvl 60-70 players. They have to level up. 3 options: BGs, Questing, Instances. Now instance grinding got nerfed hard. its also not amusing with rnds that play slowly. Questing is fine to some extent but there is always that "i have done this for a million times" thing that bothers you. Now there is low lvl BGs. They are more fun than lvl85 BGs because of the huge differences in lvl and gear there is thus making everybody work together to sustain. So what do you queue? BGs.
    There are a lot of alts leveling right now and leveling through BGs is more rewarding than grinding BGs for gear.

I didnt say "raw numbers" but in the end I still believe that there actually are more BGs open on 1-84 than just plainly at 85. and I believe most of those BGs to be open on lvl 58-68 because nobody likes TBC questing/instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt say "raw numbers" but in the end I still believe that there actually are more BGs open on 1-84 than just plainly at 85. and I believe most of those BGs to be open on lvl 58-68 because nobody likes TBC questing/instances.
    Unless you have some statistics to back that up I'm just going to file it under pure conjecture.

Deleted
    Questing is fine to some extent but there is always that "i have done this for a million times" thing that bothers you.
    Except that it's all new since cata and you'd need to level 3 or 4 characters on either side through completely to get bored of it. But I get what you're saying. And it's probably true that a lot of people don't like TBC, I personally love it and greatly enjoy the questing but my mates always complain about it. For me, Wrath is boring as hell and I'm not looking forward to pulling my warrior through there. Though, with the XP nerfs it shouldn't hurt too bad :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    Except that it's all new since cata and you'd need to level 3 or 4 characters on either side through completely to get bored of it. But I get what you're saying. And it's probably true that a lot of people don't like TBC, I personally love it and greatly enjoy the questing but my mates always complain about it. For me, Wrath is boring as hell and I'm not looking forward to pulling my warrior through there. Though, with the XP nerfs it shouldn't hurt too bad :P
    The thing is many have quested TBC like 5-15 times. Personally I have done the quests 6 or 7 times and Im tired of them. I do a quest once and then I know what to do for the next few years. I still know how to play Majoras Mask or Orcanina of time even though I havent played them in the last 7 years.
    Of course with the changes to the zones the <58 area is probably going to make you want to quest. In the end quests stay "go there gather x kill y and click through this story". some players enjoy the RPG part of wow, the large part doesnt even know where arthas came from even though he was the endboss of wrath and the entire storyline of the addon tells you his story.

Unless you have some statistics to back that up I'm just going to file it under pure conjecture.
    right back at you. I cant have numbers but neither can you. Youre guessing because you simply think that there are more 85s than lowies. In reality you can put more lowies per 85. Players might have a couple of 85s now most players have one 85 or maybe two. half of the wow community doesnt even play PvP on 85.
    you can pretty safely say that anybody with an 85 character also has a lower character. doesnt work the other way around.
    With content being stuck if you dont have a raidguild, arena team or rated BG group, (or they might not be online atm) many will turn to alts. I have 3 I play actively, one is 25 one is 68 and one is 80. I know people that start out on new servers because they have 10 chars on one server all 80 or higher.

Please give me reasons why you think more people queue for rnd BGs at lvl 85 than lower levels. I have several reasons to believe the raw numbers on lower levels is higher.
    - 58-80 content has been around for too long (many dont enjoy questing, even less if they have done the quests before)
    - at 85 you have much more things to do than run BGs for HPoints (raids, heroics, rep grinds (quests), archeology, world achievements, farming,...)
    - low level BG queues are short (experience value here, on any level I do not have to wait longer than 20 minutes while with my 85 warrior I have to wait a minimum of 30 minutes)

There are reasons to believe what I say is true backed up with experience value. Now go ahead and put something else against it instead of blindly barking that it just cant be

Not kidding.
    alliance or horde?