disappointed with new Xperl ( paladin pov )

Hi,

So i downloaded the latest version of xperl, only to find out they have removed the blizzard UI of the holy power bar ( i think its the same for warlocks, unsure of DK's )
    and replaced it with three yellow triangle/pyramids that appear on my portrait and are hardly visible.
    i think its a terrible move on behalf of the xperl admin(s)
    has this bothered any other xperl users?

can anyone suggest a holy power tracker, i dont really like the look of nugcombo, so if you know of an addon that is the default UI that would be brilliant

Deleted
    This has bothered me a truckload as well, lot harder to notice it now. Afraid I dont know anyone else but Nugcombo and I dont like it either.

Wow... people still use XPerl?

<takes notes>

OT: No clue, I don't use it but you should be able to change it; if I can remember correctly, XPerl was still customizable.

Get Pitbull. Its frikking awesome addon if you learn to configure it correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

Deleted
    Get Shadow unit frames, superior in every way.

i mean i would use the standard UI however, i have used Xperl for a number of years now, and i rely on the screen edge flash when on low health FAR too much. i dont think i could be as quick without it.
    i've had a few people on this site say its an option by defualt, but never had a pointer, they just suspected it was. so if it is an actual feature by blizzard, can someone point me in the right direction.

this change in xperl has made me think about using another UI mod, as its not the nicest looking of the UI mods out there, i just favoured it for the default holy power UI and the screen edge flash!

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 10:18 AM ----------

does the SUF offer the defualt holy power graphic Davoo2080?

Still can't believe there are people using Xperl, when the other unit frames around(Mainly PB and SUF) are far superior to it, plus xperl looks like shit.

Deleted
    Hey mate I was puzzled as well, but if you have ret offspec, you should use CLCRet addon http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcret.aspx

While it won't show you spells in prot or holy, it will leave the holy power bar and you can modify it with commands, where to put it how big it is etc. I personally find it very useful having it just above my action bars.

This is a screeny of my UI and it's HP bar
    http://img707.imageshack.us/f/wowscr...611002427.jpg/

---------- Post added 2011-01-17 at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exavie View Post
    Still can't believe there are people using Xperl, when the other unit frames around(Mainly PB and SUF) are far superior to it, plus xperl looks like shit.
    I'd say that's a personal preference. I've been using xperl for god knows how long and I am not keen on changing it just yet. I admit I've seen better bars but I just like it how it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exavie View Post
    That´s your opinion. Try not to be so narrowminded please.

If you are searching for perfection, completely chosen by your mind, download STUF.

Wow, I think this changed into a suggestion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart View Post
    That´s your opinion. Try not to be so narrowminded please.
    He's not alone, Xperl is hideous.

I love all these people who decided to takes this thread and essentially make fun of people for using an "inferior" UI mod. That isn't the topic of the thread. Besides, most of those "superior" features are probably a bunch of things you don't even use or need at all to begin with. It's a matter of preference, so stop bashing the guy for the addons he uses.

Personally, I can't vouch for the new Holy Power UI because I simply haven't updated my addons in a quite some time since I don't really care about the game enough to bother raiding anymore. But I always preferred how Xperl handled the Death Knight rune system over the default. Either way, if you really dislike it's Holy Power UI, I'm sure you can find a separate Holy Power UI mod to help with the visibility - though most of the ones I've seen so far are quite an eyesore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPete View Post
    Why would it matter how many people who dislike it?
    There could be 2 out of a million that liked it, and it would still be a matter of opinion.
    Try harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyPete View Post
    I find Shadow Unit Frames to be hideous. Completely clashes with aesthetic of the game.

Deleted
    OP: Post it on the XPerl comments.

Everyone else: Nope, not every thread about something related to XPerl is asking you to post what unit frames you use and how hideous you think XPerl is.

Closed.