Poll: TB stands for ?

Thread: TB stands for

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

TB stands for

TB... for the last 6 years it stood proud for "Thunder Bluff"
    Now, allofasudden Tol Barad arrizes. and the whole Trade channel is Bombarded with "which one ?" as soon as someone speaks of TB in a non party, raid, or PVP acknowledging syntax.

Just making a small poll

Deleted
    Unless you're on Alliance in which case no problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree, though I don't see what is so hard about typing "Tol Barad", especially since "TB" is already taken.

Total bullsh*t

Im pretty sure thats what it stands for

Totally Boring
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"

Tol Borad's abbreviation is "LB", for LoL Borad

Total Biscuit :P

Unfortunately it's a situation where it will end up mostly being the one most relevant to the bulk of the server's population (This sometimes happened with people not adding the S to Warsong Gulch's abbreviation making it the same as Wintergrasp's). With Org as the new horde hub and Tol Barad being the new Wintergrasp (ha!) unless someone's asking for a service and saying they're in TB (Thunder Bluff) they likely mean Tol Barad.

yeah, I see TB and I now think of Tol Barad instead of Thunder Bluff.

Maybe we need to start referring to Thunder Bluff as "Bluff" or something else.

Blizzard, either intentionally or accidentally, has been good in the past about not having multiple significant areas in WoW having the same abbreviations.

Deleted
    TotalBiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    Total Biscuit :P
    First thing that came to mind...

As alli, it is tol'barad. I can understand the confusion for horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever someone talks about "TB" i always reply as if they're talking about Thunder Bluff, even if it's extremly obvious they're not, Just to make a point.

Too bad, as in too bad you fought this battle but still couldn't win due to the broken nature of the zerg circles that plague the offense.

OT: But really, I play mostly Alliance so TB=Tol Barad for me at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Total Biscuit?

Why would they make him into an outdoor PvP zone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venefikus View Post
    Tuberculosis.
    Damn, I was gonna say that!

OT: In my personal opinion, Thunder Bluff came first, therefore it has the right to the abbreviation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Tol barad should be called TlB, though I too call it TB, and I call Thunder Bluff TB... AAAAHH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    why isn't there a poll option for "both, depending on situation and context"?

It means both...

If someone says "LF port to TB" then it's Thunder Bluff.

If someone says "TB in 10min" then it's Tol Barad.

Don't act like an even bigger idiot than you are. Use what little brain power you have to interpret context.

Deleted
    in trade.....

Player : "who's got TB"
    Me : "a bunch of cows unless alliance have attacked it"
    Player : "i meant Tol barad"
    Me : see you can type the whole word, did that in the first place you wouldn't have a smart arse answer!!
    Everyone else : LOL, PWND, Owned..