Page 1 of 2
LastLast

It's unfair that...

Australians are matched up with Asia in Starcraft.

I hate to say it, but Asians are just better at gaming, there is almost no real competitve gamers here in Australia, I'm the only kid in my school who I knows plays games LONGER than 12/hr on average per day [excluding weekdays], (there are 1300+ people in my school)

It's just not a gaming culture, And I feel it's extreemly unfair.

Thats just me...
    Last edited by PhailPally; 2011-01-19 at 12:44 PM.

If u play that much a day, you may should consider playing less? Oh and playing many hours dosent neccessary mean you are better then the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by heacon View Post
    If u play that much a day, you may should consider playing less? Oh and playing many hours dosent neccessary mean you are better then the rest...
    I was trying to make a point using time, never said I was good, infact I'm bad, I'm Australian.

Deleted
    Way to blame your lack of skill on your nationality.

i hope you only speak for yourself when you say Australians are bad at gaming. Really I do.
    i'm not a starcrafter but i have quite a nice record (yes even vs Asians) in C&C

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Way to blame your lack of skill on your nationality.
    I feel you are missing the point, Australia is NOT a gaming culture, wheras in Asia it is.

If you say you play any game here (like WoW or Starcraft) you are a nerd, fag no life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres plenty of kids at my school who game. Probably even longer than you, I have 2 friends (used to be close, anyway) that are in Silver League of SC2. Hell it's been the holidays so I wouldn't be surprised if one of them has wiggled their way into Gold (they were complaining about the same thing as you, but they are very good so..yeh)

10+ Year Old Account
    I know so many people that play SC2 (I live in Australia) and I will agree with you, many of the people we have to play against are very good. Not all of them are Asian though. I myself am in gold league for 3v3 and so is one of my friends. You really just have to toughen up, get over it, l2p, that kinda stuff... Not saying you're bad, just get over it.

Also, 12 hours a day it HEAPS even on a weekend by my standards so I'm not surprised you're the only one. (Not an insult)
    Last edited by Luphy; 2011-01-19 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post
    I feel you are missing the point, Australia is NOT a gaming culture, wheras in Asia it is.

If you say you play any game here (like WoW or Starcraft) you are a nerd, fag no life.
    I in no way see how that affects the skill of the player at all. Just because knitting is more common in Wyoming doesn't mean that everyone in Utah fails hard at it. Even moreso because gaming is largely internet-based so any tips from professional Wyoming knitters would just as easily reach the ears of everyone in Utah.

Gaming skill has nothing to do with nationality therefore this thread is obsolete.

/thread

Deleted
    His point was that a nation of people who practice gaming 12+ hours a day are going to be far better at it than people who practice gaming 1 hour a day. Nitpicking by injecting the word "skill" into it is all well and good, but you know what he meant. You can't say with a straight face that a footballer who never trains is going to be as good as a footballer who has a strict training regime.

He's also right that Australia has no gaming culture, nobody looks up to gamers, there are no role models to encourage people to play professional FPS's or anything. In asia, there is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    His point was that a nation of people who practice gaming 12+ hours a day are going to be far better at it than people who practice gaming 1 hour a day. Nitpicking by injecting the word "skill" into it is all well and good, but you know what he meant. You can't say with a straight face that a footballer who never trains is going to be as good as a footballer who has a strict training regime.

He's also right that Australia has no gaming culture, nobody looks up to gamers, there are no role models to encourage people to play professional FPS's or anything. In asia, there is.
    The thing is, a country's culture influences you, it does not form you. Being Australian is no excuse for being bad at the game. (off-topic note: I just lost and so did you.) My point is that the Korean that plays Starcraft for 12 hours a day and the Australian that plays Starcraft 12 hours a day should be of comparable skill. If winning really is that important to you in an online game, you're going to need to practice just as much as your "enemy" does. If it isn't, who cares? Eat a loss and move on.

12hrs a day - see this is where i'm glad i know what's trully important in life, no offense to pro gamers it's their job, but regular guys playing that much can't be "normal"!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Alrighty... so the logic is that because you are Australian, you have no chance against another player because they are Asian. Because Race has everything to do with a Persons ability to be good at a video game? Has nothing to do with people practicing until they get better too right?

*walks away shaking head*

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    12hrs a day
    Jesus H Christ. Maybe get an Asian girlfriend?

I'm sure most of you are playing games, or at least on the internet for nearly as much..

I smell a shitstorm brewing...

You're matched with Asia because of it's proximity.

I guess it's a little unfair since koreans live and breath starcraft...

Only thing you can do is use workarounds to play on US servers, but even after the hassle you will probably lag more so it may not be worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should be glad you are paired with Asia. You get to play with the gosu guys. I have a few friends that would just love to play with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Alrighty... so the logic is that because you are Australian, you have no chance against another player because they are Asian. Because Race has everything to do with a Persons ability to be good at a video game? Has nothing to do with people practicing until they get better too right?

*walks away shaking head*
    Sorry to say buddy, but has an Australian ever won a Starcraft tournament?

Nope. guess what, they ARE ALL asian.