Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Some nice theories you've got here but in my opinion, if Gellar didn't exist, they wouldn't have created such a backside story about him (old time professor, 200 former students of his in the area, former lover found, his drawings found, that sheep incident...)

Also when they were taking care of the horsemen victim (the guy sewed together with manequins) Masuka or Dexter said that some of the parts were cut off in a very nice and clean manor while others were detached in a very unprofessional way.
    But if he is schizo he would be 2 people so when he is the prof he is all centered calm and focused, when his is Travis he all nervous and panicky & the prof always seems to wear the same cloths

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Bit unlikely when the woman that was released said she heard two mens voices. Although there have been a couple of bits that have been a bit weak plot wise this season. Other ones that spring to mind are the blood under the finger nails of Janet in episode one and Trinity's daughter killing herself by slitting her thigh.
    I just talked in 6 different voices, and im not nearly as batshit nuts as Travis is.

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Bit unlikely when the woman that was released said she heard two mens voices. Although there have been a couple of bits that have been a bit weak plot wise this season. Other ones that spring to mind are the blood under the finger nails of Janet in episode one and Trinity's daughter killing herself by slitting her thigh.
    She heard two voices, I can talk in more ways than one.

I love this "ghost gellar" if they actually do it, this will be the best season ever.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The writing is on the board.

i prupose an argument..
    i don't believe that Trinity killed Rita...
    and so, who kill her?

Quote Originally Posted by mallyx View Post
    i prupose an argument..
    i don't believe that Trinity killed Rita...
    and so, who kill her?
    Trinity killed Rita, theres no questioning it at all. He even hints to it when Dexter has him tied up.

def trinity killed her

Ding dong Gellar is dead

Wow, I have a friend who predicted exactly what we found out last night and I was ready to hear exactly that and was still excited to see that it was true. Anyway this brings in to light a whole new set of problems, problems that Dexter may not even be able to surface by himself. For now, we will probably only see him come to the conclusion that Dexter is capable of having "light" and "dark" in him, but then he will probably question whether he ends up just like schizophrenic Travis or if he can be different - better - which would make the episode about the Tooth Fairy a sort of foreshadow to the bigger picture. In any case, these are probably the only predicaments we'll Dexter suffer through even though there are some others.

However, now that we (Dexter + audience) have seen the Dark Passenger of another, we (the audience) may put into question the stability of Dexter's mental capacity. To make this more clear, I will use an analogy relevant to the plot of this season: Gellar is to Travis as Harry is to Dexter. Gellar may not have the same influence on Travis as Harry does on Dexter, but both Dexter and Travis have somehow been taught a sort of life lesson that they use to rule their actions. Not only that, but Travis has gone so far off the deep end that he actually talks out loud to his passenger, whereas Dexter only monologues with his Passenger (who I will presume is disguised as Harry), and yet as far as the audience is concerned, we don't know if Dexter is or isn't talking out loud to Harry, but we are aware that Dexter is leaning off the edge from what we saw when his brother Brian came to "visit". In a more analytical sense, I don't know if the producers of the show just decided to drop the whole monologue sequence effect after season 2 (where, whenever Harry came to talk with Dexter, we saw quite a bloom effect), but the monologue sequences seem to just be flowing too well with rest of the dialogue to be considered 'sane' monologue sequences. What I'm trying to say is that Dexter may be going crazy and we are likely to see more of his downfall as time goes on.

Deleted
    Holy shit you guys were right all along. That's pretty damn amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Holy shit you guys were right all along. That's pretty damn amazing.
    No it was pretty damn obvious. Gellar never interacted with anyone and the only time he was on screen was when Travis was there. Also, everyone said they hadn't seen him in months/years. Also, the episode where Brian and Dexter go to Nebraska is only to show that hallucinations can do more "active stuff" like Gellar but still be a part of someones imagination.
    Last edited by Nekhetyo; 2011-11-28 at 06:32 PM.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Ugh, I was wrong. But what about the whore? She said that there were two men.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    Ugh, I was wrong. But what about the whore? She said that there were two men.
    Schizophrenia. He spoke in two voices. Also i agree with 'Somebody', Dexter is wallowing in his own craziness more and more.

Also, dont be upset if last night's episode fooled you, it was supposed to. Some of us are just so insanely nuts about the show, that we over analyze everything to the point where we got it right.

Almost forgot to add - the most interesting things for me about last episode was debra's new attitude and lewis's secrets. 2 very strong angles they can play to shake up the whole foundation of the department.
    Last edited by Rawt; 2011-11-28 at 09:03 PM.

What if they did a twist on the twist and had Gellar only recently killed by Travis after his sister's death. Twisty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius_1 View Post
    I haven't seen Dexter, is it as good as people say?
    YEEES yess yeas!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    No it was pretty damn obvious. Gellar never interacted with anyone and the only time he was on screen was when Travis was there. Also, everyone said they hadn't seen him in months/years. Also, the episode where Brian and Dexter go to Nebraska is only to show that hallucinations can do more "active stuff" like Gellar but still be a part of someones imagination.
    Except when the girl Hanks releases reports hearing an old and a young man's voice.

But yeah I was wrong about this too

I don't think I would have seen it coming otherwise, but watching last nights episode with that in mind made it feel a little predictable. No idea what the intern having the hand is supposed to be about though.

---------- Post added 2011-11-28 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    YEEES yess yeas!!!!
    Definitely, but it also peaked with Trinity. The last two seasons haven't been as good IMO.

While the Gellar/Travis thing was pretty obvious it hasn't stopped this season from being good, and IMO a step or two above last season. Personally I think the problem fans are going to continually have with Dexter is constantly comparing each season to season 4, rather than enjoying it for what it is.

****SPOILER****

Wow! I was actually very surprised by the twist, and I'm amazed others were able to figure it out beforehand.

But if you think about it, in the first episode with the oranges guy, you saw Travis wielding a sword getting ready to kill him. I always thought this was kind of odd and perhaps the writers mistake or something.

Anyways, crazy!!! Can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes now, especially considering this season has been kind of dry to be honest.

P.S. Why does everyone hate season 3? I mean it wasn't the best, and the season finale sucked, but beyond that there was some interesting moments, and I thought a lot of the character dialogue between Dexter and Miguel was great.
    Last edited by Desdonde; 2011-11-29 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    P.S. Why does everyone hate season 3? I mean it wasn't the best, and the season finale sucked, but beyond that there was some interesting moments, and I thought a lot of the character dialogue between Dexter and Miguel was great.
    Opinion is opinion. For me it goes S2> S1> S4> S6> S5> S3