Thread: [TV] Dexter

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arog View Post
    Opinion is opinion. For me it goes S2> S1> S4> S6> S5> S3
    Obviously it's opinion, that's why I said "why", as in I'd love to actually here these opinions in more detail

s3 was decent, nothing great, imo. s5 was horrid. i LOVED s2 and the doakes rivalry, really miss that angle on the show. s1, s4, and s6 have all been fantastic.

Deleted
    If this greatness keeps going, S6 is going to surpass S2 as my favorite Season. Doesn't matter that everyone was able to guess the newest twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Season seven should be about Doctor Danco a serial killer that tortures his victims by cutting of all of their limbs, eyelids, lips, ears, and their noses, making them watch their dismemberment by hanging a mirror above them. The entire time the victim is sedated on many drugs so he doesn't die, and has to play a game of Hangman.

That was one of the best killers in the books.
    Yes this. I have hoped for this every season since I read the book

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Yes this. I have hoped for this every season since I read the book
    Speaking of books, I'm a bit confused on the order of which book to read next. So far I've finished only Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dexter by Design, but I can't figure out which goes next and I don't want to read them out of order if that's possible. Could someone help me out here and tell me which order you're supposed to read them in?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    s3 was decent, nothing great, imo. s5 was horrid. i LOVED s2 and the doakes rivalry, really miss that angle on the show. s1, s4, and s6 have all been fantastic.
    personally liked all the seasons, and at the same time havent liked parts.

for your examples; loved the doakes stuff, while hated all the stuff with liela (spelling?). liked most of season 3 aswel although the main killer guy was realy just a backdrop story for most of it which i didnt like. Loved all of season 4 up until Rita's death aswel.

I liked the latest episode. Travis really jumped on the crazy train

The phenomenon where a stronger personality takes over a weaker one in schizophrenia cases is very rare in reality, but what's curious about Travis' case is that both of his personalities are merged, which has no documented real cases. It makes a great plotline though.

that twist with travis caught me lovely i wasn't expecting that at all.

[TV] Dexter!!

Any predictions on how the 6th season will end? I'm really impressed with the season so far, the last episode looks to be pretty good.

OMG YES GOOD FREAKING OFF TOPIC POST!

MAJOR OBVIOUS SPOILER INCOMING

*coughs* Well Dexter will kill Travis. What else would happen? He always kills the main guy.

Oh and Deb will probably get one step closer to knowing the truth by being in the kill room a few meters away from him but not seeing his face---

SEASON 5 SPOILER

--- like she did when Dexter and Lumen killed Jordan Chase in Season 5

Dexter will also probs get caught in some kind of trap, much like he did when he---

SEASON 6 SPOILER

--- found Gellar in the freezer last last week.

Bout to watch this week's episode. So excited
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Bump. Thoughts on tonight's episode?

*SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY*

Am I the only one who feels it's just another... meh? episode.

I mean, Travis is feeling like a typical James Bond Villain. The way he tries to kill Dexter (who we know will escape) and Angel is just plain silly. Also, I was hoping for more interaction between Travis and "Geller", to get a deeper understanding of how Travis is going insane and link it back to Dexter in some way, but ever since the "great" reveal, we've seen nothing. So far very disappointed. By the way, seeing Dexter getting captured by Travis by the circumstances that occurred, saw it coming a million miles away, I was really hoping for more unpredictability in this season, ah well..

The Debra drama thing regarding how she really feels about her brother, I really don't see a point in it.... it's heading in a weird direction. And am I the only one who finds the "counselor" scenes between her and that psychiatrist completely dull? And that dream scene, man, it could've been placed in a much better spot, I knew right away it was a dream because Dexter was waiting on the boat for Travis.

Other things... well there's not much to say on other things. The Quinn fucking things up is getting old and I don't see where it's heading, they have only one episode to resolve it in some way. The LaGuerta thing where she is getting promoted might set up something good for the next season. Homeland Security, what was the point of that? To waste 5 minutes? Just a tired retread of FBI taking over a case several seasons ago. The department hates it, yadda yadda, who cares.

The only interesting thing right now is that intern and him sending off the Ice Truck Killer's hand to Dexter. I'm glad to see it might spark something unpredictable, but with only one episode left to resolve it, I feel it might be a very minor thing. Hope I'm proven wrong!

Yup.. that whole Louis (Lewis? Intern guy) thing has me puzzled... could be setting up next season.. could be adding complications for next episode.. either way I'm interested

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Yup.. that whole Louis (Lewis? Intern guy) thing has me puzzled... could be setting up next season.. could be adding complications for next episode.. either way I'm interested
    How sad is it, that this plot is more interesting then the travis story....And am I the only one disapointed by the story with "brother Sam" ? I mean, what was th epoint of that...For Dexter to read the bible so he could understand Travis'S "work" ? Could've been done without wasting 4 episodes on that :|

This season is the most disapointing so far for me...

Well, it's the unknown.. you don't know the details, but you know what's going to happen with Travis. Not knowing what's going on with the intern is exciting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    How sad is it, that this plot is more interesting then the travis story....And am I the only one disapointed by the story with "brother Sam" ? I mean, what was th epoint of that...For Dexter to read the bible so he could understand Travis'S "work" ? Could've been done without wasting 4 episodes on that :|

This season is the most disapointing so far for me...
    Yeah, but Mos Def is awesome so there was that. Not the worst season, but I would like to see it get back to the simpler times when he took care of smaller targets. Each episode was more satisfying then. These drawn out stories can get a little dull.

Dexter/Debra angle is being setup so that Debra can finally have the realization of what Dexter is. Only through deep introspection, can she understand why she is 'at home' with men like him, and ultimately open up her eyes to his behavior.

The Laguerta thing is huge, whether you realize it or not. If that bitch gets in charge of the entire precinct next season, there's gonna be some problems.

Quinn/Batista angle is just filler. It's just the filler that shows angel finally snapping, and hopefully, quinn growing up.

The lewis story is building up nicely. His fascination with Dexter, his huge financial worth, and his ability to pinpoint digital footprints and track them, is going to setup a nice gellar/travis relationship with him and dexter next season. Also, i like how they have hid little possible explosions throughout the dexter/lewis story this season, there's multiple angles to play on. I.E. what is lewis owns that search engine he bragged to dexter about and got him using (we've seen dexter use it in the last few episodes)? That would mean lewis has tons of search info on dexter - that could either look typical, or tragic for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    Dexter/Debra angle is being setup so that Debra can finally have the realization of what Dexter is. Only through deep introspection, can she understand why she is 'at home' with men like him, and ultimately open up her eyes to his behavior.

The Laguerta thing is huge, whether you realize it or not. If that bitch gets in charge of the entire precinct next season, there's gonna be some problems.

Quinn/Batista angle is just filler. It's just the filler that shows angel finally snapping, and hopefully, quinn growing up.

The lewis story is building up nicely. His fascination with Dexter, his huge financial worth, and his ability to pinpoint digital footprints and track them, is going to setup a nice gellar/travis relationship with him and dexter next season. Also, i like how they have hid little possible explosions throughout the dexter/lewis story this season, there's multiple angles to play on. I.E. what is lewis owns that search engine he bragged to dexter about and got him using (we've seen dexter use it in the last few episodes)? That would mean lewis has tons of search info on dexter - that could either look typical, or tragic for him.
    Wish I could share all that optimism, but I tried to have tons of it with this season and it has disappointed me again and again with each episode.

Guess we can always hope?

Didn't Dexter's brother kill Laguerta in the books?
    Maybe she will be gone soon.

We can only hope. She's super annoying, and doesn't really do shit anymore.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.